Gophers receive a commitment from Illinois DL C.J. West

I'm always afraid to look at these past commitments. Admittedly I do get concerned but must trust Fleck.

Too early for me to worry too much about recruiting classes.

We have a season of football before these guys sign anywhere.

Too early for me to worry too much about recruiting classes.

We have a season of football before these guys sign anywhere.

Always a little disappointing to see guys decommit but if it is going to happen would much rather have it now then closer to signing day. Unless a kid is viewed as a can't miss superstar level of recruit there really is no reason to get too worked up about any commits or decommits at this point anyway because the reality is we have no clue what kind of college players any of these guys are going to end up being.

Can't find any info on it and not sure if anyone posted it or not.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
This is what happens when you respect their decision.

I trust Coach Fleck will replace him with a higher upside player.

Oh my, wait until Charlie Coyle hears. He can't trumpet top 25 classes anymore...

Can we not make unfunny puns about our AD’s name and talk about what’s going on instead? Two defensive line decommits in a week makes me nervous.

The timing is weird: there are no summer camps or new tape from a player’s season that just got released so it smells like something between the player and coaching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We obviously have better guys waiting to commit. This stuff never hurts us, not the last couple of years anyway.

Can we not make unfunny puns about our AD’s name and talk about what’s going on instead? Two defensive line decommits in a week makes me nervous.

The timing is weird: there are no summer camps or new tape from a player’s season that just got released so it smells like something between the player and coaching staff.

Any talk would be pure speculation.
And I agree, let's drop the unfunny puns and stick with only funny puns.

"I would like to thank the coaching staff at the University of Minnesota for making my Minnesota experience awesome."

It was one hell of an experience.

Another one jumps the boat. And another one gone, another one gone, another one jumps the boat!

per Megan:

Another recruit has decommitted from the Gophers, making three in the past month.

Three-star defensive tackle C.J. West from La Grange Park, Ill., announced his verbal commitment on Twitter at the end of February. But the 6-2, 305-pound 2020 class member out of Nazareth Academy shared his intent to re-open his recruiting Tuesday.

http://www.startribune.com/c-j-west...commit-from-the-gophers-this-month/510236732/

Go Gophers!!

A lot of coaches have been visiting Nazareth recently that are likely interested. I think CJ is realizing he could have some nice options to explore if he opens up recruitment again.

A lot of coaches have been visiting Nazareth recently that are likely interested. I think CJ is realizing he could have some nice options to explore if he opens up recruitment again.

Thanks. Was hoping that wasn’t the case - I’d like for us to be better able to hold onto talent. A breakthrough season could do wonders....

Thanks. Was hoping that wasn’t the case - I’d like for us to be better able to hold onto talent. A breakthrough season could do wonders....

Yes, a big 2019 is needed.

Doesn't sound like we were his first choice as to what he really wanted to do. Was only coming here due to the lack of offers earlier.

Top Bottom