***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Would love to see some more balanced scoring but if Coffey going "Teen Wolf" is what it takes, I'll take that too!

i'll never forgive Pitino for the the Middle Tennessee NCAA effort (5 vs 12) and being sold on the concept that Stull was a Big Ten level player and second coming of the transfer Akeem Springs, not to mention not having a real plan B at point guard. Who owns this miss, Jeter?

I'll never forgive him for the 8 win season and the previous season where he had most of his core players back from an NIT championship team and finished 18-15 with no postseason. I figure he owes us more than he's given us since for those two debacles.

jfc there is something wrong with this board... Washington didn't play tonight so it was effectively a loss? the guy won't be back next year. he will transfer and I hope he is eligible to play right away for a team that will give him meaningful minutes... get over it tho. damn, you guys are way too invested in one dude. it's super weird

Seriously, what an odd post. Who had a dominating road win, who cares about Washington not playing?

This will be the last time I read one of these gamer threads that's for sure.

Did I miss something? I thought the Gophers won pretty easily. It wasn’t a beautiful, balanced game. But at the end of the game they had more points than Northwestern which really seems like a good thing.

On to the next one

I saw the sad looking "screamer" under the basket on the DVR slow down with a bunch of constipated nerdy students behind her and they all were as disinterested as the whole NU team other than Pardon.

A win is a win, but losing at home to worthless Wisconsin killed this season, and nothing is going to bring it back, unless Pitino shocks us. Beating Neb. and Rutgers might have helped, but not crushing an underwhelming Badger team at home set the tone for the rest of the year. Pitino is done, but I will hope for the best.

i'll never forgive Pitino for the the Middle Tennessee NCAA effort (5 vs 12) and being sold on the concept that Stull was a Big Ten level player and second coming of the transfer Akeem Springs, not to mention not having a real plan B at point guard. Who owns this miss, Jeter?

Stull still looks like me out there playing in a Big Ten game. I guess four months was not enough for him to get in shape.

Also, why is Hurt on this team and why is he getting minutes over the towel waving guys at the end of of the bench. Did Pitino really bring this guy in to influence his brother who actually has some talent? I hope not, since Hurt #2 is not coming to Minnesota and Hurt #1 is a good MIAC player at best. I went to see St. Thomas crush Hamline at the Hutton Fieldhouse a month ago, and both teams had at least two players built like Hurt #1, and none of them were afraid to shoot the ball. Hurt #1 would have been the 2nd or 3rd best player on St. Thomas or worse.

I always enjoy your late night drunk posts. Can practically smell the booze through my computer screen after reading that :D

Curry is not close to 100 percent. He makes hisFTs , rebounds , and bangs inside, but is not right. not even close to his Fr. year.

Curry had a chance to elevate for a monster dunk tonight, with zero traffic on the left side tonight and he finished with a nice left handed lay up, like I'd do in my early 50s, rather than a resounding dunk. He has lost his lift. He is at 60 percent of what he was at most.

Still a good player, but I hope his knee is not ruined as does happen at times (Jayson Walton- Clem era)

Knee injuries like that tend to have a lot of mental hurdles to get over as well. Some of that may be just getting his confidence in the knee back.

At least he Hurt has a basketball IQ, that makes him a functional bench player. Also, I’ve never seen him take a play off on either end of the court. That include last season when the rest of the team went in the tank with “poor me” syndrome. Give the young man some respect. You sound like ymca league guy with a chip on his shoulder.

I agree that more minutes for Hurt over some others (McBrayer especially) would be a good thing. He sees the court well and passes well. Also think he is a decent defender now.

I didn't watch this game and we won. I think I'm going to keep that going for my sanity, and also hopefully a little bit of luck.

Love that McBrayer had 4 steals! This team rarely gets many.
Sad to see the 5- 3pt attempts. Go ahead take what the defense enjoys giving you.

Was Omersa out, seems like this would have been a game to give him some minutes?

I didn't watch this game and we won. I think I'm going to keep that going for my sanity, and also hopefully a little bit of luck.

That makes two of us. I'm staying away after the Rutgers game and wishing them the best.

I agree that more minutes for Hurt over some others (McBrayer especially) would be a good thing. He sees the court well and passes well. Also think he is a decent defender now.

Helps with spacing. He's just not a threat to score

Love that McBrayer had 4 steals! This team rarely gets many.
Sad to see the 5- 3pt attempts. Go ahead take what the defense enjoys giving you.

He hit at least one (maybe two). At least two were bad decisions, either off balance or way too early in the clock for a guy who is not a great shooter. Every time he hits a three it gets me out of my seat, because they have been so few this year, and it lends itself to visions of a hot streak. A Dupree who is a threat to score changes everything about this team. Has done an excellent job on the defensive end of the floor, though.

Last edited:

Yeah, but somebody still managed to bitch about them even during a game like this. Pathetic, but that's Gopher Hole. Whine, Whine, Whine.

Same about thing about the coach and players.... Whine, whine, whine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He hit at least one (maybe two). At least two were bad decisions, either off balance or way too early in the clock for a guy who is not a great shooter. Every time he hits a three it gets me out of my seat, because they have been so few this year, and it lends itself to visions of a hot streak. A Dupree who is a threat to score changes everything about this team. Has done an excellent job on the defensive end of the floor, though.

I thought for sure he was going to be a good shooter. He had a good soph year, but the really good shooters are the ones that can do it with high volume too. I was wrong.

Was Omersa out, seems like this would have been a game to give him some minutes?

Pitino was taking no chances last night. He saw what happened when he tried using the bench against Rutgers.

Right now, they have a 6 1/2 man rotation. Which is unacceptable since they have no injuries. Pitino, develop a bench!

I thought for sure he was going to be a good shooter. He had a good soph year, but the really good shooters are the ones that can do it with high volume too. I was wrong.

The injury last year and the grief this year really set him back. Very sad. He could have been a much better player statistically in his career.

The injury last year and the grief this year really set him back. Very sad. He could have been a much better player statistically in his career.

Last year he shot a respectable 34% from behind the arc, and 42% his sophomore year. He's obviously reeling on several levels this year.

His soph year will end up being his statistical best in practically every category, and it's not even close.

Last edited:

Yep. He was bad. Now I know why he rarely tries to pass out of double teams.

He forces them inside too much. I was surprised he was credited with only three turnovers. It seemed like more. He could just as easily push them back outside the arc at a much lower risk. His passing is most hurt by his lack of height. he simply can't see over the taller players guarding, and often double teaming, him. Not every pass has to turn into a lay-up.

Helps with spacing. He's just not a threat to score

McBrayer or Hurt? I think Hurt would probably shoot at a higher percentage than Dupree if he would shoot more but that’s just based on how Mcbrayer is shooting and his shooting form which has always bugged me.

McBrayer or Hurt? I think Hurt would probably shoot at a higher percentage than Dupree if he would shoot more but that’s just based on how Mcbrayer is shooting and his shooting form which has always bugged me.

Hurt has never shot it well for the Gophers. Clearly he doesn’t light it up in practice or else a team desperate for shooters would be working to get him looks in game.

Top Bottom