Next season - who are the captains?

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
That would be weird and counterproductive, I think.

Unless Amir stepped up and became a leader Hurt would be the captain, but hard to make a player that doesn’t play a captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see this as an indictment on the team as a whole in that there isn't a clear leader who's stepped up both on and off the court.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Goldy should be team captain.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
That would be weird and counterproductive, I think.

A lot of teams at a lot of levels have stated doing this.

We could just do it like Fleck does it and name almost everyone a captain

I see this as an indictment on the team as a whole in that there isn't a clear leader who's stepped up both on and off the court.

I see it as a coach has heard about the hundreds of teams at a bunch of levels who do similar things

I'd prefer there to be just one captain. That said, assuming multiple, I'd like to see Gabe, Oturu, and Omersa. They all seem like guys who have really bought in, carry a good attitude, and bust their humps night in and night out. Obvisouly, the caveat is I dont see them at practice or in the locker room. I know they are all going to be sophomores, but if your sophomores are your best leaders, the captain position shouldn't be denied to them because of that.

Nope, no Austin Hollins on this team.

Goldy can out-spin anyone!
tada!
1d23600f81db90a10929001d960d9b1f.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A lot of teams at a lot of levels have stated doing this.

I wasn't aware of that. I wonder how it works. The teams I've been close to, having captains serves a useful function, and I've observed that good captains make a big difference.

I wasn't aware of that. I wonder how it works. The teams I've been close to, having captains serves a useful function, and I've observed that good captains make a big difference.
The same is true of having good coaches.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unless Amir stepped up and became a leader Hurt would be the captain, but hard to make a player that doesn’t play a captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Saunders was a captain.

Someone clearly put it in a book.
That a lot of people started reading.

Leadership training is now applied to almost everyone. My local high school does it for all athletes to some degree and senior athletes to a larger degree.

Honestly, good captains don’t need a title to be leaders. Everyone on the team knows.

Amir and Oturu should be captains... Then Gabe and Oturu the following year. This isn't that hard

Top Bottom