Konate
deidou (spelling?)
Gilbert
Fitzgerald
Hurt
Carr

Some of those guys were one year.
Some 4.

Combined those guys cost us about 22 seasons worth of scholarships for big ten teams for guys that either couldn’t play for some reason or couldn’t play at a big ten level.

At 13 per year times 6 seasons that’s 78 scholarship seasons.
Subtract 14 of those for tubby smith holderovers.

Richard has had about 64 scholarship seasons of his own players.
The guys in this list occupy about 30% of them

Sorry, wrong thread. Agree as above that if Pitino was going to develop him it would have been happening earlier this season. Can't disagree that he has marginal D but he gets pulled quickly for doing what other players do in every game. I think he had potential to be a good PG but we are not going to know as any confidence he could have developed has been squashed by being pulled after every mistake.

This is 100% correct. Pitino's handling of Isiah is Coach's titanic it makes no sense. For you posters who say Isiah is not a good player know nothing about a good basketball player. Look out for that iceberg coach it looks like you sunk the Gopher program.

I’d say he absolutely can play Big Ten ball. He can’t shoot but who cares. He has great handles and can break down almost anyone that is guarding him. I have been critical of him too because of all the dumb stuff he does. That said it seems to have gotten better yet his playing time has actually been reduced. This with a team that is completely STARVING for some point guard play. He should be out there, period

This is 100% correct. Pitino's handling of Isiah is Coach's titanic it makes no sense. For you posters who say Isiah is not a good player know nothing about a good basketball player. Look out for that iceberg coach it looks like you sunk the Gopher program.
What does he do well, in your opinion?

Note: I’m not saying he’s a terrible player. But I do understand the short leash. When he is playing poorly, he rarely turns it around. That’s been his MO since day one.

You're kidding me? He is without question the best ball handler on the team. He's a good passer with pretty good floor vision as well. If you can, go rewatch some games where he was able to play significant minutes. He is capable of classic point guard type things that no one else on the team can do.

Unfortunately, Pitino has messed with his head so much that he's just a shell right now. This isn't the first time Pitino has done this with a player. Elliot was a pretty good defensive center during Pitino's first year. In his second year, he was a mess. Morris was a fair player his first year and very erratic in his second.

Note: I’m not saying he’s a terrible player. But I do understand the short leash. When he is playing poorly, he rarely turns it around. That’s been his MO since day one.

IW vs Rutgers at the barn had 8 pts/5 assists/0 to in 14 minutes.

But cool, let's just keep watching Coffey dribble into the lane with his head down and either turn it over or get blocked.

You're kidding me? He is without question the best ball handler on the team. He's a good passer with pretty good floor vision as well. If you can, go rewatch some games where he was able to play significant minutes. He is capable of classic point guard type things that no one else on the team can do.

Unfortunately, Pitino has messed with his head so much that he's just a shell right now. This isn't the first time Pitino has done this with a player. Elliot was a pretty good defensive center during Pitino's first year. In his second year, he was a mess. Morris was a fair player his first year and very erratic in his second.

He is a PG who can't defend, can't shoot, can't finish at the rim, isn't real quick and doesn't maintain focus. He also doesn't play well within any sort of system.

No one on our team can play PG, including IW.

This isn't to defend Pitino, he should be canned.

Pitino chose to recruit him. To not be able to instruct him in a way that utilizes his more than adequate talent is ON Pitino. Someone please explain to me what Coffey/Dupree/Stull are doing to earn the minutes they are getting compared to Isaiah. As it’s been pointed out, it’s hard to fairly evaluate IW right now given how badly Pitino has debilitated him mentally. Pitino has given up on him, and deserves the associated bad karma IMO. He doesn’t have the balls to call Coffey’s selfish play out/correct it, and it’s poisoning team. The irony is landing Coffey along with his father’s unwelcome influence may turn out to be more harmful to Pitino’s career prospects than landing IW. And to be fair to Coffey, he’s playing out of position too and is also being hurt by Pitino’s poor leadership. And if by chance Richard Coffey reads this, dude, sorry, no NBA scout is looking at Amir as an NBA caliber PG.

Very true. Never has a player been broken down by a coach more than Isiah has been. A coach normally tries to break players of bad habits and then build them up. Coach has been on some crazy mission to ruin Isiah.

Pitino chose to recruit him. To not be able to instruct him in a way that utilizes his more than adequate talent is ON Pitino. Someone please explain to me what Coffey/Dupree/Stull are doing to earn the minutes they are getting compared to Isaiah. As it’s been pointed out, it’s hard to fairly evaluate IW right now given how badly Pitino has debilitated him mentally. Pitino has given up on him, and deserves the associated bad karma IMO. He doesn’t have the balls to call Coffey’s selfish play out/correct it, and it’s poisoning team. The irony is landing Coffey along with his father’s unwelcome influence may turn out to be more harmful to Pitino’s career prospects than landing IW. And to be fair to Coffey, he’s playing out of position too and is also being hurt by Pitino’s poor leadership. And if by chance Richard Coffey reads this, dude, sorry, no NBA scout is looking at Amir as an NBA caliber PG.

Stull has done nothing to warrant PT and he's gotten significantly less this year than IW.
Dupree, at his worst, his much better than IW.
Coffey? Seriously? Coffey has had some terrible games, but are you really confused at why he gets minutes ahead of IW?

Yup to both.

In the end, this is what gets Pitino fired

Stull
Washington
Murderer guy (McNeil?)
Sextape guy who transfered (Dorsey?)
Creepy guy (Lynch)
Konate
deidou (spelling?)
Gilbert
Fitzgerald
Hurt
Carr

Some of those guys were one year.
Some 4.

Combined those guys cost us about 22 seasons worth of scholarships for big ten teams for guys that either couldn’t play for some reason or couldn’t play at a big ten level.
Yup. He has hosed himself.

You guys are doing some crazy drugs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He is a PG who can't defend, can't shoot, can't finish at the rim, isn't real quick and doesn't maintain focus. He also doesn't play well within any sort of system.

No one on our team can play PG, including IW.

This isn't to defend Pitino, he should be canned.

For me, it's not so much of a vote of confidence in IW, rather a plea to try something different.

Coffey over his last two games is 6/27 (0/8 from 3), is making horrible decisions, taking bad shots and has had defensive lapses. IW may have not been the answer over this slide, but we'll never know if he could have been part of the solution. Giving Stull minutes is more of a f*** you to IW than it is a solution to our offensive woes.

You're kidding me? He is without question the best ball handler on the team. He's a good passer with pretty good floor vision as well.
Am I kidding you about asking you an opinion? Uh, no. No, I’m not. Weird question.

I agree with these things. Particularly the floor vision. But he gets wild at times where I’m not sure anyone on the floor knows what he is going to do next. This likely frustrates all involved, including RP.

I’ve actually been a fan of his, but, as I said above, you don’t know what you are going to get each night. And if you see bad IW, you get that the whole night. When he has played well, he’s gotten lots of deserved run. He has not played well lately. And he was awful tonight

He hasn’t shown the ability to turn it around during a game. If he’s bad on offense, he can’t play, because he is a poor defender and both quicker and bigger guards can abuse him.

For me, it's not so much of a vote of confidence in IW, rather a plea to try something different.

Coffey over his last two games is 6/27 (0/8 from 3), is making horrible decisions, taking bad shots and has had defensive lapses. IW may have not been the answer over this slide, but we'll never know if he could have been part of the solution. Giving Stull minutes is more of a f*** you to IW than it is a solution to our offensive woes.
This is the most compelling case that can be made for IW. I was calling from the stands to put him in during the Michigan game because Coffey was so bad. But like you said, essentially in desperation.

Am I kidding you about asking you an opinion? Uh, no. No, I’m not. Weird question.

I agree with these things. Particularly the floor vision. But he gets wild at times where I’m not sure anyone on the floor knows what he is going to do next. This likely frustrates all involved, including RP.

I’ve actually been a fan of his, but, as I said above, you don’t know what you are going to get each night. And if you see bad IW, you get that the whole night. When he has played well, he’s gotten lots of deserved run. He has not played well lately. And he was awful tonight

He hasn’t shown the ability to turn it around during a game. If he’s bad on offense, he can’t play, because he is a poor defender and both quicker and bigger guards can abuse him.

It's hard to say once he starts bad he never turns it around. He hasn't played more than 10 minutes in a game in weeks, IIRC.

He should have been the starting PG who sees his minutes reduced when he's having an off night. Not a bench player who gets yanked at the first mistake and never sees the floor again.

I’ve seen it time and time again. I think that another argument that could be made is that McBrayer should have been 6th man and IW in the starting lineup from day one. Or at least after McBrayer showed he hadn’t improved much, or even regressed. I have wondered if the situation with his mom prevented RP from trying that early in the season where we could afford to allow IW to play through the bad stuff a little more.

It's hard to say once he starts bad he never turns it around. He hasn't played more than 10 minutes in a game in weeks, IIRC.

He should have been the starting PG who sees his minutes reduced when he's having an off night. Not a bench player who gets yanked at the first mistake and never sees the floor again.

Pretty critical of Pitino for never instilling a toughness and a defense for the foundation but his management of IW is really a tough one because in year 6 he can not afford to play him through mistakes. None of us will ever know the dynamics of what the Coffees were offered or promised if anything. It is a very hard job. That is what makes great coaches so special is they are so few. The good news is you can see it very early even with losing as you see good play, good habits, great defense and high character. The poison for fans is seeing what they want to have happen instead of what is happening.

I’ve seen it time and time again. I think that another argument that could be made is that McBrayer should have been 6th man and IW in the starting lineup from day one. Or at least after McBrayer showed he hadn’t improved much, or even regressed. I have wondered if the situation with his mom prevented RP from trying that early in the season where we could afford to allow IW to play through the bad stuff a little more.

I'm sure Richard wanted/expected IW to be the starter this year before the summer. Gabe stepped up and took a spot. IW must've been awful for it to be his spot instead of Prees. Even worse that Pree has been able to keep the spot and that not one person on the bench to be able to take his. I really thought we'd be ok for depth, but it's obvious none of those guys have earned Pitinos trust. None have shown me they deserve it either, espically when coaching for your job.

It’s unbelievable that he still sits the bench! I for the life of me can’t figure this out! Only PG on the team and coach refusing to play him. Easily would have 2-3 more wins with him running things for 30 minutes a game.

IW is not a bad player.he just to learn to play within the system. Its obviously very hard for him to play team basketball.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What system is that? Have your none PG fall down every time they dribble? Or the ones where they can’t break anyone down and have a shot clock violation? Lol

I'm sure Richard wanted/expected IW to be the starter this year before the summer. Gabe stepped up and took a spot. IW must've been awful for it to be his spot instead of Prees. Even worse that Pree has been able to keep the spot and that not one person on the bench to be able to take his. I really thought we'd be ok for depth, but it's obvious none of those guys have earned Pitinos trust. None have shown me they deserve it either, espically when coaching for your job.

As bad as Mcbrayer has been playing it has to be a personality difference that resulted in IW not getting minutes, if you don't trust a player getting court time why in the H did he recruit him. Tum tum got minutes at Mich State, shooting wise I'd take IW in a second over Tum Tum and IW does things TumTum could never do.

As bad as Mcbrayer has been playing it has to be a personality difference that resulted in IW not getting minutes, if you don't trust a player getting court time why in the H did he recruit him. Tum tum got minutes at Mich State, shooting wise I'd take IW in a second over Tum Tum and IW does things TumTum could never do.

TumTum defends and didn't turn the ball over or take bad shots like IW did/does. Trust is something that is developed. IW got minutes as a freshman on a ranked team. Pitino gave him a shot. IW and Pitinos relationship is something none of us know. We don't know how practices are to I normally the first place where it is normally developed. Otherwise you do the best you can to know what a player is before you get them. There were a lot of other coaches who's recruited IW too. Sometimes it's the players fault. McBrayer has been awful, that should be telling about what the bench has given or is showing.

Don't know if this was posted somewhere else on GH, but Jelly posted on instagram today something like "last game at the barn". Obviously could mean for this year, but I highly doubt it. And Z. Lofton commented saying he can't tell people where Jelly is headed but think warm or something.

Don't know if this was posted somewhere else on GH, but Jelly posted on instagram today something like "last game at the barn". Obviously could mean for this year, but I highly doubt it. And Z. Lofton commented saying he can't tell people where Jelly is headed but think warm or something.

yeah just seen that too...not that I would be surprised if he indeed transfers...just don't like to see it. I will never know what is happening behind the scenes but man I just don't get Pitinos handling of Jelly

The IG post has 5 pictures of him, 1 with every graduating senior. I wouldn’t read anything into it, although no one would be shocked (or blame him) if he left.

Yeah I doubt this is a preview, even if he does indeed leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom