***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Well there is not much more to say then we have to win. It doesn't matter how, it doesn't need to be pretty. We just need to get a W and move on.

That's it. Nothing more needs to be said. Just get the W.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weird place to play. No atmosphere. Need the W. This is a bad Northwestern team. Losing today makes this a bad Gophers team.

Gophers get back on track tonite with a 7 point win 68-61. This is a NW team not playing very well and luck has to go the Gophers way one of these nights. In addition, they will not be coached by Kevin O'Neil; and they won't have Billy McKinney, Jim Stack, or Juice Thompson available for minutes.

Gophers get back on track tonite with a 7 point win 68-61. This is a NW team not playing very well and luck has to go the Gophers way one of these nights. In addition, they will not be coached by Kevin O'Neil; and they won't have Billy McKinney, Jim Stack, or Juice Thompson available for minutes.

But will Ricky Byrdsong (RIP) be roaming the stands during the game?

Go Gophers! Missing the game for Harry Potter trivia night at surly brew!

Go Gophers! Missing the game for Harry Potter trivia night at surly brew!

Somehow that seems oddly appropriate for a Gopher vs. Northwestern game!

The obvious, a must win. NW is below bad by any measure.

Weird place to play. No atmosphere. Need the W. This is a bad Northwestern team. Losing today makes this a bad Gophers team.

Any team that both snaps Nebraska's 7-game losing streak AND Northwestern's 8-game losing streak isn't a Tournament team, no matter how weak the bubble is.

Any team that both snaps Nebraska's 7-game losing streak AND Northwestern's 8-game losing streak isn't a Tournament team, no matter how weak the bubble is.
This. This is succinct and true.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It is nearly impossible to argue with this. (99.99%)

This is an example of minutiae the Selection Committee would never mention publicly, but nonetheless they are very much aware of it.

This is going to be a loss regardless of what happens during the first 38 minutes. Either a whooping or a last-second loss.

Pitino's obtuse end-of-game coaching combined with no point guard leads to the same outcome again and again (and again).

I just hope we know how to react to the 1-3-1 zone they put on us every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to change the thread, but Ive seen coaches fired for less than that.

I can't remember a recent Gopher game where I didn't turn the channel long before the game was over. Some of them before halftime cuz they were playing so terrible. I'm not too optimistic about tonight. Please let me watch a whole game!

Just spoke to a former Gopher bball player. He is nervous about tonight.

Go Gophers!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just spoke to a former Gopher bball player. He is nervous about tonight.

Go Gophers!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Half hour before the game and he is talking to fans? Also telling fans he is nervous? Doesn't sound right. Hopefully he isn't one our starters.

Half hour before the game and he is talking to fans? Also telling fans he is nervous? Doesn't sound right. Hopefully he isn't one our starters.

Former

Out of town and can't find BTN. Need this thread to check up on the game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pretty incredible finish to UConn/WSU game

We're in now but if we lose this, win the next 2, and make a run in the Big Ten tournament, we're out?

Am I missing something here?

Love that we’re in gold. Why don’t we ever wear it at home anymore?

The Gophers have given Northwestern 3 open 3s in the first 3 minutes. Lucky they've only hit one.

Top Bottom