Syracuse Resume vs Gophers Resume

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Syracuse is an 8 or 9 seed right now by most accounts.

Syracuse
Quad 1: 3-7
Quad 2: 5-2

10 Best wins:
3, 24, 40, 43, 72,
80, 93, 103, 113, 123

Worst 3 loses:
Home vs 129, Home vs 76, Neutral Site vs #94

Avg NET Wins: 126
Avg NET Losses:41

Gophers are a 12 barely hanging on.

Minnesota
Quad 1: 2-8
Quad 2: 7-3

10 Best wins:
17, 32, 41, 49, 51,
55, 69, 90, 92, 95

Worst 3 loses:
Away vs 92, Away vs 98, Away vs 113,

Avg NET Wins: 123
Avg NET Losses:43

Not really sure the point of this.

How do we compare against common opponents?

Not really sure the point of this

Pretty similar overall body of work, with Cuse having one more Q1 win and Gophs having two more Q2 wins. Yet, Cuse is lock while we are a couple of inefficient possessions away from falling off the bubble altogether.

Pretty similar overall body of work, with Cuse having one more Q1 win and Gophs having two more Q2 wins. Yet, Cuse is lock while we are a couple of inefficient possessions away from falling off the bubble altogether.

Syracuse won at Duke. Which is just about as good as any win you can get.

Syracuse also beat Ohio St at their place. We got blown out there.

The resumes really aren't even close.

Interesting assessment.

UVA is top 3 in winning margin, they throttle the other team pretty often. They have one road loss in two years of ACC play. I do think that the margin between Syracuse and the Gophers is razor thin.

Syracuse also has losses to Uconn, Oregon, Old Dominion, and Georgia Tech.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Numbers seem even. Can only guess Cuse given major credit for the Duke win or the NET rankings are given major weight.

Syracuse coach leads the Gopher coach 1-0 in number of people run over at accident scenes.

Updated

Syracuse
Quad 1: 3-7
Quad 2: 5-2

10 Best wins:
3, 24, 40, 43, 72,
80, 93, 103, 113, 123

Worst 3 loses:
Home vs 129, Home vs 76, Neutral Site vs #94

Minnesota
Quad 1: 3-8
Quad 2: 7-3

10 Best wins:
11, 17, 32, 41, 49,
51, 55, 69, 90, 92,

Worst 3 loses:
Away vs 92, Away vs 98, Away vs 113,

We have the better resume now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem I have at looking at these resumes is it uses net to value who we won and lost against.

We get credit for beating #55 penn state.

Penn state is not the 55th best team in the country.

Hard to judge for me when net is used at all

The problem I have at looking at these resumes is it uses net to value who we won and lost against.

Penn State is (now) the 49th rated team according to NET.
Maybe by season's end they will be top 30 and a Q1 win for us!!!

Penn State is (now) the 49th rated team according to NET.
Maybe by season's end they will be top 30 and a Q1 win for us!!!

When Beating a 13-17 team in a neutral site game is a quad 1 win, it means any comparison of quad wins is worthless

Penn state has provided teams with 8 quad 1 wins this year. Nice

Record-wise, Penn St is obviously nowhere close to the 55th best team in the country, but they're playing really well right now and are hitting their stride at the perfect time. No one is going to want to play them in the Big Ten tournament.

Remember that many of their Big Ten losses have come by single digits. They've been giving teams fits all year.

Record-wise, Penn St is obviously nowhere close to the 55th best team in the country, but they're playing really well right now and are hitting their stride at the perfect time. No one is going to want to play them in the Big Ten tournament.

Remember that many of their Big Ten losses have come by single digits. They've been giving teams fits all year.

So many say wins are all that matter. By that metric PSU is not a top 150 team. NET measures who they W-L too, where and how they played and puts them in the area they deserve.

Beating Penn state on the road counts the same as beating Virginia at home when comparing Quad wins.

That’s what I’m saying

So many say wins are all that matter. By that metric PSU is not a top 150 team. NET measures who they W-L too, where and how they played and puts them in the area they deserve.

Lol

I was making an argument that Penn St is much better than their record. I relatively agree where the NET has them right now.

Top Bottom