Rand: Answers we seek: Will MN make the Tournament and will Pitino keep his job

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per RandBall:

Gophers men’s basketball

The answers we seek: Is this team going to make the NCAA tournament, and is Richard Pitino going to keep his job?

Clarity will arrive: Within a month, and possibly as soon as this week. The Gophers won’t sink their NCAA hopes with a home loss against Michigan on Thursday, but knocking off the No. 7 Wolverines would give Minnesota a much clearer path to the Big Dance. Pitino’s fate might not be intertwined with making the tournament, but it’s obviously much easier to envision him being dismissed if he misses the tourney again when bids are announced in less than a month on St. Patrick’s Day.

http://www.startribune.com/were-abo...ut-gophers-wild-wolves-and-vikings/506114682/

Go Gophers!!

per RandBall:

Gophers men’s basketball

The answers we seek: Is this team going to make the NCAA tournament, and is Richard Pitino going to keep his job?

Clarity will arrive: Within a month, and possibly as soon as this week. The Gophers won’t sink their NCAA hopes with a home loss against Michigan on Thursday, but knocking off the No. 7 Wolverines would give Minnesota a much clearer path to the Big Dance. Pitino’s fate might not be intertwined with making the tournament, but it’s obviously much easier to envision him being dismissed if he misses the tourney again when bids are announced in less than a month on St. Patrick’s Day.

http://www.startribune.com/were-abo...ut-gophers-wild-wolves-and-vikings/506114682/

Go Gophers!!
I saw the Purdue v Indiana game. The announcers were talking about Indiana making the dance. I'll state right now that there is no way Indiana makes the dance and Minnesota misses the dance...unless Indiana runs the table in the B1G tournament.

I saw the Purdue v Indiana game. The announcers were talking about Indiana making the dance. I'll state right now that there is no way Indiana makes the dance and Minnesota misses the dance...unless Indiana runs the table in the B1G tournament.

I think that was before Indiana lost that game. They'd have to likely win out in the Big Ten now to have any shot.

Top Bottom