Blake Cashman runs 4.52 at Combine!

Makes sense. He was one of those guys who just always seemed to be in on every play even if he started on the other side of the field.

Exactly, which is why I don’t understand why speed and athleticism was ever a question. There’s plenty on tape to prove he’s fast and quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am guessing he worked his ass off in the weight room to go from walk on to NFL prospect.

Exactly, which is why I don’t understand why speed and athleticism was ever a question. There’s plenty on tape to prove he’s fast and quick.

I swear I saw one play I saw him shifting to the far side of the field ... the play was a quick screen pass to the other end. The WR got maybe 3 or 4 yards... everyone got up and Cashman had the tackle and was at the bottom of the pile....

Cashman must have drifted back to the other side or something, but that just felt like a Cashman kinda play. He's just there.

Sometimes.

Against Maryland and Illinois he looked real slow. But that may not have been all his fault.

I went to the Maryland game. The one running back had blazing speed. I also think Cashman may have over pursued/ ran himself out of a few plays.

My theory is that Robb Smith paralyzed his players with over complicated schemes, rules, adjustments.

“Paralysis by analysis” they call it. Keep it simple, play fast. That mightve been the thing that Rossi did differently. We can only speculate.

My theory is that Robb Smith paralyzed his players with over complicated schemes, rules, adjustments.

“Paralysis by analysis” they call it. Keep it simple, play fast. That mightve been the thing that Rossi did differently. We can only speculate.

That was my thinking as well.

I swear I saw one play I saw him shifting to the far side of the field ... the play was a quick screen pass to the other end. The WR got maybe 3 or 4 yards... everyone got up and Cashman had the tackle and was at the bottom of the pile....

Cashman must have drifted back to the other side or something, but that just felt like a Cashman kinda play. He's just there.

Maybe the play you’re referring to is in this 1:55 highlight video. If not, there are other plays in there that fit that description.

https://youtu.be/TAboiSO4Cuw

i have it on good authority that this was indeed the case.

If Cashman was this type of athlete and also can play why didn't he have a scholarship way earlier? Defensive Adam Thielen?

We can all wonder why nobody offered him a scholarship out of high school. But I believe he was awarded a scholarship as soon was allowed for a walkon. The rules changed in the past year or two to allow it to happen sooner.

I saw on here yesterday that he had run a very strong 40, but when I checked the results today, he really lit it up. Great competitor. I think he probably got himself drafted with this weekend's work.

I saw on here yesterday that he had run a very strong 40, but when I checked the results today, he really lit it up. Great competitor. I think he probably got himself drafted with this weekend's work.

He did more than just that. Will probably be at least a mid round guy now if not better. One scout thinks he's a top 3 LB and top 30 overall prospect.

CBS also had him as a top 100 prospect before the combine. He was always going to get drafted.

He did more than just that. Will probably be at least a mid round guy now if not better. One scout thinks he's a top 3 LB and top 30 overall prospect.

CBS also had him as a top 100 prospect before the combine. He was always going to get drafted.

I guess my point is that without this weekend's performance, him getting drafted looked a little iffy. Could be a second day guy.

His forty time makes a lot of sense as his closing speed in getting to the QB in blitz situations was always impressive (remember that Holiday bowl sack?).

It’s safe to say the secret is out and he’s blowing up at this point. It is interesting how so many seemed to doubt his speed/athleticism despite plentiful and weekly visual evidence of good burst and speed on special teams and chasing down RBs, QBs, WRs sideline to sideline.

More love from this guy (although he thought he would test poorly)

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/3/4/...hleticism-be-starter-quality-for-the-redskins

Minnesota LB Blake Cashman met with 26 teams at the NFL Scouting Combine, according to Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom.
Cashman arrived in Indy as a hyper-productive (104 tackles and 15 TFL last year) linebacker who was built squat and had some athleticism concerns. He emphatically myth-busted the latter hypothesis, posting a 91.6-percentile SPARQ score with a 4.50 40-yard dash (No. 4 among LBs), a 4.12 20-yard shuttle (No. 4), a 10’4 broad (tied-No. 3), a 37.5-inch vertical (tied-No. 5) and a 6.95 three-cone (No. 7). That showing immediately sent evaluators scurrying back to his tape, which shows a relentless pursuer who makes tackles all over the field. Inside the Pylon math guru Kent Lee Platte passed along that Cashman tested as a top-five LB in terms of size-adjusted explosion. The 6-foot-1, 237-pound Cashman may well have punched a ticket into Day 2 this weekend. And with the NFL gravitating more and more to hyper-athletic sideline-to-sideline linebackers and less and less to big thumpers, Cashman is in a better position to be rewarded in the draft process than he would have been two decades ago.

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/49882/blake-cashman

His forty time makes a lot of sense as his closing speed in getting to the QB in blitz situations was always impressive (remember that Holiday bowl sack?).

Yep, ever since that game I've always thought of him as very fast for an LB.

What was dissappointing for me was in Fleck's first year, he didn't really play Cashman much. I'm sure it had to do with him not knowing what he really had. All of us fans who saw the last part of his Sophomore season saw how good he was, especially when he lit up the Washington State game. Then the next year, Fleck didn't play him as much as he should have. I'm pretty sure that's why Cashman's name wasn't really out there as this is really his first full season as a Starter.

What was dissappointing for me was in Fleck's first year, he didn't really play Cashman much. I'm sure it had to do with him not knowing what he really had. All of us fans who saw the last part of his Sophomore season saw how good he was, especially when he lit up the Washington State game. Then the next year, Fleck didn't play him as much as he should have. I'm pretty sure that's why Cashman's name wasn't really out there as this is really his first full season as a Starter.

Yeah, I know. Only played in all the games and was 9th in tackles. Fleck never played him.

Yeah, I know. Only played in all the games and was 9th in tackles. Fleck never played him.

I don't think he ever said Fleck never played him. Cashman had 45 tackles his sophomore year and 104 his senior year. He only had 30 tackles his junior year, which was Fleck's first year. I don't necessarily blame it on Fleck, it could have been one of Robb Smith's many bad decisions. Judging by those numbers though, Cashman should have been playing more his junior year, if nothing else instead of a one-armed Jonathan Celestin (after he got injured).

Really not much of a question that Cashman should have played more in 2017. Was a glaring mistake, given what he did in the bowl game vs Washington St.

The more I watch that Cashman highlight video, the more I get a bit nervous about our defense this coming year.

Yep, that's the play that made me go WTF?! regarding Blake. It just blew me away how fast he was. It was like everyone else was running at regular speed and he was in hyperdrive. He just came out of nowhere and blew up that play.

Some guy on the radio said he could be in the Top 100 picks because the LB class is light this year.

Top Bottom