If you were able to...

Don't wear jersey's a ton. As long as the player saw some proceeds from the use of his name on the jersey ;), I'd wear the heck out of a Bateman jersey on gamedays

I don't own a single pro/college jersey and I would never wear one. As others have stated, it just seems like something for kids and hero worshiping. I am a stickler about "team gear" though and I always wear something maroon and gold when at Gopher sporting events, or something vikings-related when at a vikings game. I would never wear a jersey though. It just bugs me more than most. For me, it is the difference between backing a team and playing make-believe dress-up.

There are rare exceptions. My college age kid has a Johnny Manziel Browns jersey and he wears it to parties, keggers, etc. and he tells me it is always a great ice breaker with other sports fans. For the joke factor, I approve. But in general, I am not just not a jersey guy.

For the spirit of this thread, I agree - so many admirable players. Hard to pick just one. I'd go with either Coughlin or Bateman given not only their skill but also their very public backing of the U and its football program.

Why does it matter if someone wants to wear a jersey or not? I can't understand for the life of me why it matters to some people what other individuals want to wear... So weird.

Why does it matter if someone wants to wear a jersey or not? I can't understand for the life of me why it matters to some people what other individuals want to wear... So weird.

Some people just aren't as highly evolved and mature. I try to safely stay above it all. There is even another level of disfunction. There are actually people out there that get bent out of shape about others commenting on clothing choices. These people even want to know why it matters if someone wears a jersey. Crazy! I know.

Some people just aren't as highly evolved and mature. I try to safely stay above it all. There is even another level of disfunction. There are actually people out there that get bent out of shape about others commenting on clothing choices. These people even want to know why it matters if someone wears a jersey. Crazy! I know.

FrequentShadyHuemul-size_restricted.gif

Not a players jersey but I wouldn't mind having a jersey with class of 85.

I used have a problem with grown men and women wearing sports jerseys, but it doesn't bother me anymore. Nor does camouflage clothing outside of hunting season...or greasy snowmobile jackets. My focus of disdain has turned towards those who wear pajama bottoms in public.

Man I lover Gopherhole. The OP asks a simple harmless question. 3 pages in there have been about 5 replies to the actual question and the rest is just people bickering about whether adults should wear jerseys or not.

Not a big jersey guy myself but if I was going to get one I would lean towards the following:
All time - #7 Decker, #22 Carter, #91 Riley
Current - #13 Bateman, #45 Coughlin

Man I lover Gopherhole. The OP asks a simple harmless question. 3 pages in there have been about 5 replies to the actual question and the rest is just people bickering about whether adults should wear jerseys or not.

Not a big jersey guy myself but if I was going to get one I would lean towards the following:
All time - #7 Decker, #22 Carter, #91 Riley
Current - #13 Bateman, #45 Coughlin

That's pretty much the entire internet.

That's pretty much the entire internet.

Very true, someone needs to invent a filter for comment sections that gets rid of all the hate and BS and just leaves the handful of comments that actually pertain to the topic at hand.

It truly is amazing to see what some people will say from behind their keyboard when they know there are no real repercussions.

#13 Bateman in a vintage style jersey. 0FA6A9DA-87C6-428A-8BA7-815A81F057C3.jpg I know it’s not football but this 47 vintage jersey is bada$$

I don't wear a jersey. Have a full body tattoo. Get the number changed before every season.This year I'm going with 13. Was 18 last year so its an easier change. Saves a ton of money on getting re-inked. Geary didn't have the year I was hoping, but at least it matched the year.

I don't wear a jersey. Have a full body tattoo. Get the number changed before every season.This year I'm going with 13. Was 18 last year so its an easier change. Saves a ton of money on getting re-inked. Geary didn't have the year I was hoping, but at least it matched the year.

What about the uniform? What happens when they change that!!?!?!?!

You're absolutely right. Go right ahead and wear that A.J. Barker jersey with pride!

Top Bottom