2019 MN United In-Season thread

Hopefully we don't F up so many easy chances and we get to hear baby shark again.

Just kidding

lol

I guess if ever there was a time for a disappointing home draw, this was it. Every other team close in the standings either drew or lost.

Still, things seem to have stagnated a bit. Hopeful things turn around with some new blood (Chacon, Moimbe) and the guys can refocus for a playoff run.

Looks like the St. John vs. St. Thomas game is scheduled to happen at Allianze on the Oct 19th, which is the same day MLS playoffs start. If everything holds, we'll be hosting our first playoff game on either the 19th or 20th. The turf at Allianze is going to get ripped by a football game. Not a good situation for a soccer game the next day...

Looks like the St. John vs. St. Thomas game is scheduled to happen at Allianze on the Oct 19th, which is the same day MLS playoffs start. If everything holds, we'll be hosting our first playoff game on either the 19th or 20th. The turf at Allianze is going to get ripped by a football game. Not a good situation for a soccer game the next day...

Such a crap situation. I feel like the team should force the football game to the 20th and play the playoff game on the 19th.

lol

I guess if ever there was a time for a disappointing home draw, this was it. Every other team close in the standings either drew or lost.

Still, things seem to have stagnated a bit. Hopeful things turn around with some new blood (Chacon, Moimbe) and the guys can refocus for a playoff run.

yep we got lucky to stay in 2nd place but missed a huge opportunity to increase our lead over other play off teams. I can't believe non of those chances went in during the first half. And is there any news on Rodriguez? Toye is going to have to step up in a big way now and even though danladi got that goal I don't want him playing.

Such a crap situation. I feel like the team should force the football game to the 20th and play the playoff game on the 19th.

They will either have to move the football game to another day (the 20th) or ask them to play it some place else (TCF). Whoever let them schedule the game for that day should be fired.

Big one in Atlanta tonight! I'm not holding my breath but stranger things have happened and hopeful we come out fired up to win the cup!

I don't like how we've played the last few games so my emotions aren't as high.

Game is only available to stream through ESPN+? I'm surprised that they couldn't even manage to get it on ESPN2.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wait....so the game isn't even stream-able through ESPN GO or the App? You have to pay for an extra service just to see the game? It's pretty sad that an MLS game of significance like this will be seen by barely nobody because ESPN is tucking it away not only on a stream only basis....but on one that you have to pay extra for. Isn't that why I pay out the a$$ for a cable package that includes every sports channel under the sun?

Wow. Atlanta was clearly dominating MN through the first half....even though both of their goals should have been defended better and probably shouldn't have been goals at all. But the (MN) United score a little over a minute into the second half to cut the lead in half.

2-1 Atlanta

That one hurt. So many chances late and couldn't get one to go.

That one hurt. So many chances late and couldn't get one to go.

AFter the red card we had 3-4 really good chances and only got 1 of them (ike's) on net. Unacceptable. This team hasn't come as far as it was looking like. Worse yet we have dropped to 5th in the standings, are 2 points ahead of the playoff line and have one of if not the hardest schedule left.

WOW. What a win tonight for the United. Goes into LAFC place and won 2-0. wow.

WOW. What a win tonight for the United. Goes into LAFC place and won 2-0. wow.

Incredible. I'll admit I fully expected a loss tonight, but they proved me wrong. Big win for playoff chances.

I never come here and post when I’m not at work but that win last night was just too amazing not to. What a great team effort and Toye burying those two chances was phenomenal. We just did what no other team in the league has been able to do against a historically great team. Not only that but our play off chances were dwindling and that win really helps them. It was huge! And now the team knows they can beat any team even on the road if they play their game which will also be huge for playoffs. I know I know Vela didn’t play...

Toye with his call up to the national team could be going places! Maybe they can teach him a little stand up game to round out his skills.

That was a stupid game last night and I don't understand why our goal was called back.

Will need to win some big games down the stretch.

Road points are road points! Win on wednesday and secure a home play off game? Let's go!

Glad to get another point.

Dull game but got a step closer.

Goal in the 89th minute in order to give the United a 2-1 lead over KC, the victory, and their first playoff birth!

Woohoo!

Congratulations Loons!

Fun finish

We played like crap for most the game but figured out a way to win and secure a play off spot! That was a huge win! Now lets win on sunday and secure a home play off spot!

Wow that ref really let the game get out of hand, what an idiot.

I'm getting pumped for the home play off game. Just a few days away now!

Sad loss.
Even worse that we played the game on a football field.

Heath butchered the lineup in the open cup final and he butchered it again tonight. Sadly he’ll be back.

quick math - I count 20 games this year in MLS where the Loons scored 1 or 0 goals.

This season, there was a lot of improvement on defense.

to be a contender, they have to find a way to score more goals. To my uneducated eye, it seems like the Loons have a lot of give-aways and unforced errors when trying to work the ball into scoring position.

either they have to find a way to get more scoring from the current roster, or more player movement will have to take place.

Top Bottom