How many more games would the Gophers have won if Jarvis Johnson had been cleared?

How many wins would Jarvis have meant to the program?

• 20 - 5 per year

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 15-19 - Major impact

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • 10-15 - Significant impact

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • 5-9

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 0-5 - Come on! Lebron couldn't have saved some of these teams!

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Would have picked us up 7 extra wins this year alone!

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
What do you think Jarvis could have helped propel us to in terms of extra victories. Here are the yearly records for the four years he could have played:

Freshman year: 8-23 - Would have been back-up to Nate Mason? Maybe beat him out. At the least would've pushed for PT at SG and PG. Probably wouldn't have been suspended like others.

Sophomore year: 24-10 - I'm thinking he moves us up a notch or two had he played.

Junior Year: 15-17 - Could of and probably would have helped to keep us from totally tanking. And maybe taken enough playing time to keep McBrayer from getting injured.

Senior Year: 17-11 (so far) - biggest impact would have been this year with no Nate and no need to experiment at the point. He would have been huge!

Let me know what you think in the poll.

Can't help but think he would have been able to help IW more than the coaches.

Last edited:

Why only 7 more wins this year? If Jarvis was playing then Reid Travis would have grad transferred here and Zion would have come here as well. With those two guys down low and Jarvis dishing the ball out we'd be shooting at least 50% from three since those shots would be so wide open.

So we'd be 28-0, and ESPN would bring in the whole GameDay crew for every single one of our games. Greenberg and Jay Will would just move here and share a condo in the North Loop. There would be a reality show about their lives as roommates.

I know I'm a homer but I really do think he would have made this year way more successful. Look at the losses

@BC - would we have struggled as much with Coffey in the right position and Jarvis running the offense? I say we would have won.

@OSU - simply being in Value City Arena makes us break out in a rash. We still lose this one.

@ Ill - no where near the problems we had against the zone with a real PG. We win here.

MD - I think this would have been very very close. Would have negated Cowan and I think the Gophers prevail here.

@Mich - I don't think we have any idea how this would have played out with a 1 loss Gopher team playing a 1 loss Michigan team. They probably don't play poorly and we lose.

@Pur - Mackey arena. We still lose.

Wisc - No way we drop this one with Jarvis! He may have even made Davison cry.

@MSU - Jarvis can't stop Nick Ward. We still lose.

@Neb - you really aren't questioning this one?

Mich - I think the Gophers win this one at home with Jarvis.

@Rutgers - Once again, you aren't really questioning this right?

That's my 7. I also think that with Coffey at SF and McBricks on the bench our all-DeLaSalle backcourt would have our offensive efficiency much higher. We sure as hell wouldn't be on the bubble!

I love this thread. 5 wins a year I say.

just goes to show you how volatile recruiting is and how easily a good laid plan can change things. Not sure Harris would have ever been here.

Why only 7 more wins this year? If Jarvis was playing then Reid Travis would have grad transferred here and Zion would have come here as well. With those two guys down low and Jarvis dishing the ball out we'd be shooting at least 50% from three since those shots would be so wide open.

So we'd be 28-0, and ESPN would bring in the whole GameDay crew for every single one of our games. Greenberg and Jay Will would just move here and share a condo in the North Loop. There would be a reality show about their lives as roommates.

I'm going to dream about this tonight.

Jarvis would definitely have helped. Not sure this thread makes any sense.

I just coughed up blood laughing

This year, I would say competent PG play would have netted us 3 more wins to date. @Nebraska and two of @Michigan, @Purdue, @Rutgers and Maryland.

I know I'm a homer but I really do think he would have made this year way more successful. Look at the losses

@BC - would we have struggled as much with Coffey in the right position and Jarvis running the offense? I say we would have won.

@OSU - simply being in Value City Arena makes us break out in a rash. We still lose this one.

@ Ill - no where near the problems we had against the zone with a real PG. We win here.

MD - I think this would have been very very close. Would have negated Cowan and I think the Gophers prevail here.

@Mich - I don't think we have any idea how this would have played out with a 1 loss Gopher team playing a 1 loss Michigan team. They probably don't play poorly and we lose.

That's my 7. I also think that with Coffey at SF and McBricks on the bench our all-DeLaSalle backcourt would have our offensive efficiency much higher. We sure as hell wouldn't be on the bubble!

We were down by almost 40 against Illinios and yet we would have won that game with Jarvis???? Who do you think he is...Michael Jordan? Come on man, we haven't even seen him play against college players. He might have been just as bad as Washington.

We were down by almost 40 against Illinios and yet we would have won that game with Jarvis???? Who do you think he is...Michael Jordan? Come on man, we haven't even seen him play against college players. He might have been just as bad as Washington.

Ouch

If the Gophers had the lineup of Jesus, Allah, Michael Jordan, Kevin McHale and the bum down the dumps, would it have made a difference? Are we talking Nintendo or Xbox?

If the Gophers had the lineup of Jesus, Allah, Michael Jordan, Kevin McHale and the bum down the dumps, would it have made a difference? Are we talking Nintendo or Xbox?

What team has Abraham?

You and I have no idea how he would have played against college competition nor know if he would have merely survived the rigors of practices and games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still fun to speculate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That team would be terrible. Only one ball to go around. I imagine McHale would still be the biggest black hole of the bunch. Allah can't pass out of a double team. Jesus doesn't play any defense and Jordan would make whoever the 5th player is cry non-stop.

Last edited:

That team would be terrible. Only one ball to go around. I imagine McHale would still be the biggest black hole of the bunch. Allah can't pass out of a double team. Jesus doesn't play an defense and Jordan would make whoever the 5th player is cry non-stop.

Allah does not exist though. We'd be playing short handed.

Top Bottom