What is your level of confidence for the Purdue game?

EG#9

Reaction score
I didn't feel like the Gophers were going to win before Michigan State lost and Purdue had the opportunity to win the conference outright. Now it seems even more unlikely that the Gophers win. I am personally dreading yet another home letdown which has been an all too common occurrence. We certainly will need Murphy to play like an All Conference performer for the first time in awhile, get the "A" version of Coffey, and probably need a nice unexpected contribution off the bench too. The bubble is so weak that they can punch their ticket against Purdue. One more win after that would probably keep the play-in game from being a possibility. I wish I could be excited about this game, but I thought they'd beat Wisconsin at home and I thought they had a good chance to beat Michigan. I couldn't have been more wrong on both accounts as both games were really poor performances from the Gophers. I know Selection Sunday has liked this Purdue match up for the Gophers and had a great call going in to the Indiana game, so hopefully I can be wrong about this game too.

Purdue is reaky of confidence right now and will try to shoot the Gophers out of the gym.

If Gophers contest shots, hope for the best, and stay in the game for the first 7-8 minutes, then I like their chances.

However, if Purdue starts throwing haymakers right away, I dont like the Gophers chances of punching back.

I continue to be hopeful, as I've been all year. I've seen a good sign in the defense which, as a trend, has become more consistent as the season has gone on. The problem has been the consistency of the offense, the wasted possessions, the careless turnovers. There's little margin for error in this game.

Bet your house on a Gopher win! I did say your house not mine...lol. I think they can, I hope they can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On any other night, I would say the Gophers lose 7-10 times. Sr. night !!! We have some pretty darn good Seniors!! Defend Cline at the 3 line , throat punch Harms, and Gabe needs to be on Edwards like a leech.

Go Gophers! Biggest game of the year for both programs. Should be a great atmosphere tomorrow!

see ya at the game.

i thought they would beat Michigan at the Barn

not making the same mistake here

Top 125 recruit in the house tonight! Senior night! Big Bubble game and last home game of the season.

Hopefully a great environment and inspired performances by Jordan and Dupree!

Impress the young man and pull out the victory Gophers! Send our all-time leading rebounder out with a highlight!

Go Gophers!

I keep saying it, i believe in this team. Defense locks down Purdue and this time we take advantage of a less than stellar Purdue defense. Gophers 76-66

i thought they would beat Michigan at the Barn

not making the same mistake here

And what was the consequences of you making that mistake on the Michigan game? Some disappointment that you would have had anyway?

Come on, where is your hope? What is the point of watching sports if you are afraid for you team to lose?

My confidence level is low, and I desperately want to be proven wrong.

If I am reading the standings correctly, the Boilers clinch a tie for the title if they win. No stinking way we want to see them celebrating on our court. It's time to put it all together. I'd put Dupree on Edwards rather than Gabe. Can't risk getting Gabe in foul trouble.

What about Amir locking down Edwards and then dominating him on the offensive end. Let's see a continuation of that NW game for our most talented player.

Purdue played on Saturday (when they absolutely throttled short-handed Ohio State), so the short turnaround time is something worth mentioning. Gophers have two extra days to prepare and rest. Really need good games from both Coffee and Murphy in this one!

I didn't feel like the Gophers were going to win before Michigan State lost and Purdue had the opportunity to win the conference outright. Now it seems even more unlikely that the Gophers win. I am personally dreading yet another home letdown which has been an all too common occurrence. We certainly will need Murphy to play like an All Conference performer for the first time in awhile, get the "A" version of Coffey, and probably need a nice unexpected contribution off the bench too. The bubble is so weak that they can punch their ticket against Purdue. One more win after that would probably keep the play-in game from being a possibility. I wish I could be excited about this game, but I thought they'd beat Wisconsin at home and I thought they had a good chance to beat Michigan. I couldn't have been more wrong on both accounts as both games were really poor performances from the Gophers. I know Selection Sunday has liked this Purdue match up for the Gophers and had a great call going in to the Indiana game, so hopefully I can be wrong about this game too.

This is a depressing take, but Gophers have served up massive amounts of frustration this season.

Purdue is an objectively better team but Gophers can and maybe should win this game with the right psyche, a great crowd, and maybe a good bounce or two.

One of the toughest road games to play in a season is an opponent's Senior Night. So much emotion, and there's nothing more that Murph, McBrayer, Stockman, Stull and Jarvis Johnson want more than to finish their home careers with a win that essentially solidifies an NCAA bid.

Carsen Edwards is the favorite for Big Ten POY, he's going to get his. Can't let Cline go off and can't let Haarms get going inside. His energy in the second half sparked Purdue at Mackey Arena when they were down 13 earlier this year.

Defend your home court, win a BTT game and let's dance.

One of the toughest road games to play in a season is an opponent's Senior Night. So much emotion, and there's nothing more that Murph, McBrayer, Stockman, Stull and Jarvis Johnson want more than to finish their home careers with a win that essentially solidifies an NCAA bid.

Carsen Edwards is the favorite for Big Ten POY, he's going to get his. Can't let Cline go off and can't let Haarms get going inside. His energy in the second half sparked Purdue at Mackey Arena when they were down 13 earlier this year.

Defend your home court, win a BTT game and let's dance.

Alas, Jarvis is not a factor in this game.

Purdue played on Saturday (when they absolutely throttled short-handed Ohio State), so the short turnaround time is something worth mentioning. Gophers have two extra days to prepare and rest. Really need good games from both Coffee and Murphy in this one!
Good point. I'll try to build on that. It's no fun going to a game already discouraged.

I feel lucky if we wear gold. Depressed if we wear white.

35% shot.

Right there with ya. I don't expect a win, but they played with them for awhile at Mackey and this is a game they NEED to win. Plus we are at home on senior night. That said, Purdue is fighting for a Big Ten championship.

I don't think we have much of a chance, but I'll still be there cheering them on, and hoping for the best. We beat a very good Maryland team with a very bad Minnesota team a couple years ago. This would be less of an upset than that. Stranger things have happened.

We've pooped away enough winnable games that we've left ourselves with a very steep road. I haven't looked at the permutations, but even if we go 1-1 in these last two games (where we'll be underdogs in both), can we even get out of the 8-9 matchup against Illinois... played in the state of Illinois? Yikes. Let's put it this way: from this point forward, if they do win enough of their remaining games to get into the Tourney, they will have earned the bid.

We've pooped away enough winnable games that we've left ourselves with a very steep road. I haven't looked at the permutations, but even if we go 1-1 in these last two games (where we'll be underdogs in both), can we even get out of the 8-9 matchup against Illinois... played in the state of Illinois? Yikes. Let's put it this way: from this point forward, if they do win enough of their remaining games to get into the Tourney, they will have earned the bid.

I think we are pretty much stuck with Illinois in an 8-9 game. If we somehow win both games this week I think we can pass OSU...but that's not happening.

I think we are pretty much stuck with Illinois in an 8-9 game.

This situation is so much less doable than when I exclaimed a few games ago that this was so doable.

Haarms made the biggest difference for Purdue in the first game. Hopefully, they can be more physical with him (without fouling, of course) to negate some of his height in this game. When I watch the Gophers' games, it seems like opposing big men consistently post-up much closer to the basket than do the Gopher bigs. That would be a recipe for disaster against Haarms and Williams. I have no expectations for this game, but I am looking forward to watching it!

Psh, I'd say we win this one time game 1 out of five. Purdue also has a lot to play for, they are better coached and have better players.
I really, really hope this game is that one game out of five. Certainly we can play with Purdue.

Slim and none and Slim just rode out of town.

That's more or less how I feel (although I think Slim is still on the premises). Purdue may not be the most talented team in the conference, but I think are the most balanced, best coached, and best executing team in the conference.

Top Bottom