Football Trophy's

Rog

Reaction score
Which one of the four we play for is the one the most desirable to see in our trophy room. To me (you can guess my age) it still is The Jug. The least is the Liberty Bell although

they all are very desirable. The Pig and Ax are tied.

Floyd is number 1 for me followed by the Axe, Jug and then lastly the Liberty Bell.

Which one of the four we play for is the one the most desirable to see in our trophy room. To me (you can guess my age) it still is The Jug. The least is the Liberty Bell although

Definitely the Jug for me as well. The Axe and the hefty oinker are close seconds. I like the bits of broken chair over whatever that Penn State trophy is.

Correct

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I don't even consider the bell a legit trophy. The chair is more legit than the bell.

Axe, pig, jug....in that order.

Axe and pig are most important to the program because it signals we are beating our rivals. The jug is important because it nostalgia and something we rarely have held.

I love these trophy games!

It's The Axe for me since I've been a Gophers fan for only 22 years...starting with the Mason era to today...

In terms of how long we've actually possessed it over the same period, probably should be The Jug.

Maybe it's because Wisconsin is West Michigan...and thus closer to us...making it feel more like the more coveted trophy.

That offered...ALWAYS love having Floyd in the House...I've seen the Pig more than either Jug or Axe over this period.

We play for five trophies. You forgot the chair.

Axe, Jug, Floyd,........then a bowl game trophy........then the chair...............................then the Bell.

1. Axe (by far although winning it 5 times in the next ten yeats would bring it closer to Floyd).

2. Floyd

3. Chair

4. Jug. I understand why but winning it is a novelty and Michigan isn't a real rival.

Any other big ten win (Penn Sate is no different from Illinois et al.)

We play for five trophies. You forgot the chair.

OP was asking about what trophies you most want to see in the "trophy room" though, and that one will not be displayed officially so I don't think you count it in this case.

Axe
Pig
Jug

The other two aren’t real trophies and mean about as much as beating Rutgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Axe (by far although winning it 5 times in the next ten yeats would bring it closer to Floyd).

2. Floyd

3. Chair

4. Jug. I understand why but winning it is a novelty and Michigan isn't a real rival.

Any other big ten win (Penn Sate is no different from Illinois et al.)

Michigan not a rival? We've only played them 103 times.... Yes they have a big advantage in the series, but still...103 times!

Growing up whenever I saw the schedule published in the paper I always looked first for the Jug game. It's still number 1 for me. What really sucks....I've been to every Jug game in Mpls since 1988 and have yet to witness us winning it in person. To me it is the best trophy in college football except for the Heisman. The Axe is second, followed by Floyd. I love them all.

Last edited:

Jug - Best Trophy in College Football
Axe - Our Biggest Rival with Obnoxious Fans
Pig - Who Hates Iowa?
Broken Chair - Love How It Came About.
Bell - Could Go Away

Trophies are different than rivalries:

Trophies:
Jug
Pig
Axe

Rivalries
Wisconsin
Iowa

I honestly think Northwestern or Nebraska is our third biggest rivalry at this point

How many times do we let DM stranded with the shot clock running out ? Almost a guaranteed miss.

Jug - Best Trophy in College Football
Axe - Our Biggest Rival with Obnoxious Fans
Pig - Who Hates Iowa?
Broken Chair - Love How It Came About.
Bell - Could Go Away

Could not have said it better - or more accurately

The Bell is useless.

And it breaks too easily.

I know some say it could go away, but I would sooner keep it at this point just as a low benchmark to show how much better the other trophies are.

It's like a zero on a test.
If you take away the chance for a zero, all of a sudden a 93% won't look good anymore.

Top Bottom