Shooter: Some 28K tickets have been sold for NDSU-Butler football game at Tgt Field

The novelty must be selling these tickets, cause it’s not like Bultler’s going to be great competition. Too bad it’s not against a quality opponent.

Or, in other words, just like the MVC regular season and the entire D1-AA post-season?

The novelty must be selling these tickets, cause it’s not like Bultler’s going to be great competition. Too bad it’s not against a quality opponent.

Lots of bison alumni in the Twin Cities. Im sure some will love the novelty of a University of North Dakota division II game

You do realize DIII St Thomas and St John’s played at Target Field a couple years ago in front of 3x thousand?

the Pioneer League consists of institutions that choose not to award athletic scholarships ("grants-in-aid") to football players.

There’s more history to it than that, in fact.

It a result of a rule change in 1993. DI basketball schools used to be able to play DIII football. Dayton was the main successful one but there were others too. Then DIII kicked them out. So they had to play in DI-AA, but they refused to offer scholarships. So it’s basically still a bunch of DIII level teams, marooned in FCS. Drake is another one.

Bfd! Another example of the JV schedule that NDSU has every year! And their fans will equate the win to a typically B1G conference win. The Cities is where all the NoDaks go to find a job. Guarantee that 80+% of the tickets go to people that went to school at NDSU or are from ND.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may be in the minority, but I admire and respect NDSU for what that program has accomplished. I know some local kids from SW MN who went up and played there, and they had nothing but good things to say about the experience.

Is it the same as a major-college D1 program? No. Is living in Minneapolis the same as living in Sioux Falls, South Dakota? No. But each FB program has its own merits, just like each city has its own merits.

At its level, NDSU is the best in the country. Is the Gopher program the best in the country at its level? No.

This is an inescapable fact: NDSU is more successful at its level than the Gopher program is at its level.

Now, you can argue that it's more difficult to win a National Championship at the upper level of D1 - but a National Championship is a National Championship.

The more the Gopher fans take shots at NDSU, the more they expose their own insecurities. As long as the two programs do not play each other, or are not competing to recruit the same players, they are not in competition with each other.

I may be in the minority, but I admire and respect NDSU for what that program has accomplished. I know some local kids from SW MN who went up and played there, and they had nothing but good things to say about the experience.

Is it the same as a major-college D1 program? No. Is living in Minneapolis the same as living in Sioux Falls, South Dakota? No. But each FB program has its own merits, just like each city has its own merits.

At its level, NDSU is the best in the country. Is the Gopher program the best in the country at its level? No.

This is an inescapable fact: NDSU is more successful at its level than the Gopher program is at its level.

Now, you can argue that it's more difficult to win a National Championship at the upper level of D1 - but a National Championship is a National Championship.

The more the Gopher fans take shots at NDSU, the more they expose their own insecurities. As long as the two programs do not play each other, or are not competing to recruit the same players, they are not in competition with each other.

You’re right in one vein - the two programs are indeed not in competition with each other. You’re 100% dead wrong in another - theirs is the fan base with massive insecurity issues.

Employing the old “best at its level” measure, Mount Union has won nearly twice as many natties in the past 30 years, and only 2 fewer all time, than the buffs. Go Purple Raiders?!?

Now, back to items of real importance and substance (in this context, of course) . . . I wonder how our QB competition will play out, and whether our late-season defensive improvement will carry over into the 2019 season.

I've always dislike the term national championship at a level that is not Division 1. Just doesn't make sense. You're the winner of flight one, two or three like golf.

Secondly. As a person who went to Augustana, I don't go to games in Sioux Falls. Probably would if they had a game here in the cities. Many of us Auggies would enjoy going to one Auggie game a year to get together etc. North Dakota is no difference.

No doubt much insecurity, egos, etc. among the two programs (Gophers/Bisons). Doesn't help that we played poorly against them so they think they can beat us every year. Furthermore the Bison fans keep bringing up the two lousy games that we played years ago against them. It gets old.

I salute the Bison football team for winning the national Flight two division.

Word is that nearly all of the tickets sold have been to Butler fans. NDSU is going to be playing in a sea of navy blue.

I kinda think that NDSU should have picked a school like SDSU or UND for this game.

I kinda think that NDSU should have picked a school like SDSU or UND for this game.

They’d give up a home conference game for that.

They just turned their least interesting game of the far into one of their most profitable

They’d give up a home conference game for that.

They just turned their least interesting game of the far into one of their most profitable

I don't know about profit, but I'm pretty sure you can't just opt for a new venue for conference games.

Not without some agreement.

I am also surprised Butler has a football team.

I was unaware.

I respect NDSU football. I would probably root for them since it's so many MN kids, but their fans are too obnoxious for me to root for them

I am also surprised Butler has a football team.

I was unaware.

I was surprised Eastern Washington has a football team too. That's who they beat this year in the championship. And yes, I had to look that one up.

Insecurities? LMAO

I wish I could name one team they play or one player on their team.

I know a few NDSU fans and they are so full of themselves. They seriously think they could contend in the Big 10. Deep down they know they wouldn't have a chance, but that's what beating the Eastern Washington's of the world will do.

Target Field has found a nice little niche in letting the little college football programs in the area schedule some games there. Cool!

You do realize DIII St Thomas and St John’s played at Target Field a couple years ago in front of 3x thousand?

Yes I’m well aware, thus my response. That game featured two equally matched teams. NDSU by 40+ over Butler unless they call off the dogs.

NDSU should play all their home games at Target Field. We might finally get Gameday in Minneapolis.

Yes, and Bobby was the best four square player in fifth grade so you should show him some respect.

NDSU is a fine school and it gives an opportunity for many good Minnesota football players to continue playing in college. They have accomplished a lot for their level. The problem is that their fans, as you have, tend to overstate their accomplishments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Target Field has found a nice little niche in letting the little college football programs in the area schedule some games there. Cool!

These small time programs could use a little exposure. Good for them.

Top Bottom