Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Bubble Watch Teams - NET / RPI

Some analysis on NET and RPI for current bubble teams fighting for 9 spots.

Team W L NET RPI
    Minnesota 18-11 60 52

Teams with better NET AND RPI than us right now.
    From major conferences:

Team W L NET RPI
    Florida 17-11 30 49
    Alabama 17-11 48 42

From Mid-Major / Minor
    Team W L NET RPI
    UCF 21-6 31 29
    Utah State 22-6 34 38
    Saint Mary's College 19-10 39 43
    Temple 20-8 57 31

Two Teams on the bubble have worse NET and RPI rankings:

Team W L NET RPI
    Seton Hall 16-11 65 57
    Davidson 19-8 76 53

Teams with a better NET, but worse RPI:
    Team W L NET RPI
    North Carolina State 20-8 32 89
    Clemson 17-11 41 55
    Butler 15-13 54 75

One Team has a better RPI, but worse NET:
    Team W L NET RPI
    Arizona State 19-8 63 48
    Last edited by Face The Facts; 02-28-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Our Ken Pom is up to 47. That should help pull our NET up 2 spots to 58 or so.

Another way to look at it, pick 9, send 4 home. (Sorted as currently ranked on Bracketmatrix).

Dancing

Florida 17-11 30 49
    Arizona State 19-8 63 48
    UCF 21-6 31 29
    Temple 20-8 57 31

Minnesota 18-11 60 52
    Seton Hall 16-11 65 57
    Alabama 17-11 48 42
    Utah State 22-6 34 38

Currently Out
    Clemson 17-11 41 55
    Butler 15-13 54 75
    Davidson 19-8 76 53

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Another way to look at it, pick 9, send 4 home. (Sorted as currently ranked on Bracketmatrix).

Dancing

Florida 17-11 30 49
    Arizona State 19-8 63 48
    UCF 21-6 31 29
    Temple 20-8 57 31

Minnesota 18-11 60 52
    Seton Hall 16-11 65 57
    Alabama 17-11 48 42
    Utah State 22-6 34 38

Currently Out
    Clemson 17-11 41 55
    Butler 15-13 54 75
    Davidson 19-8 76 53
    I appreciate you putting this together but how do you know the universe of possibilities is limited to the teams you list?

What if there are upsets in conference tournaments where teams with high computer rankings lose the tournament? Is it not possible they could take the automatic qualifier and the team with the high ranking? Is it not possible that both Murray State (with a projected top 3 or 4 draft pick) and Belmont could make the tournament over a mediocre Seton Hall or Minnesota?

Blog Entries

Can someone find the thread where we predicted how many wins we would get in the big ten. I cant seem to find it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

After the game Lunardi said the gophers went from last team in to moving up five spots. I’d think winning one of the remaining two games should be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    Can someone find the thread where we predicted how many wins we would get in the big ten. I cant seem to find it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I was planning to bump that poll once we got to the end of the season but here you go.....
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golfing18now View Post
    I was planning to bump that poll once we got to the end of the season.
    I'd love to see how many people predicted 8-9 wins this year. I believe the majority picked them to win 8 or less Big10 games.

if you told me we would be at 18-20 wins this year, I would have ok with it. that would be an improvement from last years derailment

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    I'd love to see how many people predicted 8-9 wins this year. I believe the majority picked them to win 8 or less Big10 games.

if you told me we would be at 18-20 wins this year, I would have ok with it. that would be an improvement from last years derailment
    9 or 10 was the most frequent answer. Truthfully, this team landed pretty close to expectation when I started the poll in early January.

9 or 10 was the most frequent answer. Truthfully, this team landed pretty close to expectation when I started the poll in early January.
    I think we are landing somewhere near my expectation, I thought we were a tourney team, but didnt expect much more. My objection is less about us doing worse than I expected in October. My problem is that, based on the last five years, my expectations for this year were so low in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    I think we are landing somewhere near my expectation, I thought we were a tourney team, but didnt expect much more. My objection is less about us doing worse than I expected in October. My problem is that, based on the last five years, my expectations for this year were so low in the first place.
    That's a fair concern. I can't argue with you on that one.

I voted for 8 regular season conference wins in total in that poll after the Illinois game (that meant 5 more wins at that time). The team is right there now. I feel I have at least a 50/50 chance of guessing right given the quality of the remaining two opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    I appreciate you putting this together but how do you know the universe of possibilities is limited to the teams you list?

What if there are upsets in conference tournaments where teams with high computer rankings lose the tournament? Is it not possible they could take the automatic qualifier and the team with the high ranking? Is it not possible that both Murray State (with a projected top 3 or 4 draft pick) and Belmont could make the tournament over a mediocre Seton Hall or Minnesota?
    This is just a snapshot right now.
    I just wanted to show the disparities of record, NET and RPI among those teams that are currently on the bubble.

I'll pull this list a few more times in the coming weeks.

Gophers currently now 55 in NET.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherOhana View Post
    I’d think winning one of the remaining two games should be good enough.
    If the Gophers beat Purdue, then lose to Maryland and lose the first game of the B1G tourney are we still in?