I've Seen Enough

As George Bernard Shaw said: "One does not have to eat an entire barrel of apples to know that it is rotten."
Bravo, old chap!
b29be7e514ccb682f7721c2adbba0cda.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Be prepared to go 0-fer on any of the instate 2020 kids. Not enough time for new coach to build relationships.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Suck my a**. You spent the whole season crying like the little c--t you are. You are a f------g fraud. Your life is obviously meaningless. I never said I wouldn't pass judgement at the end of the season.

I am cheering for the team to win. You're a troll on a message board. You literally only were around when we lost. Don't act like you're some fan with best intentions for the program.

And this dude is telling people their life is meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you. Really bummed, but unless we win the last 3, it's probably time for a change

When you’ve lost WriterGoph, you’ve lost it all. Pitino is done. The evidence is abundant and repetitive. Anyone who thinks this is ever going to change has to be mental. I held out longer than I should have. It’s over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suck my a**. You spent the whole season crying like the little c--t you are. You are a f------g fraud. Your life is obviously meaningless. I never said I wouldn't pass judgement at the end of the season.

I am cheering for the team to win. You're a troll on a message board. You literally only were around when we lost. Don't act like you're some fan with best intentions for the program.

There you go. All I said was this offense sucks and pitino needs to go about 5 games in. You attacked me from the second I said it. I can bring the thread up.

Ewert knows that I should have been afforded that right to post my opinion on that. I just stated it from the beginning of the season because I felt it was obvious yet again despite a couple of wins. .

I called this from the beginning. I could produce a thread where you look like an idiot, but I'll pass.

Thanks for all the kind words when I said Pitino needs to go. I was never rude or disrespectful. At least you've pulled your head out of your ass and have seen the light.

It's disappointing though that you are giving up. They can still make the NCAA's. It's what you have preached to me all year. Why are you giving up?

Last edited:

I wanted to hold onto him too but the combination of his entire coaching time here plus this season with a pretty decent team. It’s just obvious he can’t do it. Even just beat all the terrible teams in the big ten and win the games they have against the better ones and they would have been a lock. Unfortunately, they can’t beat bad squads when they need it

I'm glad you liked it. Honestly, I hope we keep Pitino so you can keep whining for another season. I don't want you to lose your day job.

There you go. All I said was this offense sucks and pitino needs to go. You attacked me from the second I said it. I can bring the thread up.

Ewert knows that I should have been afforded that right. I just stated it from the beginning of the season because I felt it was obvious yet again despite a couple of wins. .

I called this from the beginning. I could produce a thread where you look like an idiot, but I'll pass.

Thanks for all the kind words when I said Pitino needs to go. I was never rude or disrespectful. At least you've pulled your head out of your ass and have seen the light.

It's disappointing though that you are giving up. They can still make the NCAA's. It's what you have preached to me all year. Why are you giving up?

I said outside of them winning the last 3, I'm okay with a change.

Be prepared to go 0-fer on any of the instate 2020 kids. Not enough time for new coach to build relationships.

None of them are committing to Pitino if there's a 60% chance he's getting canned a year from now.

Although this could be 100% true it also could be 100% wrong. Maybe the kid/kids don't like Pitino, maybe they love the new coach, or maybe they just love the U and would come here regardless. I don't know you can say for sure that a new coach would guarantee we don't get any of them. Also should be noted, whoever we would hire does also recruit so not like he may not have a previous relationship with some of these players. For example Jalen Suggs holds an offer from Nevada so Muss has clearly talked to him.

None of them are committing to Pitino if there's a 60% chance he's getting canned a year from now.

Let’s be honest none of the ones worth having are committing either way until this team starts to win. If Im a top notch recruit and I watch this team lose games to garbage like Rutgers and Nebraska, I’m probably not coming here either

Let’s be honest none of the ones worth having are committing either way until this team starts to win. If Im a top notch recruit and I watch this team lose games to garbage like Rutgers and Nebraska, I’m probably not coming here either

Unless we hire a new coach who has a rookie season miracle performance, you are very likely right. Players with lots of high level offers don't want to go to a school that is still a year or two away.

Once a coach is on the hot seat, its time to make a move. Recruiting at that point is adversely affected

Well, maybe they can win the last three. They are in almost every dam game lately down to the wire.

Haha. Yah against the teams they should be by double Digits. The eye test says this team is NIT or even no bid at all. They suck right now

May go ofer anyway. The number one reason players pick a program is the coach. Number two is playing time. The coach factor is how much do you win, how well do you develop players. Most kids pick their best offer. Outside of the kid who simply dreamed of playing for the state team the best players are going to pick the best coaches. That is true for every prospect from anywhere. Ask yourself if you had offers from the top 5-6 coaches in every conference would you buy into the vision that Pitino sells ? Does anyone think he will win a conference title here. Other coaches are pointing out how often they win and how often we lose.

I really wanted Pitino to succeed but it's way past obvious that this team is poorly coached on both ends of the floor, the roster is poorly managed and recruiting is going poorly. When the coach is in the dead man walking phase it's very damaging to the program and things need to be resolved as quickly as possible. I hope that Coyle has his candidate as soon as Pitino is let go. I hope it's Musselman and they are willing to pay him what it takes to get him here.

Disagree....if you pick the right coach who brings enthusiasm back to the program you have a better chance at getting those top 4 recruits. Are you saying he wouldn't be able to get any recruits in his second class (2020)? Because the same reasoning would mean he wouldn't be able to build relationships with any of those kids either. Hopefully a new coach would make it priority to build a relationship quickly with those top Minnesota kids....including calling Matthew Hurt (I know that is a very very long shot, but I would still make the call and talk to the family). I remember the day Travis made his announcement, there were a lot of people who thought he was going to choose the U.

Once a coach is on the hot seat, its time to make a move. Recruiting at that point is adversely affected

Yep. We are now where Dan Monson was in March 2006. Dead coach walking. Don't let it happen Coyle.

Yep. We are now where Dan Monson was in March 2006. Dead coach walking. Don't let it happen Coyle.

Agree, keeping Pitino another year would only be done to save money but not sure it offsets 3,000 to 5,000 lost season ticket holders that may not come back.

Agree, keeping Pitino another year would only be done to save money but not sure it offsets 3,000 to 5,000 lost season ticket holders that may not come back.

Regardless of the coach, next years team could easily go 0 for 20 in the big ten. Three quality starters, but that’s it. And no bench once again. The other teams are moving forward while Pitino has the gophers going backwards with respect to the roster. Well, except for maybe NW.

Great time to make a change.

Regardless of the coach, next years team could easily go 0 for 20 in the big ten. Three quality starters, but that’s it. And no bench once again. The other teams are moving forward while Pitino has the gophers going backwards with respect to the roster. Well, except for maybe NW.

Great time to make a change.

I think that's over the top, Oturu, Gabe, Coffey and a real PG isn't an awful base. But I'm very concerned about depth with 3-5 spots to fill.

I think that's over the top, Oturu, Gabe, Coffey and a real PG isn't an awful base. But I'm very concerned about depth with 3-5 spots to fill.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if IW transferred. That would mean we'd be losing Murphy, Dupree, IW, Stockman and Stull. That's a lot of empty roster spots, and we only have one current player signed. That's why I'm really hoping for Hoiberg or Mussleman. They have proven to be able to land good/great transfers. I have little faith in Carr and Willis, hopefully they'll prove me wrong. But we need bodies. At this point I only trust Oturu, Gabe and Coffey. Curry has never looked 100%.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if IW transferred. That would mean we'd be losing Murphy, Dupree, IW, Stockman and Stull. That's a lot of empty roster spots, and we only have one current player signed. That's why I'm really hoping for Hoiberg or Mussleman. They have proven to be able to land good/great transfers. I have little faith in Carr and Willis, hopefully they'll prove me wrong. But we need bodies. At this point I only trust Oturu, Gabe and Coffey. Curry has never looked 100%.

Curry needs more rehab time.

IW is gone. He would be smart to leave. He could really use a redshirt year and a new coach because Pitino isnt getting threw to him

Top Bottom