Gophs vs NW

Have you seen Willis play ? Tons of fans thought IW would be great as a freshman. Lots of folks liked Stull.

I haven't seen him play but I'm not expecting much: mediocre 10.7 Player Efficiency Rating and .058 Win Shares per 40 minutes in two years at Vanderbilt. Maybe he's a good defensive player. His stats were also worse as a soph than they were as a freshman.

Speaking of Vanderbilt: they're really terrible this year (9-19, 0-15 in the conference) despite having 4 consensus top 100 players on the team.

Last edited:

I haven't seen him play but I'm not expecting much: mediocre 10.7 Player Efficiency Rating and .058 Win Shares per 40 minutes in two years at Vanderbilt. Maybe he's a good defensive player. His stats were also worse as a soph than they were as a freshman.

Speaking of Vanderbilt: they're really terrible this year (9-19, 0-15 in the conference) despite having 4 consensus top 100 players on the team.

Best player and point guard, Garland, went down early. That is devastating. They have played some close ones. I'm surprised they haven't knocked one of higher SEC teams off. Didn't we lose a recruiting battle with them this year? That's discouraging.

Have you seen Willis play ? Tons of fans thought IW would be great as a freshman. Lots of folks liked Stull.

There is a back story on Stull that we may never know. How on God's green earth could a D-I basketball player for three or four years show up in the fall looking like he hadn't worked out since the end of the previous season? I know he was iced out of the UWM athletic facilities after he left the team, but he had to have been able to use the rec facilities to at least stay in shape. This baffles me as much as anything this year.

Didn't we lose a recruiting battle with them this year? That's discouraging.

According to Verbal Commits, guard and Vanderbilt commit, Austin Crowley, was also offered by us. Crowley is top 100 RSCI (near the bottom). Uncommitted Tre Mitchell is on their list of offers and ours. Mitchell has a similar ranking.

A more interesting Vanderbilt recruit is named Scotty Pippen Jr. He's listed as a 6'1" pg. Not close to his dad's height yet but maybe he isn't finished growing.

The Vanderbilt coach obviously is recruiting pretty well these days with four top RSCI players already on the team and at least one more in the recruiting class. Depending upon their admission standards for athletes, Vanderbilt shouldn't be a hard sell: very prestigious school located in a great part of a great city and with a mild winter climate (pretty brutal summer climate though).

It almost looks like Curry is limping around. Man that leg does not look right. Needs an off season to get it back right.

It almost looks like Curry is limping around. Man that leg does not look right. Needs an off season to get it back right.

Hopefully it can get right. There may need to be additional arthroscopic surgery. Who knows if he's going to be dealing with chronic inflammation or swelling through his entire eligibility.

Not surprised. Between the long lay off and the serious injury, a year to get back is not unexpected. he's really sucking wind, too. I think Hummel mentioned that on TV last night, and it was obvious when I saw him in person against Indiana. I hope he gets most of what he had back, but I doubt it. I see him as being a quality 15-20 minute guy the rest of his career. He may get some favorable match-ups, but I think he will have a hard time guarding agile bigs.

Curry has no lift at this point, jumps like a 80 year old man. Hopefully he can working on conditioning and strength this off season. Gophers are thin up front.

Top Bottom