Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Well...there's the game of life...
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Default Those who said bowl games don't matter...

Quote Originally Posted by scools12 View Post
    That may be the case for you but I doubt itís the case for the majority.

2014 Gophers went 8-4 amd played in a NYD bowl game where they were throttled by Missouri. Were people less optimistic going into 2015 coming off the Citrus Bowl loss? For the majority the bowl game outcome didnít change their optimism going into 2015. If the Gophers wouldíve loss the game against GA Tech the majority would not be any less optimistic going into 2019.
    You offered your opinion and no matter how much you spin it, you are still wrong. You have no data to support your conclusions, just a gut feeling. The one fact that is not in your favor is that winning breeds optimism. People are more optimistic about their team if they win vs if they loose (just check the BB forum for confirmation). We won a bowl game against an P5 opponent when most people expected us to loose. If you canít understand why that would make people more optimistic, then you are beyond hope.
    This season went from the trolls calling for PJís head to most everyone thinking that he is building the program. The difference was a couple of significant wins (Sconny & GaTech).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    You offered your opinion and no matter how much you spin it, you are still wrong. You have no data to support your conclusions, just a gut feeling. The one fact that is not in your favor is that winning breeds optimism. People are more optimistic about their team if they win vs if they loose (just check the BB forum for confirmation). We won a bowl game against an P5 opponent when most people expected us to loose. If you can’t understand why that would make people more optimistic, then you are beyond hope.
    This season went from the trolls calling for PJ’s head to most everyone thinking that he is building the program. The difference was a couple of significant wins (Sconny & GaTech).

Hardly anyone called for his head.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    You offered your opinion and no matter how much you spin it, you are still wrong. You have no data to support your conclusions, just a gut feeling. The one fact that is not in your favor is that winning breeds optimism. People are more optimistic about their team if they win vs if they loose (just check the BB forum for confirmation). We won a bowl game against an P5 opponent when most people expected us to loose. If you canít understand why that would make people more optimistic, then you are beyond hope.
    This season went from the trolls calling for PJís head to most everyone thinking that he is building the program. The difference was a couple of significant wins (Sconny & GaTech).

Calling for PJís head? Talk about spin.

And one loss in a meaningless bowl game would not have changed the optimism about how the conference season ended.

Last edited by scools12; 03-02-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    Hardly anyone called for his head.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    /s

And one loss in a meaningless bowl game would not have changed the optimism about how the conference season ended.

You keep repeating this as if sheer volume will make it true. It's a ridiculous take.

Coaches, players, fans, announcers spend all season talking about becoming bowl eligible. Once that's accomplished, considerable time is spent dissecting which bowl will be the team's destination, and who the opponent will be. Every bowl game is nationally televised, often with no other football game airing at the same time. Coaches, players, fans, announcers spend countless hours talking about how the bowl game will propel the team toward the following season.

You're claiming that all of that anticipation is for nothing? Congrats, you're the only one. And logic is not your strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post
    You keep repeating this as if sheer volume will make it true. It's a ridiculous take.

Coaches, players, fans, announcers spend all season talking about becoming bowl eligible. Once that's accomplished, considerable time is spent dissecting which bowl will be the team's destination, and who the opponent will be. Every bowl game is nationally televised, often with no other football game airing at the same time. Coaches, players, fans, announcers spend countless hours talking about how the bowl game will propel the team toward the following season.

You're claiming that all of that anticipation is for nothing? Congrats, you're the only one. And logic is not your strong suit.
    Someone must have forgot to tell GA Tech how meaningful the game was.

Last edited by scools12; 03-02-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Or we shut down their one dimensional offense by being prepared and more physical than any defense they had encountered that year.

Holy balls, your "logic" is terrible. Any game that an underdog wins is meaningless. Outstanding thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Holy balls, your "logic" is terrible. Any game that an underdog wins is meaningless. Outstanding thought process.
    Questioning the ďlogicĒ of something never said. Now thatís some outstanding thought process.

Nah. They were simply outplayed by a superior Gopher team.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    Or we shut down their one dimensional offense by being prepared and more physical than any defense they had encountered that year.
    Crazy the Gophers offense was more physical than Clemson and Georgia. Amazing they didn’t dominate more games.

The land of cows, colleges and content providers.
    Blog Entries

The Doll is hyperventilating again.
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

Questioning the “logic” of something never said. Now that’s some outstanding thought process.
    That is what you're saying. Gophers won as an underdog, therefore Georgia Tech didn't care/didn't show up, therefore the game is meaningless. That's your logic.