***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD***

Otis

Reaction score
Couldn't resist starting this thread early!

Great chance tonight for the Gophers to stamp their ticket to the dance with a big win!

Let's hope the baskets look as big to the Gophers as they did vs. Indiana!

Go Gophers!

Last edited:

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets goooooo!! Amped to be there tonight, its a great opportunity to get a big win and see how well we can play against top competition like we will see in the tourney.

Huge won at The Barn tonight. Fans need to plan ahead and get there early! Students have been great the past few home games, need them tonight again. Very excited to see how we perform. Winnable game @ Home!!!!

Going to need Coffey to step up early, the usual from Murphy and Oturu to stay out of foul trouble. If Dupree can knock down a few shots and Gabe gets good looks, we win. I believe!

Really excited to find out who isn't playing for Michigan tonight. That could be an amazing list.

Being told Bill Freider will not be pacing the sidelines tonite. Also told Michigan will not have a front line that includes any of the following: Roy Tarpley, Phil Hubbard, or Tim McCormick.

A raucous crowd carries the home team to a nail biter last second win 65-64. The B10 officials acknowledge we were screwed at NE and we get a couple of calls down the stretch; keeping Tourney hopes alive.

Student here with an honest question that none of us can agree on. If the Gophers win (knocking on every piece of wood I can find) is it worthy of a court storm? I'm leaning towards no, but it could definitely depend on the nature of the win as well.

Student here with an honest question that none of us can agree on. If the Gophers win (knocking on every piece of wood I can find) is it worthy of a court storm? I'm leaning towards no, but it could definitely depend on the nature of the win as well.

I think we should act like we are capable of knocking off the #7 team in the country on our home court as a five point underdog and it not being an aberration. My opinion.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen.

Last edited:

I think we should act like we are capable of knocking off the #7 team in the country on our home court as a five point underdog and it not being an aberration. My opinion.

That was my line of thinking as well. I think the only way we should is if it's a win on a buzzer beater.

That was my line of thinking as well. I think the only way we should is if it's a win on a buzzer beater.

let's be honest though. a win tonight would all but solidify a NCAA Tournament birth.. (imo, if we did win tonight, all we would have to do is win one of our remaining 4 to clinch)

we have been so inconsistent this year. I plan on watching through my fingers. Please let it be a good showing

Here's hoping after the storming the court tonight we can have a thread tomorrow on whether it was right or wrong! lol

let's be honest though. a win tonight would all but solidify a NCAA Tournament birth.. (imo, if we did win tonight, all we would have to do is win one of our remaining 4 to clinch)
No. We do this and then lose in the first round of the BIG tourney. We will not get in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Being told Bill Freider will not be pacing the sidelines tonite. Also told Michigan will not have a front line that includes any of the following: Roy Tarpley, Phil Hubbard, or Tim McCormick.

A raucous crowd carries the home team to a nail biter last second win 65-64. The B10 officials acknowledge we were screwed at NE and we get a couple of calls down the stretch; keeping Tourney hopes alive.

If you think for one minute that B1G officials have a conscience, u r sorely mistaken my friend.

I think there should be more court storming.

No. We do this and then lose in the first round of the BIG tourney. We will not get in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's a pretty arbitrary thing to say. If we won tonight and say beat Maryland on the road we would definitely get in regardless of the outcome of the B1G tournament.

I would argue that we'd unquestionably get in if we won tonight and beat Northwestern on the road, regardless of our B1G Tournament results

No. If Michigan were ranked number 1 and we had a 20 game losing streak to them then yes.

I think the Gophers still need to get to 10 regular season conference wins to get in.

I think the Gophers still need to get to 10 regular season conference wins to get in.
really? most people agree that 9 wins will likely do it this year.

Do you have the Gophers out then? considering the Gophers will not be favored in any game the rest of the season, that's a tall ask for the Gophers to get 3 more wins

really? most people agree that 9 wins will likely do it this year.

Do you have the Gophers out then? considering the Gophers will not be favored in any game the rest of the season, that's a tall ask for the Gophers to get 3 more wins

I think nine wins could do it especially with one win in the tourney, but ending with eight or nine including tourney wins would have me nervous.
Let’s see the W tonight and get on a roll :)

If only.

We win tonight and they will get on a roll and finish with 10 or 11 wins. We win one of this one and Purdue, then take care of business against R and NW and we are in as a LOCK.

We win tonight and they will get on a roll and finish with 10 or 11 wins. We win one of this one and Purdue, then take care of business against R and NW and we are in as a LOCK.

Winning at Rutgers isn’t a guarantee I don’t think. We might still be favored, but I don’t think they’re a sure win anymore. Granted we beat them by 18 here, so there’s still a good chance.

6pm start? wow, good thing I didn’t attempt to go, would have been looking for tix close to 7pm [emoji2357]

Crowd looks very empty. Gophers should have made sure this wasn't a 6pm game.

Coffey 0-4 to start is not what the doctor ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of forced shots early plus subpar defense. Not a good combination.

Top Bottom