View Poll Results: What has to happen for you to want Pitino to keep his job?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing--I want him coaching the 2019-2020 Gophers

16 14.55%
  • NIT--Gets our freshman postseason experience and Pitino dominates the NIT!

7 6.36%
  • Make the NCAA tournament--Bounced in the first round but look at us, we made it

31 28.18%
  • Round of 32--Pitino's first NCAA tourney win! Cant wait to see what he does next year

26 23.64%
  • Sweet 16--Oh how Sweet it is to be loved by The U

7 6.36%
  • Elite 8--PJ Fleck's dream round is enough for Pitino to stick around

1 0.91%
  • Final 4--We've already played at US Bank Stadium. What a massive advantage!

1 0.91%
  • National Championship game--We might lose to Tre Jones but we made it. Lifetime extension?

1 0.91%
  • WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!! Coffey wins it with a right handed lay-up off of Washington's 18th assist.

1 0.91%
  • It doesn't matter what he does. He needs to be gone.

19 17.27%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Just the odds. 10.5 point underdog goes to OT in a road game against a top 5 team, they have less than a 50/50 shot of winning in OT. Not sure why pointing out a statistical likelihood is upsetting.
    Thanks for the clarity. I agree with your stat probability but I sensed just before the last shot that the Gophers stole a loss into OT and would have had momentum. Could have changed the odds of a game that rolls into OT under different circumstances. Obviously no one knows what would have happened in OT.

All the signs point to this team heading to Dayton. Would that be enough to save Pitino, even with a First Four loss?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    Holy Cow! Do you take everything in your life this literally? Don't you understand these things are like foreign films - they have subtitles?

Lots of people are sick of him and want him gone. To say they would want him fired even if he won a national championship is hyperbole. Of course, those people (and any rational others) believe he has about as much chance of winning a national championship as Martians have of landing in Calhoun Square so they don't even take the question seriously.
    A lot of people are sick of all the negativity and want it gone. If the team would have shot like a they should have then we would be at about 20 wins or so by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    A lot of people are sick of all the negativity and want it gone. If the team would have shot like a they should have then we would be at about 20 wins or so by now.

More IF, could, should, would, might have.

Gopher talent is as good as Purdue or Badgers. Why aren't they winning?

Quote Originally Posted by ttyme View Post
    Gopher talent is as good as Purdue or Badgers. Why aren't they winning?
    Because having as much talent as Wisconsin or Purdue is a figment of your imagination.

We have substantially worse guard play than both of those teams.

If the gophers had Carson Edwards they’d be big ten champs.
    If the gophers had trice they’d have 2-4 more wins (because he can shoot and dribble)
    If the gophers had Davidson they’d have 1-2 more wins (because he can dribble)

This has to stop. Ok. The no point guard thing hurts. But he plays a pro style offense. Youngsters
    Love that crap. His recruiting has been hit and cold, but honestly if you arenít excited about the future, then go cheer for Bucky.
    Carr. Kalschuer. Coffey. Curry. Oturo. Letís go. Thatís a lineup that can compete with the Michiganís if the conference. Fire pitino? Whoís to say any of them come back next year. Fire pitino and whoís to say anyone wants to touch your delusions of grandeur fan base with a ten foot pole. Good grief you are all maddening. Rome wasnít built overnight. You want a program? You donít get there jumping ship every 3-4 years.
    Heathcoat. Izzo.
    Keady. Painter.

Hey letís be Indiana or Illinois! Letís chase big names and trash whatís left of our brand for the next 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post

Every coach in the country would have a better record if you take one of their biggest weaknesses and assume an alternate reality where it is no longer a weakness.

For the negativity to go away, we need real results.

Quote Originally Posted by VolitileGopher View Post

1) This has to stop. Ok.

2) Carr. Kalschuer. Coffey. Curry. Oturo. Let’s go. That’s a lineup that can compete with the Michigan’s if the conference.

3) Fire pitino? Who’s to say any of them come back next year.

4) You don’t get there jumping ship every 3-4 years.

5) Hey let’s be Indiana or Illinois! Let’s chase big names and trash what’s left of our brand for the next 20 years.
    1) No it doesn't. Who appointed you boss man?

2) Says you.

3) And who says any of them will leave? Just you again.

4) I think you have amnesia. It's been 6 years.

5) How do you know their brand is trashed for 20 years? Of course, you don't.

I know you don't post much, but we've heard all these arguments before. They were unconvincing then and they're unconvincing now.
    Last edited by cjbfbp; 03-01-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VolitileGopher View Post
    This has to stop. Ok. The no point guard thing hurts. But he plays a pro style offense. Youngsters
    Love that crap. His recruiting has been hit and cold, but honestly if you aren’t excited about the future, then go cheer for Bucky.
    Carr. Kalschuer. Coffey. Curry. Oturo. Let’s go. That’s a lineup that can compete with the Michigan’s if the conference. Fire pitino? Who’s to say any of them come back next year. Fire pitino and who’s to say anyone wants to touch your delusions of grandeur fan base with a ten foot pole. Good grief you are all maddening. Rome wasn’t built overnight. You want a program? You don’t get there jumping ship every 3-4 years.
    Heathcoat. Izzo.
    Keady. Painter.

Hey let’s be Indiana or Illinois! Let’s chase big names and trash what’s left of our brand for the next 20 years.
    LOL.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Nothing. Everyday he is the head coach will keep setting this program back by one day. He isn't the worst coach this program has ever had but he isn't leading us anywhere. The Gophers basketball team needs a complete reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Goofer View Post
    Nothing. Everyday he is the head coach will keep setting this program back by one day. He isn't the worst coach this program has ever had but he isn't leading us anywhere. The Gophers basketball team needs a complete reboot.
    I mean I really doubt him being the head coach today sets us back a day. Its a Friday, sun is shining, he is probably drinking coffee. Practice later. Kids will have fun. Get some sweat out. Relax. Program didn’t go back a day, but the hyperbole is fun.

It would be of great help to the program if we can sell out the Purdue game and perform at a high level with the UCLA decommit in attendance. Getting another recruit on-board would do good things for the program.

"Time to find some morally liberal co-ed or two to show the young man around." - Rick Pitino

Seriously, need to have a great environment to show the young man! Go Gophers!

I'm hoping for a great Senior Night for Murph and McBricks!

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    It would be of great help to the program if we can sell out the Purdue game and perform at a high level with the UCLA decommit in attendance. Getting another recruit on-board would do good things for the program.

"Time to find some morally liberal co-ed or two to show the young man around." - Rick Pitino

Seriously, need to have a great environment to show the young man! Go Gophers!

I'm hoping for a great Senior Night for Murph and McBricks!
    Could be a very emotional senior night with Murphy graduating. He is an all-timer. I hope Jarvis Johnson gets the recognition he deserves. And I'll be sad to see Dupree and Matz go as well. Less sad about Stull, just not a fan.

Short of winning the btt or a deep tourney run, I’d be surprised if there’s anything he can do. 6 years in and only 6 players on his roster that are good enough to play against a bottom b10 team. His bad roster management has done him in.