Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 221
  1. #181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    So that leaves....~7 million people who could be working not actually working. With a potential workforce of what, ~250M, is that a large fraction of the working population, to you?
    15 million not really disabled. Not sure on what % if “taking care of loved one” are legit. Training or education probably a bit too high also. So I’d say safely well over 20 million. Imagine what 20 million people could produce?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    Serious question: Why do we pay any federal taxes at all? Couldn't we gain another percentage or two or so of growth - and increase revenue and pay off our debt as well - if we simply decreased all federal tax rates to zero%?
    A lot more than a few percent! Imagine if the entire federal bureaucracy were eliminated. 10% growth?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #183

    Default Trump Has Been Really Good for the Economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    15 million not really disabled. Not sure on what % if “taking care of loved one” are legit. Training or education probably a bit too high also. So I’d say safely well over 20 million. Imagine what 20 million people could produce?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imagine what kind of things you could prove if you could just make statistics up to support your argument!
    Last edited by GopherJake; 05-04-2019 at 08:14 PM.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,952
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I can't wait for a census.

    I work with a number of people who are seriously mentally disabled and their families are really the only people they can trust to take care of them. And, at work in the clinic, I see many mentally disabled where they can barely function with their medicines, and their families have to take care of them. It is amazing how many people are disabled and you don't see on a regular basis because of the massive difficulty of getting them out of the house.

    Then, on top of that, you get the physically handicapped, many with mental disabilities as well. Now, that is a 100% care all the time group.

    I think 25 million Americans in these categories is very realistic.
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

  5. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    15 million not really disabled. Not sure on what % if “taking care of loved one” are legit. Training or education probably a bit too high also. So I’d say safely well over 20 million. Imagine what 20 million people could produce?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a whole lot of hamberders for Donald to eat.

  6. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    A lot more than a few percent! Imagine if the entire federal bureaucracy were eliminated. 10% growth?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol. In Dreamworld, I suppose.

    I notice Beeg has not yet replied.
    Last edited by cncmin; 05-05-2019 at 02:21 PM.

  7. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean S View Post
    I can't wait for a census.

    I work with a number of people who are seriously mentally disabled and their families are really the only people they can trust to take care of them. And, at work in the clinic, I see many mentally disabled where they can barely function with their medicines, and their families have to take care of them. It is amazing how many people are disabled and you don't see on a regular basis because of the massive difficulty of getting them out of the house.

    Then, on top of that, you get the physically handicapped, many with mental disabilities as well. Now, that is a 100% care all the time group.

    I think 25 million Americans in these categories is very realistic.
    Go beyond that - how many people are listed as "disabled" while they are undergoing treatment for cancer or other major surgeries and treatments; how many people have ALS, how many have disabling MS or Parkinsons; how many are missing limbs, have bad hearts or other organs, have been injured in car wrecks, etc.? I agree that 15+ million disabled is realistic.

    There are some who abuse the system. That will always be the case. The vast majority of those disabled are actually disabled.
    Last edited by cncmin; 05-05-2019 at 02:38 PM.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    33,491
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    25% tariffs coming Friday. Apparently decided by POTUS this morning on the golden throne. MAGA!

  9. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    25% tariffs coming Friday. Apparently decided by POTUS this morning on the golden throne. MAGA!
    FYI - Chuck Schumer is backing him up on this. Oops!

  10. #190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    25% tariffs coming Friday. Apparently decided by POTUS this morning on the golden throne. MAGA!
    A few days ago Cruze posted a criticism of Trump that he was going soft on China on cyber issues. You joined in the criticism. What exactly do you want? Do you want to get tough on them or let them do what they want, as Obama did?

  11. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    lol. In Dreamworld, I suppose.

    I notice Beeg has not yet replied.
    Long run sustainable growth is likely around 5%, short term if we unshackled the economy? 10% is conservative. Look at China's growth when they unshackled.

  12. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    lol. In Dreamworld, I suppose.

    I notice Beeg has not yet replied.
    I agree with S2. There you have my reply.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    33,491
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    FYI - Chuck Schumer is backing him up on this. Oops!
    And? Can you cite me praising Schumer even once? What's your point?

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    33,491
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    A few days ago Cruze posted a criticism of Trump that he was going soft on China on cyber issues. You joined in the criticism. What exactly do you want? Do you want to get tough on them or let them do what they want, as Obama did?
    I am not in favor of Tarriffs and trade wars, never have been. But disjointed seat of your pants negotiating by Twitter is not helpful no matter which direction you're going.

    He should take the best deal he can get, declare victory and let you, 2 and KGF swoon over his genius and shower him with praise.

  15. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    I am not in favor of Tarriffs and trade wars, never have been. But disjointed seat of your pants negotiating by Twitter is not helpful no matter which direction you're going.

    He should take the best deal he can get, declare victory and let you, 2 and KGF swoon over his genius and shower him with praise.
    You are funny even when you’re not trying to be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •