If I turn on a radio sports program today in the twin cities

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Would it be possible to get any insight on the Kill quotes or fans calling in to hear their opinions?

Or will it be the regular farts, giggles, jokes and politics?

Anyone know?

Would it be possible to get any insight on the Kill quotes or fans calling in to hear their opinions?

Or will it be the regular farts, giggles, jokes and politics?

Anyone know?

I was driving to work at 0530 this morning when the morning show started and they lead with this and talked about it my whole drive in. I would assume the afternoon shows would talk about it too and actual take calls. 9-12 will talk about vikings or wild. PA sucks when it's not NFL season.

A snowstorm and a Dinktytown Drama?
Barrerio isn't going to be able to control himself.

Turned on PA for a couple of minutes the other day. They were talking about the AAF.
Barreiro did a long rant on the Kirk Cousins quote about how nice Miami is.

That is Twin Cities sports talk in a nutshell.

Turned on PA for a couple of minutes the other day. They were talking about the AAF.
Barreiro did a long rant on the Kirk Cousins quote about how nice Miami is.

That is Twin Cities sports talk in a nutshell.

Barreiro will rant on anyone or anything that is monotonous or the same thing.

Yet today he will do episode 700 on a snowstorm. it's riveting radio, and I suggest you tune and not miss it. It's cute when he does the monotonous stuff.

I remember well when Barreiro when off on a long rant and ended it with a question to Lou Nanne. Lou had no clue what he was talking about as he was all over the board with his rant. So when I think of Barreiro I think of his long rants that makes no sense at times that he is famous for.

I didn't know there was such a thing as sports radio in the Twin Cities.

Skor North the new 1500 is even worse than before. Honestly yesterday I listened for over an hour and it was an hour on Viking Hypothetical. They are just completely pandering toward Viking fans. I cannot believe the data and research show that in February in the middle of College BB, NBA, and Hockey that talking Vikings all day every day is successful. I am in my car enough my Sirius subscription is worth it. I know most on here despise him and I am certainly not the biggest fan but Ruesse would talk Baseball, Gophers, heck even MIAC often. Grant it, most was with a snark but at least it was not Kirk Cousins 3 and 10 completion percentage when the sun sets before 500pm and it was overcast that day.

Last edited:

Skor North the new 1500 is even worse than before. Honestly yesterday I listened for over an hour and it was an hour on Viking Hypothetical. They are just completely pandering toward Viking fans. I cannot believe the data and research show that in February in the middle of College BB, NBA, and Hockey that talking Vikings all day every day is successful. I am in my car enough my Sirius subscription is worth it. I know most on here despise him and I am certainly not the biggest fan but Ruesse would talk Baseball, Gophers, heck even MIAC often. Grant it, most was with a snark but at least it was not Kirk Cousins 3 and 10 completion percentage when the sun sets before 500pm and it was overcast that day.

1500 is unlistenable. Year round dedicated Vikings programming by a guy with ZERO charisma. Really awful.

FWIW, today (thursday) on KFAN, Paul Allen is promoting that their show will be live at the NFL combine!

All NFL and Vikings all the time. There are no other sports. Although, they did talk a little bit about the Wild, and played "cricket" noises in the background to show how clever they are.

Same thing with Barreiro. he's doing a bit where they read La Velle Neal's tweets from Spring Training. Hilarious radio.

Maybe Henry Lake and Ron Johnson will take over one of the Kfan shows. A guy can hope.

Top Bottom