White jersey curse

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
We won last night. And while NW is horrible, they did in their GOLD jerseys.

I have no idea if we have a good or bad record since the white jerseys were introduced with Monson, but what I do know is the best we've done since we started wearing them is making the round of 32 one time in 19 seasons.

The white has to go. Back to maroon and gold only.

Who's with me?

I have no idea if we have a good or bad record since the white jerseys were introduced with Monson, but what I do know is the best we've done since we started wearing them is making the round of 32 one time in 19 seasons.

Who's with me?

I am. I hate those white jerseys. Maroon and Gold do not include white.

I'm totally in on the gold unis, they're gorgeous and the color is made for basketball. The football team looks like giant bananas when they wear too much gold, but the hoops team looks perfect. I wish Coyle/Pitino would $hitcan the whites.

Here, here. White Uni's are terrible.

Did we seriously never wear white before Monson? I have no problem with them, pretty much every team wears white, which is why it would shock me if we literally didn’t wear white for decades.

Did we seriously never wear white before Monson? I have no problem with them, pretty much every team wears white, which is why it would shock me if we literally didn’t wear white for decades.

A lot of the guys in the rafters have white jerseys, including Lou Hudson.

Gophers look best in Maroon and Gold!

Aren't our traditional home uniforms Gold? That's what we had back in the Dutcher era. Gold at home allows you to wear them on the road a lot too.

In any case, we should only have three uniform options for Basketball:

1. Gold
2. Maroon
3. Black - don't know if we have ever done this but it would be fun to see.

Aren't our traditional home uniforms Gold? That's what we had back in the Dutcher era. Gold at home allows you to wear them on the road a lot too.

1. Gold
2. Maroon

I believe they wore black for a game in Vancouver.

1. Gold
2. Maroon

Wore black in Clem era, at least once, I think playing at Target Center vs WV.

Saw some pictures of Dre Hollins in a black uniform with Mbawkwe too.

I'd like to see some throwbacks to the Mychal Thompson days!

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/20...-basketball-big-ten-uniforms-rankings-2017-18

This guy graded all the B1G basketball uniforms. Gophers got a C-.

This guy gives Indiana’s stale, bland jerseys and minstrel show pants an “A”. This guy grades Nortwestern puke purple an “A”. This guy does not have Good credibility assessing Gold. :mad:

Maroon and Gold all the way. Didn't we play a game in the beloved anthracite jerseys ?

Editor’s Note: Whichever uniforms the badgers put on, the players mostly wear white.

I wonder if fans other schools without white in their official colors complain about white jerseys as much as ours

I don't like the white uniforms. Especially with our new white floor.

White floor, white unis: the Ghostly Gophers.

Who's with me?

100% agree.

Gopher basketball has no business in anything but maroon or gold.

Top Bottom