What has to happen for Pitino to keep his job?

What has to happen for you to want Pitino to keep his job?

• Nothing--I want him coaching the 2019-2020 Gophers

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • NIT--Gets our freshman postseason experience and Pitino dominates the NIT!

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Make the NCAA tournament--Bounced in the first round but look at us, we made it

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • Round of 32--Pitino's first NCAA tourney win! Cant wait to see what he does next year

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • Sweet 16--Oh how Sweet it is to be loved by The U

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Elite 8--PJ Fleck's dream round is enough for Pitino to stick around

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Final 4--We've already played at US Bank Stadium. What a massive advantage!

• National Championship game--We might lose to Tre Jones but we made it. Lifetime extension?

• WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!! Coffey wins it with a right handed lay-up off of Washington's 18th assist.

• It doesn't matter what he does. He needs to be gone.

Votes: 19 17.3%

• Total voters
This has to stop. Ok. The no point guard thing hurts. But he plays a pro style offense. Youngsters
Love that crap. His recruiting has been hit and cold, but honestly if you aren’t excited about the future, then go cheer for Bucky.
Carr. Kalschuer. Coffey. Curry. Oturo. Let’s go. That’s a lineup that can compete with the Michigan’s if the conference. Fire pitino? Who’s to say any of them come back next year. Fire pitino and who’s to say anyone wants to touch your delusions of grandeur fan base with a ten foot pole. Good grief you are all maddening. Rome wasn’t built overnight. You want a program? You don’t get there jumping ship every 3-4 years.
Heathcoat. Izzo.
Keady. Painter.

Hey let’s be Indiana or Illinois! Let’s chase big names and trash what’s left of our brand for the next 20 years.

If you can describe our brand, I'll be able to consider whether Pitino leaving would trash it.

Clem and his teams had a brand (or at least an identity) fans liked -- great defense, rebounding and toughness. That will fill Williams Arena. That went away under Monson, who was more offense-oriented. Tubby seemed to want the Clem style, too, but failed in other areas. Pitino? What's the brand we're losing?

Because having as much talent as Wisconsin or Purdue is a figment of your imagination.

We have substantially worse guard play than both of those teams.

If the gophers had Carson Edwards they’d be big ten champs.
If the gophers had trice they’d have 2-4 more wins (because he can shoot and dribble)
If the gophers had Davidson they’d have 1-2 more wins (because he can dribble)

Davidson is a dime a dozen player, he's just a cheap player, that's the only reason he gets any notice. Trice is also nothing substantial. Yes, he can shoot.
Edwards I will give you, he's a baller. Also, you should have mentioned Happ, if you wanted to argue talent.

Its all program, toughness, coaching when it comes to Wisconsin.

Coffey, Oturo and Murphy are as good a 3 as there are in the conference. In fact, if those 3 were playing our 3-4-5 spots, we'd be in much better shape.

Davidson is a dime a dozen player, he's just a cheap player, that's the only reason he gets any notice. Trice is also nothing substantial. Yes, he can shoot.
Edwards I will give you, he's a baller. Also, you should have mentioned Happ, if you wanted to argue talent.

Its all program, toughness, coaching when it comes to Wisconsin.

Coffey, Oturo and Murphy are as good a 3 as there are in the conference. In fact, if those 3 were playing our 3-4-5 spots, we'd be in much better shape.

I agree, to say Wisconsin has more talent just isn't true, Happ is a go to guy that the Gophers did not have or utilize(Murphy) though. I also feel Pitino crapped the bed with Washington, a good coach will develop him into something decent if not spectacular. Pitino's player management was terrible when he started is no better today. People mention Mason but all I have heard sense he left is how he was screwed from a medical perspective.

Top Bottom