***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD***

I don't agree with that. We finished 18-15 (including the Big Ten tournament) in 2015 and didn't get into the NIT. Maryland was 19-13 last year and didn't get in.

People always think the NIT is like it was in 1998 when every Power 5 team over .500 got in. Now at least half the bids go to smaller conferences and 1-2 teams from each power 5 make it (maybe 3-4 from the Pac 10 who will only have like 2 NCAA teams.)

Pitino the most unlucky coach in American. None of this is his fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you know the old saying "I'd rather be lucky than good." Pitino is neither lucky nor good.

People always think the NIT is like it was in 1998 when every Power 5 team over .500 got in. Now at least half the bids go to smaller conferences and 1-2 teams from each power 5 make it (maybe 3-4 from the Pac 10 who will only have like 2 NCAA teams.)

There are at least around 10 automatic bids every year (from smaller conferences) and sometimes as many as 15. They also cut the tournament down from 40+ to 32 teams about a dozen years ago.

Last edited:

There are at least around 10 automatic bids every year and sometimes as many as 15.

You basically have to be on or at least near the NCAA bubble to make the NIT. 9-11 gets us there. 8-12 doubtful but maybe. 7-13 zero chance.

Jesus Coffey. Chance to get within 10, plays hero ball and now it's 15.

Coffey just went 1 on 3 and Michigan comes down and hits the 3. Can’t make it up.

Worst. Transition. Team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We can still get this under 10 and help the NET. Let's go.

lol that is typical Coffey... Drive with throw up a brick at 1 feet in.

IW took one bad shot and got welded to the bench again. I'm done with Richard and his doghouse.

We only have 1 guard who can shoot 3's and MI. has their bigs killing us from 3.

Amir have a horrible night making decisions.... very selfish

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gophers should refund everyone who bought tickets. Pathetic performance by everyone but Murphy and Oturu. Least amount of fun I can remember having at a game in a while.

Just seems like the game plan sucks yet no one is capable of adjusting.

A GopherHoler put it best on the game day thread for the last Badgers game. People were perplexed at how WI can be so good consistently and the GHer stated "Richard recruits athletes and WI recruits basketball players"

There's no doubt we could beat the Badgers is just pure physical skills (faster, stronger, jump higher, quicker, etc.). But that doesn't win games. We are just a bunch of misfit athletes who can't put the ball in the cylinder - and ultimately that's what wins games.

Top Bottom