Who should be the Basketball Team Captains Next Year? (poll)

Pick your 2019-2020 B-Ball Captains

• Amir Coffey

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • Michael Hurt

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Unknown Grad Transfer

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Matthew Hurt

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Gabe Kalesheur

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Isiaih Washington

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Goldy Gopher

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Rotating Student Section fan for that game only!

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Alright, here's your chance to vote and help coach figure out this dilemma.

Not sure, he seems kind of quiet. Omersa is the most vocal of the freshmen.

You also don't have Omersa on the list. You have Gabe, who I don't think shows emotion.

Not sure, he seems kind of quiet. Omersa is the most vocal of the freshmen.

I dont think vocal is a requirement for leadership. The book The Captain Class takes a great look at the most successful sports captains ever. The conclusions were basically that the captains of the most successful sports dynasties were guys who did not care about individual stats or accolades, and had a huge will to win by persevering through pain and adversity. They were also good communicators, but some did so more discretely than obvious vocal demonstrations.

im in favor of Coffey & Hurt....you give the team 4 years of hard work and commitment and you deserve to be called captain for your senior year

Coffey for sure. Then hurt

Captains are becoming a thing of the past. Leadership counsels are becoming more and more prevalent and common.

You also don't have Omersa on the list. You have Gabe, who I don't think shows emotion.

From Pitino's Blog 9/24/18

Jarvis Omersa - Jarvis was awesome. He cares about being a great teammate and really wants to lead. The Program has been in existence for over 5 years and Jarvis is only the second Freshman to ever be named Top Performer by the instructors. Impressive to say the least.

Embrace the Uncomortable

Royce White if he can fly to Penn State

What the hell does “rah rah” have to do with being a captain. Captains work harder than everyone else and show the team how to prepare for games. It should be kalschuer.

I like the idea of randomly selecting a captain from the student section. Roll them out to the middle of the court before the game, give them some swag, let them sit with a friend behind the bench and have them give a quick motivational speech to the crowd by leading, M I N N E S O T A Minnesota, Minnesota Go Gophers! rah

What the hell does “rah rah” have to do with being a captain. Captains work harder than everyone else and show the team how to prepare for games. It should be kalschuer.

Goldy does both. Plus he won’t grad transfer on us.

Top Bottom