Jim Delany will officially conclude his term as Big Ten Commissioner in June 2020

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Massive increases in TV payouts will be his legacy.

Doesn’t want to be the commish when the NCAA amateur model loses in court. That will be chaos, and existing commish at that time will have to ask BT schools a very tough question: do we want to stick together and go down to DIII model, like the Ivy League, true to our “ethics”, or do we want try to pay players?

I think he did an alright job.

The whole TV thing went better than the absolute **** show that the PAC has.

Who are the projected favorites to take over?

Can he take Maryland and Rutgers with him?

Say what you will, but he changed the landscape of the B1G and college athletics probably more than any prior conference commissioner. Literally with the expansion of footprint (added PSU, NE, Rutgers and MD), but figuratively with BTN, replay, BCS, etc.

I do wonder if there will be an internal hire or external. I could see them promoting whomever is 2nd in charge since things are generally going well (no need to "change culture"). But I wouldn't be surprised if it came from one of the smaller conferences, either.

Maybe Coyle will be a candidate... :)

Joel maturi could be brought in to increase the prominence of non revenue sports

Top Bottom