Quad 1 Wins for teams in my latest Field of 68

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Here's a look at the number of Quad 1 wins every team in my latest Field of 68 projection has. A Big Ten team leads the way. Keep in mind, I update the Field of 68 once a week (Mondays), so I don't change any teams until the following Monday.

Michigan State

Kansas (at-large)

Kentucky (at-large)
Marquette (at-large)
Mississippi State (at-large)
Virginia (at-large)

Duke
Purdue (at-large)
Wisconsin (at-large)

Kansas State
LSU (at-large)
Maryland (at-large)
Michigan (at-large)
North Carolina (at-large)
Saint John's (at-large)

Florida State (at-large)
Iowa State (at-large)

Arizona State (at-large)
Baylor (at-large)
Gonzaga
Iowa (at-large)
Louisville (at-large)
Ohio State (at-large)
Ole Miss (at-large)
Tennessee
Texas (at-large)
Texas Tech (at-large)
Villanova

Buffalo
Cincinnati (at-large)
Houston
Minnesota (at-large)
Oklahoma (at-large)
Seton Hall (at-large)
Syracuse (at-large)
Virginia Tech (at-large)

Alabama (at-large)
Belmont (at-large)
Butler (at-large)
Lipscomb
VCU
Wofford

Auburn (at-large)
Bucknell
Furman (at-large)
NC State (at-large)
Old Dominion
Radford
TCU (at-large)
UC-Irvine
Washington

Hofstra
Loyola-Chicago
Montana
Murray State
Nevada (at-large)
New Mexico State
Norfolk State
Northern Kentucky
Prairie View A&M
Quinnipiac
Saint Francis-Pa
Sam Houston State
South Dakota State
Texas State
UCF (at-large)
Vermont
Yale

First 4 Out's Quad 1 Wins
Florida (3)
Clemson (1)
Temple (1)
Utah State (1)

I know that Mich, Purdue, and Maryland are all Q1 but is NW or Rutgers?

I know that Mich, Purdue, and Maryland are all Q1 but is NW or Rutgers?

As of right now, no.

A Quad1 game is either a home game against a team with a Net Ranking sub 30 and below, or an away game against a team with a Net Ranking of sub 75 and below.

Right now, Northwestern and Rutgers are outside of the Top 75 Net Rankings

Unfortunately, I can see Iowa dropping outside the Top 30 after this week, which means we will have one less Quad1 win

Unfortunately, I can see Iowa dropping outside the Top 30 after this week, which means we will have one less Quad1 win

Good point.

Which is exactly why when I hear people saying they want Wisconsin and Iowa (2 of our 3 Quad 1 wins) to lose games, I think to myself, "No we don't." At least until the Gophers clear themselves from the bubble, we need those wins to look as strong as possible.

Good point.

Which is exactly why when I hear people saying they want Wisconsin and Iowa (2 of our 3 Quad 1 wins) to lose games, I think to myself, "No we don't." At least until the Gophers clear themselves from the bubble, we need those wins to look as strong as possible.

If we are trying to back in we want Iowa and Wisconsin to win.

Honestly if we win 3 games including BTT we are in.
If we don’t, we don’t deserve to get in

We never want Iowa and Wisconsin win ever

The floating rankings is stupid. Nebraska was a different team than they are now. That was a good win. Iowa was a good win no matter what they do the rest of the season, same with Wisconsin and Washington.

The floating rankings is stupid. Nebraska was a different team than they are now. That was a good win. Iowa was a good win no matter what they do the rest of the season, same with Wisconsin and Washington.

I agree in regards to Nebraska.

I have no major problem with categorizing wins and losses based on quadrants; however, I do quibble with using the NET rankings to determine what was a Quad1. Iowa's been ranked in the Top 25 for most of the season. Chances are, they will finish in the Top 25 or have 5th highest "other receiving votes," meaning that they will be in the Top 30 in the eyes of AP voters. Nevertheless, Iowa's NET Ranking might be 31 by the end of the year. If so, pretty foolish to categorize that win as less than a Quad1.

Another gripe I have is that the Quad system does not capture the minutia. A team could be 0-5 in Quad1 games, but all 5 of those losses could have come against AP ranked teams. The Quad1 record would fail to capture that detail

I agree in regards to Nebraska.

I have no major problem with categorizing wins and losses based on quadrants; however, I do quibble with using the NET rankings to determine what was a Quad1. Iowa's been ranked in the Top 25 for most of the season. Chances are, they will finish in the Top 25 or have 5th highest "other receiving votes," meaning that they will be in the Top 30 in the eyes of AP voters. Nevertheless, Iowa's NET Ranking might be 31 by the end of the year. If so, pretty foolish to categorize that win as less than a Quad1.

Another gripe I have is that the Quad system does not capture the minutia. A team could be 0-5 in Quad1 games, but all 5 of those losses could have come against AP ranked teams. The Quad1 record would fail to capture that detail

The quad rankings are a problem for me because it values a home win against duke as no more impressive than a road win against yale

Top Bottom