Blake Cashman runs 4.52 at Combine!

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Well done, Blake! Draft stock rising fast. Better time than most RB/WR's

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's impressive. I'd love to see Cashman succeed.

Validated it with a 4.51 pin the second attempt.

Good to see. Great instincts on the field and these dash times certainly make him look draftable.

Hope he don’t become a packer. I could never cheer for him then.

Cash man has already had a better nfl career than I anticipated.
He will be drafted higher and get more run than I anticipated just based on measurables.

I still don’t think he is quick enough to be an every down linebacker and I don’t think he is big enough to be an every down pass rusher.
In the right scheme he could get a lot of run.

He is faster than I thought though. So he might be quicker than I think too.

He seemed to be one of the quicker/faster defensive players so not surprised at all. He has good size, good instincts. This will make people take a closer look.

Good for Blake. I personally thought he was all over the field when he played the last few seasons, not surprised he ran well. I bet he tests as good for the quickness tests as I always thought of him quicker than fast, well he's proven he's fast...so i bet he'll be plenty quick. 3rd round pick? Pretty dang productive and he's showing good athleticism at the combine. Congrats Blake!

Damn. 4th fastest among all linebacks....at least so far? And two of those guys above are almost definitely first round picks.

He seemed to be one of the quicker/faster defensive players so not surprised at all. He has good size, good instincts. This will make people take a closer look.

Sometimes.

Against Maryland and Illinois he looked real slow. But that may not have been all his fault.

Sometimes.

Against Maryland and Illinois he looked real slow. But that may not have been all his fault.

So two out of 13 games is sometimes? He's always displayed great instincts and quickness.

Sometimes.

You can’t focus only on the negatives and ignore the positives, unless they are deal breakers. Every player has some bad plays/games. He was an impact playmaker for this defense when he was healthy.

You can’t focus only on the negatives and ignore the positives, unless they are deal breakers. Every player has some bad plays/games. He was an impact playmaker for this defense when he was healthy.

Agreed.

Really smart player.
He is best imo when rushing the passer. Not big enough to do that against nfl offenses every down.

He is worst when trying to tackle fast running backs and receivers in space. Game plan had him trying to do that against Maryland and Illinois. It went poorly. But at his size that might be the role he has to play in the nfl and it is what he is worst at.
I could be wrong

Agreed.

Really smart player.
He is best imo when rushing the passer. Not big enough to do that against nfl offenses every down.

He is worst when trying to tackle fast running backs and receivers in space. Game plan had him trying to do that against Maryland and Illinois. It went poorly. But at his size that might be the role he has to play in the nfl and it is what he is worst at.
I could be wrong

Cashman is one of the better open field tacklers I’ve seen for the Gophers. I’m not sure what you saw.

He slayed all of his drills today. They’re all on Twitter.

37.5 vertical? Wow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the very least, he can be a special teams stand-out and a situational guy on defense. with the right team and right scheme, I think he could be a starter.

The remaining hurdle will be the medicals. he's had a lot of problems with his shoulder. if that tests OK, he should get drafted by someone.

Top Bottom