Gophers to host Louisiana Ragin Cajuns on September 30, 2023

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe when the Rajin Cajuns take the field at TCF Bank Stadium in 2023 they will pull into a tie with Indiana among the most played opponents in the history of our stadium.

Now I want some Cajun chicken pasta... &#55357;&#56880;

Wonder if the Ragin Cajuns will be any good that year? I remember we played them about 15 years ago and Thomas Tapeh stood out and the rest of the team were dominant too.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I just looked at the cross over division games in 2023 and opponents will be Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State. Might be a tough year.

Wonder if the Ragin Cajuns will be any good that year? I remember we played them about 15 years ago and Thomas Tapeh stood out and the rest of the team were dominant too.

Almost no one on either team today still will be (except some of the incoming freshmen). Hard to say...

Last edited:

I just looked at the cross over division games in 2023 and opponents will be Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State. Might be a tough year.
They might all stink by then too. [emoji28]

In case anyone is wondering, the full 2023 schedule is (in order):
Nebraska
Eastern Michigan
at North Carolina
Michigan
LA Lafayette
at Purdue
at Northwestern
Michigan State
at Iowa
Illinois
at Ohio State
wisconsin

Apparently we are paying $1.3 mil.

Unless the P5 want to decide to only play six home/homes against each other every year, this is the pound of flesh that G5 schools are able to demand for these buy games. And seems like all P5 demand seven home games, so a I guess not any time soon.

Unless the P5 want to decide to only play six home/homes against each other every year, this is the pound of flesh that G5 schools are able to demand for these buy games. And seems like all P5 demand seven home games, so a I guess not any time soon.

It should be noted that this system... also is what keeps programs like the Ragin-Cajuns afloat. A lot of teams programs simply would fold without this system.

They have more RBs in the league than the U. (Elijah McGuire NYJ).

Also, Jay Johnson's team before coming to the U.

It should be noted that this system... also is what keeps programs like the Ragin-Cajuns afloat. A lot of teams programs simply would fold without this system.

Or at least, keeps them in FBS.

I would say the bottom 10% of FBS, in terms of budget, could easily argue that they should be playing in FCS.

In fact, Louisiana-Monroe (different school than the Rajun Cajuns, but same conference) has a smaller budget than several FCS teams.

Wish this was a 2-for-1 a la Middle Tennessee. I missed out on the '02 trip to Lafayette.

Nothing stopping the scheduling of more non-con P5 match ups.

this will be a good match up for our rebuilding year

Wish this was a 2-for-1 a la Middle Tennessee. I missed out on the '02 trip to Lafayette.

I enjoyed the '02 trip to Lafayette. Hit up Tabasco on Avery Island. Awesome place to visit. Game had some rain but it was warm. Gophers controlled the game... but started slow.

Their offense wasn't very good. Only TD for them was a special team ko or punt return TD.

2002 Gophers vs Lafayette

I want to go back. But will have to be at tigers game in the town of the little red stick.

GM

Last edited:

So with the nine game BIGTEN season, are we to expect a non-con schedule with a MAC team, a mid-P5, "recruiting" game and some FBS grout?
Frankly, I'd like to see us develop a bit of a rivalry with a mid-P5 school with some geographical / demographic ties.

Top Bottom