Shooter: Some 28K tickets have been sold for NDSU-Butler football game at Tgt Field

Just like if my wife drives on the edge of the lawn when she backs out of the garage I just know that's a thing, but I'm gonna tell my kid not to do it because that's something I can do something about.

If they're reasonable about the whole thing I don't know / don't care as far as the groundskeepers go. I never saw that thing happen.

At least your wife doesn't back into the trash cans...

Odds makers would disagree:
2018 NDSU (-7) vs MN on a neutral field. Sagarin 19 (83) vs MN 42 (76), -7 line.

Wrong. Sagrin isnt Vegas or oddsmakers.

Seriously you spend so much time on our message board. We all know you have a crush on us. We just aren't that into you.

NDSU, Fargo, horrible green/yeller , double BARF

Nice little local story, no one cares, anywhere beyond Fargo or central Illinois and other backwaters.

not relevant 12 years ago and not today, and not in 20 years.. no one cares abut "D2", or even the acual D2, ask MSU-Mankato- less relevant than St. Johns

Seriously you spend so much time on our message board. We all know you have a crush on us. We just aren't that into you.

What’s the line then smart guy? Every line I saw at Bowl time started right on the sagarin line. As the money came in you saw a little movement. It’s easily - 5 to -7, but don’t let the facts get in the way of your feelings.

I have said this before but I don't think sagarin works very well for fcs teams. Not enough playing of similar teams to make it valid - especially for football.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

What’s the line then smart guy? Every line I saw at Bowl time started right on the sagarin line. As the money came in you saw a little movement. It’s easily - 5 to -7, but don’t let the facts get in the way of your feelings.

Well, as there is no game scheduled, there are no odds. You're assuming they would be -7.

Gophers would be undefeated with NDSU schedule, but if they dropped to FCS I would probably stop watching. I'm not interesting in watching battles with Weber State

I have said this before but I don't think sagarin works very well for fcs teams. Not enough playing of similar teams to make it valid - especially for football.

No, but herd clings to them like they're the gospel

dOkiixy.gif

You Have to understand how sagarin ratings are structured. It doesn’t matter if you FCS or FBS. If you 42 (76.3) playing 128 (65.3), you are -11(for example). It doesnt matter as much if you win, but how much you win by. If you are -11, and win by 3, you are affected negatively. If you win by 30 you boost your sagarin. Yes, playing higher rated team helps. If you are +10 and lose by 7, your rating holds its own. It’s a very good system to compare teams at both DI levels based on how it is structured. It’s a much bigger boost covering vs the 1 ranked team vs 120 however.

Schedule ranking also plays a factor. MN at 7-6 is likely ranked much higher with a schedule ranking of 43, than it would if their schedule ranking of 83.

If MN played Clemson at a neutral site, they would be -27, 103 -76. If they lost by 14 or less, it would have nice impact on their sagarin, as would playing the 1 ranked team. MN can boost their sagarin playing #1 or #120, but they have to cover.

Last edited:

You Have to understand how sagarin ratings are structured. It doesn’t matter if you FCS or FBS. If you 42 (76.3) playing 128 (65.3), you are -11(for example). It doesnt matter as much if you win, but how much you win by. If you are -11, and win by 3, you are affected negatively. If you win by 30 you boost your sagarin. Yes, playing higher rated team helps. If you are +10 and lose by 7, your rating holds its own. It’s a very good system to compare teams at both DI levels based on how it is structured. It’s a much bigger boost covering vs the 1 ranked team vs 120 however.

Schedule ranking also plays a factor. MN at 7-6 is likely ranked much higher with a schedule ranking of 43, than it would if their schedule ranking of 83.

If MN played Clemson at a neutral site, they would be -27, 103 -76. If they lost by 14 or less, it would have nice impact on their sagarin, as would playing the 1 ranked team. MN can boost their sagarin playing #1 or #120, but they have to cover.
I am saying the whole premise of computer rankings is invalid when there isn't much "cross pollenation". Basketball it works because they play more games but for football it is less accurate for fcs teams because they play so few games against FBS. There are not enough comparisons to be as accurate as you'd like it to be.

Hahahaha - Wait, Herd thinks his squad would hold a candle to the Gophers next year? That is hilarious!! Only B1G team you’d even have a prayer against would be Rutgers. Your defensive line going to hold up against Faalele, CDJ, Blaise, etc.? Better chance of Eden Prairie beating NDSU than NDSU beating the Gophers. You must think you’d beat Becky next year too then since there is about an 80 percent chance we beat them this year?

Mods clean up this trash.

Hahahaha - Wait, Herd thinks his squad would hold a candle to the Gophers next year? That is hilarious!! Only B1G team you’d even have a prayer against would be Rutgers. Your defensive line going to hold up against Faalele, CDJ, Blaise, etc.? Better chance of Eden Prairie beating NDSU than NDSU beating the Gophers. You must think you’d beat Becky next year too then since there is about an 80 percent chance we beat them this year?

Mods clean up this trash.

In 2018, I’ll take NDSUs defense and nfl caliber QB to your 7-6 squad with freshman QBs cutting teeth and a team trying to figure out to win and be consistent. I’ll take that bet.

In 2018, I’ll take NDSUs defense and nfl caliber QB to your 7-6 squad with freshman QBs cutting teeth and a team trying to figure out to win and be consistent. I’ll take that bet.

The Gophers were consistent at the end of the season with Rossi at DC and Big Dan at RT. I'm confident they would have picked your Fighting Turkeys squad apart.

Of course you would, you drink the kool-aid. It is really cute that you like your team, but please keep it in perspective. You remind me of those guys that think that a college team could play in the NFL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are we restarting 2018? Is Robb our DC again? I assume you’re also talking about us being without Winfield, Brooks, and Smith? Even in that hypothetical I don’t think you had much chance... In 2019, this year, with this squad... You’ve probably got higher odds of being hit by lightning.

Really hate to bring this thread back to life, but Congrats to NDSU for getting the traditional White House fast-food banquet! Well deserved.

The champion North Dakota State Bison football team was in town, and McDonald's and Chick-Fil-A were on the lunch menu.
"We could've had chefs, we could have, but we had fast food -- because I know you people," President Donald Trump said to laughter.
He referenced the chicken sandwiches set before the podium.
"Chick-Fil-A, they say? Chick-Fil-A," he said.

Really hate to bring this thread back to life, but Congrats to NDSU for getting the traditional White House fast-food banquet! Well deserved.

The champion North Dakota State Bison football team was in town, and McDonald's and Chick-Fil-A were on the lunch menu.
"We could've had chefs, we could have, but we had fast food -- because I know you people," President Donald Trump said to laughter.
He referenced the chicken sandwiches set before the podium.
"Chick-Fil-A, they say? Chick-Fil-A," he said.

The headline is, 108 of 108 players, along with support staff and coaches and state dignitaries, got on the charter to participated in a day of touring the White House, Oval Office, capitol, Monuments, and meeting with the president. No one, thank you Clemson, declined the invitation. Much respect!

The headline is, 108 of 108 players, along with support staff and coaches and state dignitaries, got on the charter to participated in a day of touring the White House, Oval Office, capitol, Monuments, and meeting with the president. No one, thank you Clemson, declined the invitation. Much respect!

Does Fargo have a Chick-Fil-A yet?

Top Bottom