***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA SENIOR NIGHT TOURNEY BID IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

That was just the tonic. At worst, this puts us on the bubble. One more W and we're squarely in.

It was really only the one announcer. And it really didn't look like it hit Coffey. I didn't see any trajectory change....except for when it hit the hand of the Purdue player. And then he started in with saying that it hit his leg too....which also did not appear to be the case. He was clearly just hoping for a crazy end to the game.

I completely agree. Crispin kept talking like there was some evidence that the ball changed direction. I watched over and over and tried to be objective and could not see anything that indicated it touched Coffey. Or didn't touch him for that matter.

That was just the tonic. At worst, this puts us on the bubble. One more W and we're squarely in.

I agree. If what everyone is saying is true, this should put us on the safe side of the bubble. They said tonight before the game that 89 out of 96 projections had us in? A win over #11 Purdue should damn near close the door. But I have been a Gopher fan too long to really believe that.

These are college kids for Pete sakes! Let them have fun!

Again, I don’t care that the students stormed the court. I am not a fan of it. It’s really not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Court storm was great, almost got trampled but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Stockman was outstanding. Stull played like we hoped/thought he would all year.

Dupree played his best game in a while. Murphy casual double double.

Coffey was insane.

Oturu and Gabe struggled. But we won.

Edwards took 31 shots and didn’t lead the game in scoring. LOL

I agree. If what everyone is saying is true, this should put us on the safe side of the bubble. They said tonight before the game that 89 out of 96 projections had us in? A win over #11 Purdue should damn near close the door. But I have been a Gopher fan too long to really believe that.

If this is the last win, I'll be perspiring a week from Sunday.

Walked into the arena with Travion Williams cousin. Nice guy. Saw his cousins worst game possible.

His lack of minutes/production was huge. Haarms is a dip****.

The energy at the Barn tonight was great. Gophers claiming a lead early got everyone into it. Matz the unexpected star was a really amazing. Lots of the last half had everyone on their feet. Really felt like we were providing a big boost and home court advantage. Lots of us had been waiting all year to have an opportunity to really bring it.

Indeed. Slightly disappointed by the overall numbers of butts in the seats, but that was a loud and intimidating atmosphere. So much fun.

Walked into the arena with Travion Williams cousin. Nice guy. Saw his cousins worst game possible.

His lack of minutes/production was huge. Haarms is a dip****.

It was awesome that Haarms didn't get to go off like a total spaz tonight like he did in West Lafayette. He is such a tool

It was awesome that Haarms didn't get to go off like a total spaz tonight like he did in West Lafayette. He is such a tool

I was kind of surprised by his lack of involvement. Such a big factor in the first game. But you are right, guy is a tool.

This game had two Purdue factors, Kline's 3's and Edward's shot volume. Thought it would be more about Harms.

This was my first game this year and i picked a good one. It seemed like the lower sections were full tonight and the crowd was great. There was some talk on another thread earlier about needing to replace the arena and to me that would be a sad day. When the crowd is good it’s such a great and unique experience.
Very happy for the seniors and coach P. I have been negative on him this year but I would love to see him have success here. I think making the tourney extends him for another year or two and i think he’s smart to say that this win means they are in. He will be incredulous if they are not.
The guards rebounded really well tonight.
This might be out there, but I think Coffey when he is on is the best two way guard since Bobby Jackson. I hope that Pitino can find the right rotation and this team can make a run.

Haarms struggled with Stockmans length and he was required to play a lot more minutes than usual.

Omersa had a couple valuable minutes. Walled up nicely on defense once. Tipped a ball when Edwards drove and it resulted in a Purdue turnover. He is so into the game on the bench. I love it.

Oturu needs to be the poster boy for this program. He was holding a coaches hand and had his arm around him as Coffey shot the final two free throws. Oturu loves it here. Loves being a Gopher.

The crowd was loud and very into the game but there were quite a few empty seats. It's a shame that Coyle is putting a little bit of money above a better atmosphere. In the long-term, I'd have to think that sellouts would make fans want to come more and could help bring in recruits and get better exposure on TV. Imagine if all of the seats were full today.

The crowd was loud and very into the game but there were quite a few empty seats. It's a shame that Coyle is putting a little bit of money above a better atmosphere. In the long-term, I'd have to think that sellouts would make fans want to come more and could help bring in recruits and get better exposure on TV. Imagine if all of the seats were full today.

This isn’t a Coyle issue. The atmosphere was great. Most teams don’t sell out. If it was easy to do they all would.

Were you there? (I was.)

Were you there? (I was.)

Yes I was. Looked like roughly 1000 empty seats excluding the student section.

For senior night at 7pm against the number 11 team in the country when a win would be huge for your chances of making the tournament, the game should absolutely be sold out. Price the tickets right and and it will sell out easily.

Great win...big game for seniors and amir

As far as the court storm goes....idiotic...In general i'm not a huge fan because its dangerous and only dumb stuff usually happens out of it. In my opinion the court storms should pretty much be saved for the mid majors. or for a game that seems unwinnable from the outside (like a top 2 team, not a team that we were up 13 on the road in the second half.) If we expect to be in the tourney, then we should expect to win that game. If the court rush was to celebrate the hard work murphy and mcbrayer have given us over 4 years then that's a little different, but thinking it has more to do with the court storm generation (they saw it on tv then they want to do it.)

Go Gophs always a plus seeing pitino getting his teams to play some of their best ball down the stretch

Did you also b!tch when fans rushed the field after beating Iowa for the pig?

Senior night,...Pitino under fire....Dupree's mom passed away....essentially clinched a tourney spot. Yeah let's complain about kids celebrating. Seemed like a sh!tty moment for all

Props to all the fans showing support!

Nailed it. This is what separates college basketball from NBA; the atmosphere is so much more exciting and intimate. I do not understand why people get upset about college students storming the court on a massive win on senior night. Let's have some positivity and be happy for the team and young fans!

Great win...big game for seniors and amir

As far as the court storm goes....idiotic...In general i'm not a huge fan because its dangerous and only dumb stuff usually happens out of it. In my opinion the court storms should pretty much be saved for the mid majors. or for a game that seems unwinnable from the outside (like a top 2 team, not a team that we were up 13 on the road in the second half.) If we expect to be in the tourney, then we should expect to win that game. If the court rush was to celebrate the hard work murphy and mcbrayer have given us over 4 years then that's a little different, but thinking it has more to do with the court storm generation (they saw it on tv then they want to do it.)

Go Gophs always a plus seeing pitino getting his teams to play some of their best ball down the stretch

There's a video out there of a gopher fan bumping Haarms and then getting in his face at the beginning of the storm. If it were any player other than Haarms, I would probably feel bad. The ref did a good job here.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes I was. Looked like roughly 1000 empty seats excluding the student section.

For senior night at 7pm against the number 11 team in the country when a win would be huge for your chances of making the tournament, the game should absolutely be sold out. Price the tickets right and and it will sell out easily.
Yes, I totally agree. We have had more people for border battles partly because of opposing fans.
Anyone complaining about the fans themselves should be shut up by last night's game. The whole place on their feet for defensive stands. This is what happens during a hard fought contest.
(And yes, the prices are too high)

The extended minutes from Stull, Stockman, and Omersa is what made this all the more enjoyable. Team effort to take down a highly rated squad. Who among us thought a “w” was possible if our lone 3-point shooter was shutout & fouled out, our 6th man out for the year (again), and Oturo would pull a disappearing act (btw: is he injured? What happened last night. Completely out of character for him). So excited for the key contributors to get the chance to clap back at some of the gopherhole tools.

There's a video out there of a gopher fan bumping Haarms and then getting in his face at the beginning of the storm. If it were any player other than Haarms, I would probably feel bad. The ref did a good job here.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Haarms really hustled off the court. It’s like he wanted to interact with fans.

The extended minutes from Stull, Stockman, and Omersa is what made this all the more enjoyable. Team effort to take down a highly rated squad. Who among us thought a “w” was possible if our lone 3-point shooter was shutout & fouled out, our 6th man out for the year (again), and Oturo would pull a disappearing act (btw: is he injured? What happened last night. Completely out of character for him). So excited for the key contributors to get the chance to clap back at some of the gopherhole tools.

For someone not able to be at the game, I was shocked by Gabe hitting only one three, Dupree hitting none, and the Gophers still winning. That's amazing. Would be really nice if some of the bit players can make key contributions in the post-season.

Looks like incidental contact at best. Overblown by Purdue fan. And yes the ref did a nice job controlling the situation. Security should have been on the ball enough to keep the crowd off the floor until Boilers were in the hallway to the locker room.

Harms shoved the guy out of the way with one arm. Zero danger there. Dude was some drunk a__hole flipping him off right in his face with his phone in the other hand recording.

Top Bottom