Kill-Fleck controversy got me thinking...

Naturally there's a lot of sniping on this board, but coach Kill is twice the XO guy that PJ Fleck is, and a heck of a motivator besides. And he got us from the depths of Brewster to the exhilaration of the Citrus Bowl. So anybody who wants to cut him down or belittle his accomplishments doesn't deserve one second of your time.

And I say this as someone who expects Fleck to win a lot of games in Minnesota.

Um, the interim Texas Tech staff made JK look like a high school coach in the 2012 bowl game. Tuberville resigned at the end of regular season to take Cincinnati job and their Oline coach took over. I was there to witness that collapse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. Period. PJ has the best 3 quarterbacks on one team the Gophers ever have assembled. The O line could be the best in 30 or 40 years.

Key words there are "could be." The line with Esslinger and Setterstrom was a really good O-line. the current group has potential. Let's see how they perform.

It got me thinking about ole' Jer, who I really loved. Which got me thinking about all he did for our program. Which led me to look for the video of the 2014 Citrus Bowl Game vs. Missouri. Which gave me the opportunity to relive this golden Maxx moment in Gopher fb history, which made me smile, which I now share with y'all so that we can have a moment of joy as we await the upcoming season.

Go to 1:14:10 and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7OwRTT-5-g

Can't watch that without smiling....and Leidner 13 of 14 is cool too! Thx!

You just moved to Minnesota? 30 or 40 years? What about Glen Mason's O lines? You are calling a kid that has not played 1 snap a best QB ever?

I did like the Setterstrom line of Mason's. And, I saw all those guys play in person. I go back to Memorial Stadium days and although it was fun to watch the run attack under Mason, the pass attack often underperformed because of all the scrambling going on in the backfield. I think Minnesota has had such an anemic pass offense over the last 6 decades that nobody in Minnesota knows what a passing offense looks like. I think we are about to see that change.

And, I never said the new kid would be the best ever, I just think he is a better quarterback coming in than we have ever recruited before. I think potentially the 3 quarterbacks here under Fleck may be the best 3 on campus to ever be on the same team. It is an opinion. Unproven. Don't get your undies in a bunch because you may think differently.

NDSU (no matter what score was)
Michigan (0-58)
Purdue (17-45)
any game against Wisconsin.
Agree on ndsu and Purdue but Michigan and Wisconsin were at least decent teams.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Kill never had games like this year's Purdue, Wisky and Ga Tech games. NEVER. And he never recruited QBs or lineman or receivers like PJ has.

In 2014 we beat Iowa, Nebraska, and Michigan.

Top Bottom