Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The Clemson coach would be like the seventh highest paid coach in the Big 10 and before making the Sweet 16, he made Pitino-money (Richard, not Rick).

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Gophers non-conference opponent North Florida is the #3 seed in the ASUN Tournament. Go Ospreys!

ASUN Quarterfinals
    #8 Kennesaw State @ #1 Lipscomb, 7 CT
    #5 NJIT @ #4 Florida Gulf Coast, 6
    #6 North Alabama (ineligible for automatic bid) @ #3 North Florida, 6
    #7 Jacksonville @ #2 Liberty, 6
    You think Liberty and Lipscomb are SOL if they don't win the conference tournament?

BTW, I saw Stetson in January against FGCU and they may have been the worst D-1 basketball team I have ever seen. I'm shocked they have won a game or two since. Maybe an injury or two had an affect, but they were really bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    You think Liberty and Lipscomb are SOL if they don't win the conference tournament?

BTW, I saw Stetson in January against FGCU and they may have been the worst D-1 basketball team I have ever seen. I'm shocked they have won a game or two since. Maybe an injury or two had an affect, but they were really bad.
    I've seen some who think Lipscomb has a chance for an at-large bid. I'm not in that camp.

Liberty has no chance.

We differ on 2.

I have St. Mary's and Toledo in.

I have Seton Hall and Indiana out.

Last 4 In: Creighton (last team in), Toledo, Minnesota, St. Mary's
    First 4 Out: UNC-Greensboro (first team out), Temple, Clemson, Seton Hall
    Next 4 out: NC State, Furman, Davidson, Dayton

I've seen some who think Lipscomb has a chance for an at-large bid. I'm not in that camp.

Liberty has no chance.
    Would agree in this. Liberty needs the auto bid. Not even close to an at-large. Lipscomb is closer, but likely needs it as well.

Blog Entries

Default Monday Bubblicious Results

Texas and TCU both lose, good news. They play each other this weekend.

I still like Texas' at-large chances at 16-14 as long as they beat the Horned Frogs on Saturday. A Longhorns win and I think TCU is in a world of hurt heading to Kansas City for Big XII Tournament. Cheer for the Longhorns in this one. ... much better resume than the Horny Toads.

The real question to me is whether a win over Purdue tonight can push us far enough away from the bubble (to the good side) that likely losses at Maryland and to Illinois in the BTT won't knock us out.

If we do manage to beat Purdue tonight, there ought to be a full on social media/news campaign to proclaim that we are "in." We should really want that to be the messaging to the committee... I realize they are not beholden to reports, but I think it does have an effect.

Per The Athletic. Games played through 3/4/2019.

Minnesota (18-11, 8-10 — NET: 56, SOS: 57): Thursday’s win at Northwestern was much needed in so far as it avoided a third defeat in three games and a seventh in eight. It also held the line for a team that now gets to take its best shot, in the Barn, against Purdue on Tuesday night. On Friday, the Gophers travel to Maryland, and it’s hard to say which win will be tougher to get — but either (or, gasp, both?) could be the deciding factor for a team very much in the last-four-in/first-four-out mix.

I still like Texas' at-large chances at 16-14 as long as they beat the Horned Frogs on Saturday. A Longhorns win and I think TCU is in a world of hurt heading to Kansas City for Big XII Tournament. Cheer for the Longhorns in this one. ... much better resume than the Horny Toads.
    Jerry Palm has Texas out of his bracket after last night. At 16-14....I'm surprised that anyone considers them safe.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Jerry Palm has Texas out of his bracket after last night. At 16-14....I'm surprised that anyone considers them safe.
    He's one of very few to have Texas out so far, but updated entries might show otherwise. TCU / Texas loser is probably toast.

If Minnesota beats Purdue we are in regardless of MD and BTT.
    If we lose both, a win in BTT might be enough.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Interesting scenario here. My gut tells me the opposite, Hodger. Texas has a much better resume than TCU, and I think a TCU win has a chance of squeezing both of them out. Because you're the pro, I'll go with your recommendation, but on paper from afar Texas looks pretty vulnerable. Beating UNC and Purdue are pretty good resume stuffers, though.

I'm hoping United Center WiFi has enough umph for me to catch some of the other conference tourney games on the phone. Despite the weak bubble (maybe because of), there are going to be some wild conference tournaments over the next twelve days.

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    He's one of very few to have Texas out so far, but updated entries might show otherwise. TCU / Texas loser is probably toast.

If Minnesota beats Purdue we are in regardless of MD and BTT.
    If we lose both, a win in BTT might be enough.
    You're confident. More so than I am. I hope you're right. I'll feel safer with two more wins before the tourney.

Blog Entries

Default Tuesday's desired results

Gopher over Boilermaker

Butler over Xavier
    George Mason over VCU
    Kentucky over Ole Miss
    Kansas over Oklahoma
    Auburn over Alabama
    Colorado State over Utah State

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGopher View Post
    The real question to me is whether a win over Purdue tonight can push us far enough away from the bubble (to the good side) that likely losses at Maryland and to Illinois in the BTT won't knock us out.

If we do manage to beat Purdue tonight, there ought to be a full on social media/news campaign to proclaim that we are "in." We should really want that to be the messaging to the committee... I realize they are not beholden to reports, but I think it does have an effect.
    On Pitino's KFAN show today, he said they'd be in with a win tonight. Not sure I'm that confident.

Gopher over Boilermaker

Butler over Xavier
    George Mason over VCU
    Kentucky over Ole Miss
    Kansas over Oklahoma
    Auburn over Alabama
    Colorado State over Utah State

Isn't Butler / Xavier basically a wash?
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"