Michael Hurt windmill dunk in pre-game warm-ups (video)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

His lack of contribution has been disappointing.

I wasn't expected him to be a star when we recruited, but I was hoping for a valuable role player

His lack of contribution has been disappointing.

I wasn't expected him to be a star when we recruited, but I was hoping for a valuable role player

Yes! I saw him play in high school a few times and was impressed. Shot 3's pretty well, played smart, and was quick enough for his size. Was hoping he'd be a poor man's Chris Mullin:clap:

Two years ago he was a contributor on an upper division team including a couple big plays in one of their signature wins (at Maryland). What TF happened?! Serious question - he should have progressed since then. Mr. Basketball finalist, decent size and skill. Why do I feel like he'd be in the top 9 rotation in Madison?

Last edited:

Two years ago he was a contributor on an upper division team including a couple big plays in one of their signature wins (at Maryland). What TF happened?! Serious question - he should have progressed since then. Mr. Basketball, decent size and skill. Why do I feel like he'd be in the top 9 rotation in Madison?

He wasn't Mr. Basketball, but your other points still stand. He hasn't got better. Has no confidence.

He wasn't Mr. Basketball, but your other points still stand. He hasn't got better. Has no confidence.

I hate that I'm earning a rep as a "Michael Hurt hater" but I have no idea how you can watch him (to be fair, there's lots of others on our bench - basically anyone not named Eric Curry - that are like this too), see what he does when he gets in the game and think to yourself "THAT guy needs more playing time."

slow footed, can't dribble, and shoots the ball from a low angle and takes awhile to load up.

He is a hell of a teammate though, from what I can see. He isn't playing, but whenever a timeout is called and someone is shooting well or did something good, he is high fiving them and smiling at them. He is always into the game. I wonder if he coaches someday. I think he's going for doctoring or something, but who knows. I've heard no one loves the game more.

Not playing much at all lately ...maybe Matt told pitino the the U is Out

slow footed, can't dribble, and shoots the ball from a low angle and takes awhile to load up.

He is a hell of a teammate though, from what I can see. He isn't playing, but whenever a timeout is called and someone is shooting well or did something good, he is high fiving them and smiling at them. He is always into the game. I wonder if he coaches someday. I think he's going for doctoring or something, but who knows. I've heard no one loves the game more.

You got it right. I will add that he is kind, nice, unselfish, very smart and a team player. A typical Minnesota nice guy. I think that may have clashed with the east coast attitude of his coach. All that considered I don't understand why Stull is now getting his minutes, at least Mike would get a couple of rebounds and cut for a layup or two when he was in. Stull produces nothing!

Yes! I saw him play in high school a few times and was impressed. Shot 3's pretty well, played smart, and was quick enough for his size. Was hoping he'd be a poor man's Chris Mullin:clap:
I questioned his recruitment. I saw his shot and thought it was slow and his release made it inconsistent. It also took too long for him to release it. At the high school level he got away with it. Not at the D1 level.
But, Pitino has recruited a number of unconventional shooters. Coffey and McBrayer have poor form as well. It makes them all very streaky.

What a weird clip. In 12 seconds...

1 - Hurt has a windmill dunk.
2 - Murphy swishes a 3.
3 - Gabe misses a 3.
4 - Oturu drains a free throw.

I think you can blame Hurt's lack of progression on Pitino. Just like how IW is going no where even though he's the most talented ball handler the Gophers have.

Pitino's offense never let him play a role that was based on his greatest strength: his spot up 3-point ability.

Another indictment on the Pitino regime? It's not ALL down to a talent shortage.

FWIW, I would rather they play Hurt than Stull. Hurt works hard, is fundamentally sound and cares a lot. Stull turns the ball over a lot for how little he handles it and provides nothing.

Hurt should play, even if I don’t think he is very good, because guys need rest. He can spell someone for 5-8 minutes most games.

At this point he can’t be much worse overall than Curry is

Pitino's offense never let him play a role that was based on his greatest strength: his spot up 3-point ability.

Another indictment on the Pitino regime? It's not ALL down to a talent shortage.

He is 12/47 on 3s in his career. If that is his greatest strength, then why he doesn’t play is obvious. I see oeople say he is a good shooter all the time. Stats beg to differ.

I think you can blame Hurt's lack of progression on Pitino. Just like how IW is going no where even though he's the most talented ball handler the Gophers have.

no even a little bit. nice try

Hurt does not have the physical skills or speed to become a B10 player
IW lacks the mental game

What if they had a child...:confused:

Chef Boyardee and Mrs. Baird had a baby...

This band opened up for Trip Shakespeare at First Avenue in 1992, and my friends and I still talk about that show. They were craaaaazy.

He is 12/47 on 3s in his career. If that is his greatest strength, then why he doesn’t play is obvious. I see oeople say he is a good shooter all the time. Stats beg to differ.

he is a good practice/warm-ups shooter. I have watched him the last couple of home games, he sits on the right wing and makes 10-12 in a row- just automatic. Teach your kids to shoot at game speed- and just a bit faster than the level of the game you are currently playing.

I hate that I'm earning a rep as a "Michael Hurt hater" but I have no idea how you can watch him (to be fair, there's lots of others on our bench - basically anyone not named Eric Curry - that are like this too), see what he does when he gets in the game and think to yourself "THAT guy needs more playing time."

For me, it's more of a rip on Stull than props to Hurt.

Hurt at least plays hard, doesn't do anything stupid, and is kind of invisible.

Stull and IW are visible, in a bad way.

Chef Boyardee and Mrs. Baird had a baby...

This band opened up for Trip Shakespeare at First Avenue in 1992, and my friends and I still talk about that show. They were craaaaazy.

Did you get to ride the mosh pit that night?

no even a little bit. nice try

Hurt does not have the physical skills or speed to become a B10 player
IW lacks the mental game

It is amazing that we pay a guy over a million an a half a year, yet he bears no responsibility for on court play, player development, or roster makeup. A good gig if you can get it.

Always interests me when watching warm-ups before a game......some guys are jacking up half court shots, some guys are doing windmill dunks, and some guys like Oturu and Kalscheur are actually taking shots they might have in the game.

Always interests me when watching warm-ups before a game......some guys are jacking up half court shots, some guys are doing windmill dunks, and some guys like Oturu and Kalscheur are actually taking shots they might have in the game.

A group of 5-6 guys shoot 1 half courter before going to the locker room. That isn't a problem. Its fun for them.

You hate fun, which is too bad.

A group of 5-6 guys shoot 1 half courter before going to the locker room. That isn't a problem. Its fun for them.

You hate fun, which is too bad.

Not really. But opened myself up to that one. Not on the list of things wrong with this team. Really not high on my outrage meter either. Just an observation.

Not really. But opened myself up to that one. Not on the list of things wrong with this team. Really not high on my outrage meter either. Just an observation.

Sure. But its not their last shot before the game starts even. Its with like 8 minutes to go in warmups when they go put on jerseys. If that is why Coffey, McBrayer, IW, etc. can't shoot...I want to know how the person who started it (Nate Mason) was such a good shooter.

Top Bottom