Purdue Spring ball started last week

Darn. I was hoping they would say they were not excited about their WR class coming in June.

Darn. I was hoping they would say they were not excited about their WR class coming in June.

I’m sure everyone remembers how that turned out for the Gophers when we had 3 freshmen that coulda woulda shoulda.:cry:

Who were they anyway?? Melvin Holland jr, Fesmond Gant and Isaiah Gentry?? Not sure tho.

I’m sure everyone remembers how that turned out for the Gophers when we had 3 freshmen that coulda woulda shoulda.:cry:

Who were they anyway?? Melvin Holland jr, Fesmond Gant and Isaiah Gentry?? Not sure tho.

Were those the guys Jerry talked up around bowl game time?

I thought Holland was going to be the real deal. Boy was I wrong.

I could be wrong, but I think Gant was left out of the love a bit. IIRC, MHjr, Gentry, and Conner Krizancic were the 3 hyped the most. Gant was a raw athlete but not even sure he was recruited as a WR.

Doesn’t matter - they all had equal success here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where have you gone Hunter Register? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

yes, for once I hope to hear, "Really disappointed in how our WR recruiting turned out for us. We missed on some guys, kinda had to take what was left over. I mean, these guys were barely MAC prospects but we needed bodies. I'm glad our QB recruit is good because he's gonna have to be Drew Brees to carry these mossy logs out of 6th place in the West."

yes, for once I hope to hear, "Really disappointed in how our WR recruiting turned out for us. We missed on some guys, kinda had to take what was left over. I mean, these guys were barely MAC prospects but we needed bodies. I'm glad our QB recruit is good because he's gonna have to be Drew Brees to carry these mossy logs out of 6th place in the West."

Sounds similar to how our entire team was described prior to the 2017 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou Holtz and Hayden Fry were pretty good at ‘poor boying’ their teams before the season and big games. It used to be a strategy of coaches until salaries started escalating and the fear of someone having a bad impression mattered. They don’t blame the players if the team sucks, they blame the coach b/c he picked’em.

Top Bottom