Minnesota Recruits of 2020

Otis

Reaction score
First, How many Scholarships do we have for 2020?

How do you feel our chances are at getting these studs to stay at home?

National Rank / Name / Height / Position / Links to Minnesota team / % chance to sign

10 / Jalen Suggs / 6'5" / PG / "Cousin" of Tre Williams 2019 recruit / 30%

30 / Dawson Garcia / 6' 11" / PF / ????????????? / ??

50 / Dain Danja / 6' 8" / C / ????????????? / ??

70 / Ben Carlson / 6' 9" / PF / ??????????? / ??

157 / Kerwin Walton / 6' 4" / SG / ???????????? / ??

I don't pretend to know where any of these guys are leaning towards, hopefully all are Minnesota leans.

At least none of them go to Lakeville North!

Who do you think we have a chance at?

Suggs 20%
Garcia 10 %
Dainja 50%
Carlson 5%
Walton-not even a guess

Suggs-20%
Garcia-75%
Dainja-100%
Carlson-???
Walton-100%

I find the height listings interesting and I really have no idea if Dainja is 6-8 or the 6-10 he is listed at. Omersa was listed as 6-8 on his high school roster and is now 6-6. I hate when teenagers shrink. Garcia looks to be at least 6-9, Carlson is probably 6-8.

we currently have 2 spots slated to be open, but it with 4 available, if we do any grad transfers, could be more

(Coffey/Hurt) are only scholarship juniors

I think Garcia is really interested. I remember a couple quotes from him saying that getting an offer from the Gophers was a dream of his that he was excited to be ruined by us. Plus I don’t think he’s a priority recruit for any blue bloods yet, though I saw 247’s newest rankings have him as a 5 star, so maybe that’ll pick up.

we currently have 2 spots slated to be open, but it with 4 available, if we do any grad transfers, could be more

(Coffey/Hurt) are only scholarship juniors

I thought I saw on here in some thread that Hurt was looking to graduate early.

Suggs-30%
Garcia-60% I thought I seen that he suffered a stress fracture in his foot recently and hastn been playing?
Dainja-15% i don't have a good feeling about this one
Carlson-20%
Walton-90%
Hadley-90% lets not forget about this guy...he is going to be a high major guy and i hope we don't forget about him. 6'6" shooter...take him all day long
Madsen Twins? hasn't one of these guys been really really good this year? not sure if they will be high major guys but again should for sure keep on eye on them

not that we will have 5 open scholarships but this 2020 class of MN guys we could fill every position...
PG-Suggs
SG-Walton
SF-Hadley
PF-Garcia & Carlson
C-Dainja

Last edited:

If the blue bloods are paying attention, they'll go after Garcia. He is in the same category as Suggs IMO.

I'd be very happy getting Garcia and Walton out of this class.

Suggs - 0%
Garcia - 0%
Dainja - 0%
Carlson - 0%
Walton - 0%
Hadley - 0%
Madsen Twins - 0%

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Suggs-25% - Related to Williams so that will help
Garcia-10% - Hasn't played in a month with a stress fracture, still in a boot last night. PL has not needed him as Jones has gone OFF. Probably more like 6'9 or 6'10. Guessing he plays at a prep academy next year.
Dainja-100% - I think his dad played here, Not sure he is 6'8"
Carlson-0% - Wisc.
Walton-100%

Last edited:

I find the height listings interesting and I really have no idea if Dainja is 6-8 or the 6-10 he is listed at. Omersa was listed as 6-8 on his high school roster and is now 6-6. I hate when teenagers shrink. Garcia looks to be at least 6-9, Carlson is probably 6-8.

Is Omersa really only 6'6 though? Looks like he was barely taller than Race Thompson so I wouldn't doubt it. Murph is only 6'7

Why would a top 100 recruit go to a prep academy? That doesn't sound like a good move for someone who may play some more his senior season.

PL will be thin next year on talent. What does he have to prove his senior year, averaging over 30 and 10 boards a game.

Why would a top 100 recruit go to a prep academy? That doesn't sound like a good move for someone who may play some more his senior season.

More exposure or a handler trying to steer him in another direction. Gary Trent, Rashad Vaughan, and the guy from Grand Rapids are three from Minnesota recently who went that direction.

Anything with Suggs higher than 5% is ridiculous.

Probably have a decent shot at all the others. Dainja is our best bet.

If Suggs decides to play hoops, he may reclassify. Depends on his pro prospects but even if he ends up playing 2 years college its a better way to prepare and get exposure than a year of high school ball and a year in college.

I think a lot of top 10 kids should reclassify though.

Suggs-30%
Garcia-60% I thought I seen that he suffered a stress fracture in his foot recently and hastn been playing?
Dainja-15% i don't have a good feeling about this one
Carlson-20%
Walton-90%
Hadley-90% lets not forget about this guy...he is going to be a high major guy and i hope we don't forget about him. 6'6" shooter...take him all day long

Agreed, I would rather have Hadley over Walton imo. I think Walton is maybe a little more refined, but I also think his game is limited due to atheticism. Hadley has really come on as a shooter and player who can attack the rim. He would be a perfect wing type player for us that can score inside and outside. He is visiting yet again tomorrow night against Michigan...have to think an offer is coming soon(which would be his first).

Suggs-25% - Related to Williams so that will help
Garcia-10% - Hasn't played in a month with a stress fracture, still in a boot last night. PL has not needed him as Jones has gone OFF. Probably more like 6'9 or 6'10. Guessing he plays at a prep academy next year.
Dainja-100% - I think his dad played here, Not sure he is 6'8"
Carlson-0% - Wisc.
Walton-100%

I have to think that this would help us. Sad to say... but the Blue Bloods probably back off if they have any injury concerns. Wasn't Coffey projected to get some bigger offers before his injury in HS?

Agreed, I would rather have Hadley over Walton imo. I think Walton is maybe a little more refined, but I also think his game is limited due to atheticism. Hadley has really come on as a shooter and player who can attack the rim. He would be a perfect wing type player for us that can score inside and outside. He is visiting yet again tomorrow night against Michigan...have to think an offer is coming soon(which would be his first).

yup! love his game...have only seen him play twice in person this year....and the guy can score in a bunch of different ways!

Just seems like a perfect guy to come in and compete for the starting SF spot that Coffey will be leaving open

Is Omersa really only 6'6 though? Looks like he was barely taller than Race Thompson so I wouldn't doubt it. Murph is only 6'7

Omersa is a good inch or two taller than Murphy, I think a legit 6'7.

I have to think that this would help us. Sad to say... but the Blue Bloods probably back off if they have any injury concerns. Wasn't Coffey projected to get some bigger offers before his injury in HS?

and stress fractures on big guys can be a real pain in the butt to get healed.

I don't know what going on with Garcia. I know he was in a boot last night when PL played and crushed Eagan. I think/heard he has a stress fracture but I don't know.

Coffey was a 5 star at one point, I believe it was before his injury.

Top Bottom