Do you agree with Jerry Kill's comments on Coach Fleck?

Do you agree with Jerry Kill's comments on Coach Fleck?

• Yes, comments on Fleck's 1st wife, running down sideline. I agree with Kill taking shots at Fleck

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • No, he went way over the top commenting on Fleck's wife and Kill is just bitter that Fleck beat UW.

Votes: 140 90.3%

• Total voters

It's refreshing to hear someone speak his/her mind.
Fans put way too much trust in very flawed humans with a label of "coach" in front of their names.
It's funny that no one blinks an eye when Pelosi and Trump tear each other a new one, but Kill and Fleck can't state their disagreement with one another.
It's good to knock down the social norms surrounding speaking ones mind.

You're right...no comments, opinions, or memes about politics on social media has made places like Facebook and Twitter absolutely enjoyable!

My 2 cents.

Kill is a big loyalty guy and he needs the recognition. PJ was a young impressionable coach that Kill took under his wing. PJ has ambitions and wanted to expand his experience so he moved on. I suspect as PJ gained move confidence he may not have been as receptions Kill’s guidance and Kill took it as him being too cocky. It is understandably that as PJ got more set in “his way” of doing things that he would change in Kill’s eyes. PJ sees himself more in the mold of other coaches that tries to hire the “best” coaches as opposed to keeping old friends on the staff. Kill got upset that PJ flushed out all of his old coaches and brought in a new staff that buys into PJ. Any new coach is going to bring in his staff and his “culture.

It seems like Kill really feels like the U owes him. I appreciate what he did as a coach here, but Kill forgets what the U did for him. He was a somewhat respected small time coach. He had turned around a couple of small time schools, but nobody was fighting to hire him at the D1 level. The U gave him national recognition, respectability, top flight medical care and they even fixed his teeth. He would never have become a millionaire, nor had the platform for his causes, nor had the opportunities that he had without the U.

Kill is letting his ego destroy his legacy. He can pretty much just throw his Minnesota rolodex of contacts in the trash.

Speaking only for myself, I would largely say that what Kill actually intended was largely misunderstood, and, perhaps purposefully (actually, I'd say that is almost certainly the case), mis-characterized and mis-framed.

He didn't attack Fleck for getting a divorce. He didn't say that Fleck doesn't care about his players.

The main thrust of the comments was that he thinks Fleck has a big ego, and that his ego got way bigger after he was no longer an assistant coach of Kill's and got the W Michigan job. That part, I actually believe is probably true.

And many people have already agreed that they really aren't bothered that Fleck has a big ego, and in fact even expect a P5 head coach to have one.

Did someone take 10? If so then I'll be 12 on the haven't watched Game of Thrones count.
Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenadein the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.
Galahad: Three, sir.
King Arthur: Three.

Speaking only for myself, I would largely say that what Kill actually intended was largely misunderstood, and, perhaps purposefully (actually, I'd say that is almost certainly the case), mis-characterized and mis-framed.

He didn't attack Fleck for getting a divorce. He didn't say that Fleck doesn't care about his players.

The main thrust of the comments was that he thinks Fleck has a big ego, and that his ego got way bigger after he was no longer an assistant coach of Kill's and got the W Michigan job. That part, I actually believe is probably true.

And many people have already agreed that they really aren't bothered that Fleck has a big ego, and in fact even expect a P5 head coach to have one.

If he was misquoted or whatever comment that one wants to make, then Kill should call Fleck.

It is a shame what JK said publicly about PJ Fleck. Jerry Kill did a lot for the U. I am still perplexed about all the bitterness and where that is coming from.

14 - Count me in on this one and the Kardashians. I sit on the throne at the house to read newspapers or magazines, but I have never watched "A Game Of Thrones". What in the world is wrong with the cable media? It is all about advertisement and over-charging customers for cable programming that I never wanted or would watch. Packages are bundled in such a way that you have to have it in order to get BTN and ESPN. I pay too much for cable TV only because the real boss of the house wants cable. If it was only me, I'd ditch cable in a flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom