***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Murphy thinking he had a better chance of making 3 free throws than making a wide open 3 tells me all I need to know about his basketball IQ.

We have the worst coached team in the B1G. Those crunch time possessions on offense were horrific. Then you have Rutgers getting to the rim from the top of they key and getting a layup early in the shot clock.

Also a huge F YOU to the officials in this game. That was about as bad as it gets. They were letting muggings go all game then gave Rutgers 2 free throws on a transition layup where the guy fell down and then then the horrific call on Dupree when Minnesota was down 1. That call was worse than the Nebraska call on Coffey.

Murphy, Coffey, McBrayer have to look themselves in the mirror after this one. Gabe and Daniel carried them and all 3 came up ridiculously small all game long.

Just the Gophers luck, if the ref didn't blow the whistle, Murphy would have had hit the three and tied it up. figures.

Should not have to come down to that...pull the plug. Get Muss.

Players make plays. Baker made em. Our guys didn't. 10-20 from the free throw line. This game was not coaching this was players. Thankfully our two frosh are the guys making plays.

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

Who the **** designed a play to put Murphy at the 3 point line? Why was it not drawn to get it to Gabe?

Why he is even in the game when we need a 3 is a question for Ricky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need 3 to tie and give it to a career 22% 3-point shooter, not the guy who just tied the team record for most 3s in a half and who hasn't missed all day. Great coaching.

To be fair it did look like Coffey was trying to drive and swing it to Gabe in the corner, it just wasn't there. Certainly wasn't a good play, but it's not like it was designed for Murphy to get it.

5 points the last 3 1/2 minutes, not gonna win any game like that.

Just the Gophers luck, if the ref didn't blow the whistle, Murphy would have had hit the three and tied it up. figures.

And if the ref didn’t blow the whistle and Murphy didn’t make the shot?

5 points the last 3 1/2 minutes, not gonna win any game like that.

Nobody willing to shoot the ball from the key and out (which Rutgers was allowing) mid-possession except Kalscheur. It was either dribble drive into a crowd or hold the ball until 2 seconds on the clock. They've lost all confidence in their jump shots.

38-69 big ten record in six years. That deserves another year?

Also....for those complaining about the Nebraska call....Murphy jumped into the guy on the three point shot....just saying.

Gophers crapped to bed and filled their diapers at the end of game again. Underacheivement is the name Gophers.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Players make plays. Baker made em. Our guys didn't. 10-20 from the free throw line. This game was not coaching this was players. Thankfully our two frosh are the guys making plays.

Your continued support for Pitino is noble I guess but come on. At what point do you put any responsibility for the play of the team on the head coach?

Your continued support for Pitino is noble I guess but come on. At what point do you put any responsibility for the play of the team on the head coach?

Coaches at all levels get fired for their players performance. Its nearly impossible to replace an entire roster. And this is Richard’s roster.

I’m a pitino loyalist but if he gets fired I completely understand why. No excuse for some of these losses

You want this team to win, but far too often, especially offensively, they are an absolute train wreck.

Also....for those complaining about the Nebraska call....Murphy jumped into the guy on the three point shot....just saying.
Murphy’s defender clearly fouled. Not close. Bad take.

McBrayer was trying to make that shot at the buzzer. He missed that thing by 5 feet. it was literally 5 feet to the right.

That was just before we air balled a needed free throw.

I really think this team is mentally soft... they choke...they cant shoot FGs or FTs.

Amir should not have the ball at the end of the game but then again...who should.

Very disappointing game.

Gabe and Oturu are gonna be really good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

After last game, I said I was fine with him being fired. What I am saying is that this game is on the players. Murphy, Coffey, Curry and McBrayer all played lousy. Guys didn't step up. Pitino's overall record is not good enough. I'm just identifying what is real in this game and our players got outplayed by Rutgers' players in the last 4 minutes, and some of them for much of the game.

Coffey 4-12 4 turnovers 0-2 free throws
Murphy 3-10 3-7 free throws
McBrayer 2-9

2 seniors and a junior 9-31 3-9 free throws
Just make your free throws and you win the game

Last edited:

After last game, I said I was fine with him being fired. What I am saying is that this game is on the players

No bench means the starters are gassed at the end. That is Pitinos fault.

No legit PG is 100% on the coach.

The FT thing is the only thing I can't blame Pitino at all for.

Top Bottom