***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA SENIOR NIGHT TOURNEY BID IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Last game and this game is the Coffey we’ve all been waiting for in big games.

I am that coach, “No, no, Coffey, don’t force the shot, (but as the shot drops) hey Coffey, way to go, nice!”

I always thought that for a charge is to be called, the defender must have his feet set....silly me

It was a bad call, especially when the defender is already falling backwards before contact is made.

That was Delaney bitch boy special on that charge.

I always thought that for a charge is to be called, the defender must have his feet set....silly me

That is silly.
That never has been the rule and isn’t the rule.

A bad call, but for different reasons than that

That was Delaney bitch boy special on that charge.

Honestly the big ten would be cheering for us in this game.
Michigan and Michigan state have better shots at 1/2 seeds and big ten is at risk of only getting 7 in if gophers lose

Need Gabe to knock down a few. Purdue will make a run

It was a bad call, especially when the defender is already falling backwards before contact is made.

It was atrocious.

But good Murphy and good Coffey on the same night is fun.

Nice half

Bs foul ohyMurphy

Stull contributing

Yup really bad.

NCAA needs to change block charge rules because the refs aren’t good enough to call them as currently enforced. Inconsistent and frustrating for players and fans.

A good first half. A 10 point lead against #11 in the country. I hope we come out in the second half and shut the door.

A good first half. A 10 point lead against #11 in the country. I hope we come out in the second half and shut the door.

That’s not going to happen.
Purdue is good. We can win the game but we aren’t going to blow them out.

Great half by Murphy, Coffey and McBrayer. Stockman contributed nicely. I lost track of my possession assessment, as I got too riled up. My voice is already hoarse at halftime. Really good possessions in the first half. The bad ones were by and large lazy turnovers, two I’ll-advised long jumpers by Murphy, and a couple where we struggled to get off a shot (one a shot-clock violation). About 10 poor possessions. Is that a good or bad number? Eliminate the really lazy turnovers, and I think you would have to say our offense got good shots for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the defense you have to bring every night !

Did it the first time they played too.

No bench means we are going to get run down in the second half. Start giving up offensive rebounds and open 3s.

If they hit them, we lose.
If they don’t, we win.

Yup really bad.

NCAA needs to change block charge rules because the refs aren’t good enough to call them as currently enforced. Inconsistent and frustrating for players and fans.

How would you change it? There are obvious charges and blocks, and there are those in real time that can go either way.

Great half by Murphy, Coffey and McBrayer. Stockman contributed nicely. I lost track of my possession assessment, as I got too riled up. My voice is already hoarse at halftime. Really good possessions in the first half. The bad ones were by and large lazy turnovers, two I’ll-advised long jumpers by Murphy, and a couple where we struggled to get off a shot (one a shot-clock violation). About 10 poor possessions. Is that a good or bad number? Eliminate the really lazy turnovers, and I think you would have to say our offense got good shots for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This team plays better with stockman than curry IMO

Curry is a little better. But for some reason guys think he is a lot better and give him way too
Many touches. Curry kills the offense because of this.

How would you change it? There are obvious charges and blocks, and there are those in real time that can go either way.

They had to do whatever the NBA did that makes it so no one even tried to take them.

I guess pay the players tens of millions of dollars.

Overall, the Gophers are clicking so far. Obviously, Coffey and Murphy are playing well, but Stockman has also been a difference-maker. He might not have been on the court at all if Curry was playing, but I think he might be a better matchup with Purdue. Williams has hardly been in the game for Purdue (due to fouls), which helped in the first half, and that has forced Haarms to spend more time on the court, which might help in the 2nd half.

Crowd wants this one. Needs it. Is loud. Engaged. Ready to explode. Need to go on a mini run and put some space between us. Crowd will carry the tired legs and weary soldiers.

I am advocate of Richard using timeouts to stop Carson Edwards runs

That should have been an and 1

Top Bottom