Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default I've Seen Enough

I've long been a supporter of Richard Pitino, and I still think it was the right move to fire Tubby. But I've seen enough of the Pitino era. Having this poor of a shooting team is unacceptable. Continuing to start Coffey at PG is unacceptable. There is some good, young talent on this team starting with Oturu, and the roster is in better shape going forward than it was when Pitino took over. But it's time to move on. 6 years is enough for a college basketball coach to show more success than Pitino has. Hire Nate Oats or TJ Otzelberger.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    I've long been a supporter of Richard Pitino, and I still think it was the right move to fire Tubby. But I've seen enough of the Pitino era. Having this poor of a shooting team is unacceptable. Continuing to start Coffey at PG is unacceptable. There is some good, young talent on this team starting with Oturu, and the roster is in better shape going forward than it was when Pitino took over. But it's time to move on. 6 years is enough for a college basketball coach to show more success than Pitino has. Hire Nate Oats or TJ Otzelberger.
    Nate Oats would instill a toughness on the defensive end that we'd appreciate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Also, the flopping to try and draw fouls has gotten out of hand. I get it, they're such a bad shooting team, they're trying to get to the line for easier points. Except they can't make free throws either. Enough is enough.

Blog Entries

We'll see how the last 4 games go, but I maintain if we miss the NCAA's it's time for Richard to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    I'm with you, I've seen enough, I think we know what we've got at this point, time to try something new. I could get behind Oats or Otzelberger (or Hoiberg or Mussleman or ....?).

Default I've Seen Enough

Without a tourney bid I donít see how you bring back Pitino.

Already having a tough time selling tickets. More than likely Gophers will be picked to finish bottom half of the conference next year.

Donít see how the AD could even consider trying to sell the fan base on another year of Pitino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree here... I'm glad Richard got his chance, but let's face it. No more excuses. 6 years is enough time to mold your team into what you want, and I honestly don't see any rhyme or reason to his roster at all. I don't see anything that separates Pitino from the average coach. Glad he was our coach, glad he got his chance, but time to move on.

I just hope that Richard punishes IW for Amir Coffey's performance tonight.

Beilein is so good. Must be fun to cheer for a well-coached team.

Quote Originally Posted by topos View Post
    Funny!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GopherVotary View Post
    Beilein is so good. Must be fun to cheer for a well-coached team.
    We got Tubby the same year they got Beilein. We thought we won that one.

Quote Originally Posted by topos View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    I'm with you, I've seen enough, I think we know what we've got at this point, time to try something new. I could get behind Oats or Otzelberger (or Hoiberg or Mussleman or ....?).
    I just don't think Mussleman is an option, or that Hoiberg's heart is in the college game. I think Oats and Otzelberger are two of the best young coaches out there.

I agree with most that has been posted here. But are grasping at straws with Oats and Otzelberger? I am Ok moving on from Pitino if we miss the tourney, but not sure I want to just move on to move on - hoping a young coach hits. Maybe Oats, he's obviously had some success. Not sure Mussleman or Hoiberg are even remotely possible, but can't we shoot high?

Quote Originally Posted by BballJones View Post
    I agree with most that has been posted here. But are grasping at straws with Oats and Otzelberger? I am Ok moving on from Pitino if we miss the tourney, but not sure I want to just move on to move on - hoping a young coach hits. Maybe Oats, he's obviously had some success. Not sure Mussleman or Hoiberg are even remotely possible, but can't we shoot high?
    Well, if you watch Buffalo, that team plays hard and really hits the boards. Agree that Hoiberg would be the star candidate but I'd settle for any quality mid-major coach who has paid his dues and has shown some good team play.