Shooter: Some 28K tickets have been sold for NDSU-Butler football game at Tgt Field

The game won’t even be on TV like many of the bison games

I love the Gophers as much as anyone. I find the NDSU fans annoying like most, but I also feel like a majority of Gopher fans on this board have to put down NDSU because they are intimidated against them.

The last few times we played NDSU one team looked like a FCS team and one looked like a FBS team. Ask yourself honestly which team was which.

I love the Gophers as much as anyone. I find the NDSU fans annoying like most, but I also feel like a majority of Gopher fans on this board have to put down NDSU because they are intimidated against them.

The last few times we played NDSU one team looked like a FCS team and one looked like a FBS team. Ask yourself honestly which team was which.

I could not disagree with you more. The majority of the Gopher fans on this board put down NDSU because they have had a personal experience dealing with ignorant inflated fans of that program.

"Intimidation?" The farthest thing from it. I only had disgust from having my B1G team lose to an FCS program, and that is the case with literally every Gopher fan I have ever talked to about those dark days. Not the first or the last time this will happen in college football as FCS teams occasionally beat FBS teams but the day it creates "intimidation" in any fans is the day they become as ignorant as the misplaced bravado of the fans cheering on their Bison.

Don't mistaken embarrassment for for intimidation.

yes, they beat two very bad gopher teams. I've moved on

Part of me would like to put them on schedule again, the other part of me doesn't want them to think of us as a rivalry

Also want revenge against the coyotes

Those two Gopher teams combined to go 4-20. I wish we would get an opportunity to play them again. They beat two horrible Gopher teams. Good for them. Most years I think it would be a different story.

Those two Gopher teams combined to go 4-20. I wish we would get an opportunity to play them again. They beat two horrible Gopher teams. Good for them. Most years I think it would be a different story.

Lose, lose, lose. We win, it will be ho-hum. "You were supposed to beat them". Lose? You will never hear the end of it. Humiliate them (highly unlikely)? You are just embarrassing locals/ potential recruits. Before we say potential recruits? Ask yourself if you'd have liked some of those players to be Gophers. PWO or otherwise.

Lose, lose, lose. We win, it will be ho-hum. "You were supposed to beat them". Lose? You will never hear the end of it. Humiliate them (highly unlikely)? You are just embarrassing locals/ potential recruits. Before we say potential recruits? Ask yourself if you'd have liked some of those players to be Gophers. PWO or otherwise.

Yeah there's really no reason to play "good" lower level teams. The way the system works it's not helpful and even if it is a win nobody much cares enough to matter.

Our best win last year was arguably Fresno State.... but they're not Wisconsin, so there ya go.

I agree it logically doesn't make sense to play them. Selfishly, I would like it so I don't have to hear from their fan base how they would dominate in the Big Ten too.

Grew up in Minnesota, currently living in Fargo. I stay true to Minnesota sports teams, but the BiZon nation are a strong crew. With that being said, it gets hard to be around. A couple of months ago on their local AM sports station, they discussed the topic of “Is winning getting old?” (football). As most Minnesota sports fans know, we don’t know much about winning. I would love to have the problem of winning so much it gets old.

I agree it logically doesn't make sense to play them. Selfishly, I would like it so I don't have to hear from their fan base how they would dominate in the Big Ten too.

I understand. I have a nephew that thought/ thinks that NDSU is a bigger and better program then the U. He even thought it would be good for the U to play at NDSU. I tried to explain that NDSU isn't ready program wise to play with the big boys. There are many that actually think that the FargoDome is BigTen ready. I know our stadium is small, but going from 50K to 19K is a huge drop. Part of me is with you. The other part thinks that if Michigan can survive the loss to Appalachian State, we can deal with NDSU.

The problem NDSU has now is that no major school will play them. It is a no win situation. Gophers, Kansas St. Iowa, etc...lost. For the most part, they are Wisconsin light. Huge line, good running backs, decent defense. Over the last 7 years they would have finished in the middle of the Big Ten. Funny they also seem to put players in the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s kinda crazy if you ask me. NDSU fans expected to win, won, and were excited about it. Do gopher fans want an apology? Do we need a Safe word? If you ever schedule NDSU again, they will show up expecting to win, just the way it is.

2011 was a long time ago . . . Water under the bridge.

The problem NDSU has now is that no major school will play them. It is a no win situation. Gophers, Kansas St. Iowa, etc...lost. For the most part, they are Wisconsin light. Huge line, good running backs, decent defense. Over the last 7 years they would have finished in the middle of the Big Ten. Funny they also seem to put players in the NFL.

We will never know if they would or not. On any given Saturday, an NDSU or Appalachian State can knock off a power 5 program. It is far different play a full conference schedule.

Twins groundskeepers gotta be pissed!

For the most part, they are Wisconsin light. Huge line, good running backs, decent defense.

Average weight of NDSU offensive line is 292, Gophers is 310. Not sure I'd call that a huge line - maybe for the conference they are in it's huge?

Now we know you have been smoking the cow manure! They have had a few guys develop into decent players, but they do not have the depth to survive a B1G schedule! Typical example of NDSU fan trolling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now we know you have been smoking the cow manure! They have had a few guys develop into decent players, but they do not have the depth to survive a B1G schedule! Typical example of NDSU fan trolling.

I still stand by my statement. The type of ball they play with deep back depth, they would more than hang in there in the Big Ten. Their O-line the last 6 years has been much stronger and deeper than the Gophers. Being a Gopher season ticket holder and having a kid at NDSU, I have had the chance to watch both teams. I agree, NDSU fans are like Patriot fans. Wouldn't it be great to brag about the Gophers someday the way Bison fans gloat.

Wouldn't it be great to brag about the Gophers someday the way Bison fans gloat.

Gloating about division 2 is embarrassing. It's like the high school JV champs gloating.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

We will never know if they would or not. On any given Saturday, an NDSU or Appalachian State can knock off a power 5 program. It is far different play a full conference schedule.

Nailed it.

It’s kinda crazy if you ask me. NDSU fans expected to win, won, and were excited about it. Do gopher fans want an apology? Do we need a Safe word? If you ever schedule NDSU again, they will show up expecting to win, just the way it is.

2011 was a long time ago . . . Water under the bridge.

Yeah, probably give bama and clemson all sorts of fits too :rolleyes:

NDSU is a cute story. You guys wouldn't do **** in the P5, which is why they'd be dumb to leave the FCS.

I still stand by my statement. The type of ball they play with deep back depth, they would more than hang in there in the Big Ten. Their O-line the last 6 years has been much stronger and deeper than the Gophers. Being a Gopher season ticket holder and having a kid at NDSU, I have had the chance to watch both teams. I agree, NDSU fans are like Patriot fans. Wouldn't it be great to brag about the Gophers someday the way Bison fans gloat.

I am sure you do, but that doesn’t make it ridiculous.

It is one thing to dominate when playing FCS, it makes you think they are the best team ever. The system slants the playing field in the favor of the FBS schools. They get the better players. Give me a list of players that chose NDSU over any real B1G scholarships? Of course they get a few late bloomers that are missed by the big schools, but no real NFL prospect coming out of high school would intentionally attend NDSU!

A quick way to look at it:
How many NDSU players would have gone to the U if they were offered a scholarship out of high school?
Also, how many players currently at the U would have been NDSU’s top recruit if they had signed with them out of high school?

I may be in the minority, but I admire and respect NDSU for what that program has accomplished. I know some local kids from SW MN who went up and played there, and they had nothing but good things to say about the experience.

Is it the same as a major-college D1 program? No. Is living in Minneapolis the same as living in Sioux Falls, South Dakota? No. But each FB program has its own merits, just like each city has its own merits.

At its level, NDSU is the best in the country. Is the Gopher program the best in the country at its level? No.

This is an inescapable fact: NDSU is more successful at its level than the Gopher program is at its level.

Now, you can argue that it's more difficult to win a National Championship at the upper level of D1 - but a National Championship is a National Championship.

The more the Gopher fans take shots at NDSU, the more they expose their own insecurities. As long as the two programs do not play each other, or are not competing to recruit the same players, they are not in competition with each other.

Hypophora run amok.

Ha! Yeah I'm sure they won't be happy about the turf getting chewed up.

I always think it's funny how the Twins groundskeepers will yell at the little kids going around the outfield after the Sunday game if they step foot on the grass, but then they'll play a football game or host a concert and trash the entire outfield.

I always think it's funny how the Twins groundskeepers will yell at the little kids going around the outfield after the Sunday game if they step foot on the grass, but then they'll play a football game or host a concert and trash the entire outfield.

I don't think the grounds keepers get a say on that second part.

I don't think the grounds keepers get a say on that second part.

Right, but then why worry about the little kids. Just know that your field will be trashed in a couple months, so who cares if a 6-year old sets a foot in the outfield.

Right, but then why worry about the little kids. Just know that your field will be trashed in a couple months, so who cares if a 6-year old sets a foot in the outfield.

Just like if my wife drives on the edge of the lawn when she backs out of the garage I just know that's a thing, but I'm gonna tell my kid not to do it because that's something I can do something about.

If they're reasonable about the whole thing I don't know / don't care as far as the groundskeepers go. I never saw that thing happen.

Odds makers would disagree:
2018 NDSU (-7) vs MN on a neutral field. Sagarin 19 (83) vs MN 42 (76), -7 line.

I've always dislike the term national championship at a level that is not Division 1. Just doesn't make sense. You're the winner of flight one, two or three like golf.

Secondly. As a person who went to Augustana, I don't go to games in Sioux Falls. Probably would if they had a game here in the cities. Many of us Auggies would enjoy going to one Auggie game a year to get together etc. North Dakota is no difference.

No doubt much insecurity, egos, etc. among the two programs (Gophers/Bisons). Doesn't help that we played poorly against them so they think they can beat us every year. Furthermore the Bison fans keep bringing up the two lousy games that we played years ago against them. It gets old.

I salute the Bison football team for winning the national Flight two division.

When it comes to the nickname Auggies I only think of Augsburg.

Top Bottom