Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default 2019 MN United In-Season thread

Season officially starts tomorrow on the road at Vancouver. Game is at 5pm. Our defense has been our weak point the last 2 years and in the off season they made major moves to improve the defense. They went out and paid for a defender of the year, got a DP who is a defensive midfielder, got a new RB and got a goalie from the premier league. I think I'm missing one other piece to the defense.. Anyway I'm excited to see what Darwin can do in a full season! AND I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR THE NEW STADIUM!

Go Loons!
    Who hates iowa?

LOONS WIN! Metanire was a damn boss tonight. First road win against a Western conference opponent...ever.

Feels damn good. COYL!

Another road win! Loons now 2-0 on the year with a solid win over a bad San Jose team. Real test at LA next weekend!

Hopefully Zlatan is out again.

Don't look now but the Loons are tied for 1st in the west in points and have the 2nd best goal differential in the whole league and they have played 2 road games! We only won 1 road game all of last year and now we have 2 to start the season, that is amazing!

The additions to the defense and midfield have been mind bogglingly good. I still hate Schuller, I hope Finlay or Molino can take over that spot soon. And I think I've seen enough of the "other" ibarra up front. If Rodriguez can't play that spot they need to go out and find a true forward and this team would be unstoppable.
    Who hates iowa?

Road Points:

2018 - 5 in 17 games
    2019 - 6 in 2 games
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    Road Points:

2018 - 5 in 17 games
    2019 - 6 in 2 games
    Love it. And frankly I think they might have a decent chance at 1 or 3 more before the home opener in mid-April with a trip to New England - who look not awesome so far - and a potentially Zlatan-less LA Galaxy this weekend. If they roll into the NYCFC game with nine points out of five road games, they have to be looking at seriously contending for a playoff spot. They really rack up the home games between April and August, with 14 home games out of 21 matches so headway can be made before the stretch run in September.

They got straight owned by the galaxy. Hopefully they can squeeze out another win or at least some draws to get some more points on this road stretch. Like 07 said, we have A LOT of home games coming up.

Anybody going on Sunday to check out the new stadium? I think we might stop by.
    Who hates iowa?

Season ticket holders got to get into the stadium sunday to check out their seats. I think the team was using it as a soft opening to test things out. The turn out was fantastic as the place was packed! Looks like the food and beer options are going to be good and our seats were phenomenal, especially after watching soccer in a football stadium the last 2 years. We can see corner to corner and I feel like we are legit right on top of the field. I'm pumped for the first game!
    Who hates iowa?

If you would have told me the Loons would come home with 9 points after starting the season on the road for 5 straight games I would have never believed you. And they got their last win without Darwin or Ibarra!

This saturday is going to be awesome!
    Who hates iowa?

Can't wait. Even if it's going to be 40 degrees with six inches of snow on the ground, it's going to feel so good to have the Loons in their new, packed, loud stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher07 View Post
    Can't wait. Even if it's going to be 40 degrees with six inches of snow on the ground, it's going to feel so good to have the Loons in their new, packed, loud stadium.
    I almost wish the snow storm would come 2 days later so we have a blizzard game..
    Who hates iowa?

Hell of a time at the opening game yesterday.

The good:

The stadium is gorgeous. The sight lines are incredible. The sound is exceptional. Watching a game there is a real treat. Public transit was surprisingly efficient getting in and out. The food and beer was delicious.

The not-so-good:

The bathroom situation was rough to say the least. The concourses need to be about five feet wider to accommodate traffic better. Pinch points at the corners made for a crush of people trying to get in and out. The food and beer was obnoxiously overpriced. $14 for a BBQ sandwich and $13 for a tap Surly? Come on. Guess I'll be hitting up Venn in South Minneapolis or Tiffany's in Highland Park pregame from now on and just drink water at the stadium.

I can't wait to get back, and especially for the first home win.

Gopher agree with a lot of what you said. Stadium was amazing. Sight lines phenomenal.

Food and beer was what I expected based on what it costs at other stadiums and I was really happy with the selection of both. Will take a lot of games to decide on favorite food items as there are so many to choose from. I liked the airport style "convenience stores" as options to grab drinks/snacks too.

Getting into the stadium was quick and easy, but we did get there pretty early.

Seriously just once can they build a stadium with enough bathrooms and wide enough concourse? The guys line was out the door for 45 minutes straight. I tried to go before half and 15 mins into the 2nd half and both times the line was so long. I just waited and missed some of the game in the 2nd half which sucks. When you finaly got in there was like 15 urinals WTF??????????? I"ll have to cut down on the beer drinking which is just their loss but I'm not going to continually miss parts of the game due to their poor planning.

Why was our defense so bad this game after starting the season so well.
    Who hates iowa?

I used the restroom facilities 3 or 4 times yesterday and I never waited to use the urinal for more than 2 or 3 minutes each time. As always the key is to go when most other people are watching the game. The low amount of scoring in soccer makes the sport ideally suited for this activity. The concourses were very crowded in front of the Brew Hall and at the four corners but everywhere else I thought they were manageable. And the concourses are far better than at the Vikings stadium. I love everything about Allianz stadium including my seats and the fact it is possible to get to and from the stadium from all four directions of the compass. You can easily get there by walking, biking, driving, city bus, shuttle bus, train, or any combination of them. The critics complaining about the lack of parking were dead wrong. It is a non-issue.
    Last edited by Cruze; 04-15-2019 at 12:35 PM.