Jerry Kill Slams PJ

Do I still root for Jerry Kill?

Fck No! I have lost all respect for him.

That burns his bridge with the U and the fans. Too bad, he could have been classy and not let the pettiness cloud his judgement. I got a feeling that he would be back in the state again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What does this say about Jerry's ego? Mason didn't like Brewster and his style and Kill made no secret about the dumpster fire Brewster left him. At the end of the day, Jerry didn't do anything more than previous gopher coaches. Five years, .500 overall, well under .500 in Big Ten. I'm thankful he pulled us out of the Brewster era but think that the current perception of his tenure is now outweighing the reality. This state and fan base also bestowed a ton of support to him given his health struggles that seems to be minimally recognized by him.

I know what how? That what JK said is correct? Are you serious? Have you been paying attention to PJ?

Oh, so it is your opinion. Guess what, we don’t care...

Well, since fleck didn't say a word, I'll let your genius figure it out.

My "genius"? Hey, I'm no genius.

I didn't even know you could judge a man by how much hair he has. I'm obviously clueless.

If anyone would know about being for himself it would be Jerry Kill.

One of the biggest frauds ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does this say about Jerry's ego? Mason didn't like Brewster and his style and Kill made no secret about the dumpster fire Brewster left him. At the end of the day, Jerry didn't do anything more than previous gopher coaches. Five years, .500 overall, well under .500 in Big Ten. I'm thankful he pulled us out of the Brewster era but think that the current perception of his tenure is now outweighing the reality. This state and fan base also bestowed a ton of support to him given his health struggles that seems to be minimally recognized by him.

Funny story...I actually ran into both Mason and Brewster at the same Gate at MSP at the same time.

Who is a saint? You know nothing about Fleck, his first wife or anything else. And to call Fleck a prick and a dick says more about you than anything else. Look in the mirror. And Kill has shown his true self just like you have, no surprise on either front.

Some folks are just creepy with what they think they can judge and infer about others who they know little about.

Please explain how the culture has changed for the better under Fleck? And please remember that Kill had already resigned long before the rape allegations came to light.

My guess is that other coaches feel the same way about PJ as Kill does.

Kill took over a team that had won 3 games the year before, PJ took over a team that won 9 games. I would say Kill built a pretty good culture.

My thought is that Kill was actually kind in his assessment of PJ. My guess is that off the record, Kill would be a lot more forthright about his true feelings towards PJ.

Why is PJ on wife number two? I think it's a valid question considering the loyalty and culture PJ demands.

Kill touched on something I think PJ would like hidden. Kill mentioned how PJ changed and he mentioned PJs first wife, the one who also lost a child. Something happened there with his first wife that caused her to divorce him. PJ isn't a saint, no matter the persona he portrays.
That said, it seems to take a prick to build a football program. PJ may be a top-notch coach and a d!ck at the same time.

Well, then stay is that 50% of marriages end in divorce and well over 50% do when a child dies. I don’t know why P.J. and wife #1 divorced, but the odds were against them regardless.

Who is a saint? You know nothing about Fleck, his first wife or anything else. And to call Fleck a prick and a dick says more about you than anything else. Look in the mirror. And Kill has shown his true self just like you have, no surprise on either front.

I've read enough to accept that Fleck is a prick with an ego and attitude about how he intends to win. You can't find a coach at that level that isn't a prick so don't get your balls all tightened in your Speedos.
Are you so naive as to imagine PJ is a saint? You must be living in a cave if you think P in PJ doesn't stand for Prick.
But, being a prick doesn't mean he isn't a good football coach who can get the most out of 18-21 year old kids.
Now, go back to your cave if you can't handle PJ getting a bit of criticism.

PJ is all about PJ.

So what. I don't have a problem with this. The players love him.

Fleck isnt for everyone I know. IMO his schtick only works because he is crazy enough to believe in it himself. Fleck is nuts but that is why I think he will be successful here.

I love Jerry Kill. I still do and can see his points. Tracy Claeys got a raw deal and was basically fired for a poorly worded tweet. He has since landed on his feet with Washington state.

I think the U hit a homerun hire with PJ Fleck. I would extend Flecks contract a minimum of 10 more years.

Mostly agree with you on this post except I think Claeys was fired LONG before the tweet. I think he was fired the day Coyle was hired.

Just about any P5 football head coach is going to be an egomaniac. PJ and Kill both are. Mason and Brewster were. Wacker probably wasn't but maybe that's why he didn't succeed.

It is interesting.

We fired Brewster but he has never said a bad word about the University or anyone related to it.

But Jerry throws snow.

Mostly agree with you on this post except I think Claeys was fired LONG before the tweet. I think he was fired the day Coyle was hired.

Just about any P5 football head coach is going to be an egomaniac. PJ and Kill both are. Mason and Brewster were. Wacker probably wasn't but maybe that's why he didn't succeed.
Yep. And PJ may well succeed as a coach here at Minnesota.

Please explain how the culture has changed for the better under Fleck? And please remember that Kill had already resigned long before the rape allegations came to light.

You can’t defend Kill’s comments and exclude the entire year before Fleck was hired. The culture under Claeys sucked. A group of players were involved in an unacceptable situation and he handled it like someone who was ill prepared to be a head coach at this level. Not saying he’s a bad guy or a bad coach, he’s a great d coordinator.

So, players not involved in situations like the year before Fleck got here, and Fleck knowing how to handle situations plus, not only beating Wisconsin, but embarrassing them in their home stadium. Two major culture changes.

I was a HUGE fan of Kill, but he’s butt hurt and he’s better than what he just did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is all the evidence that Fleck is all about himself?

I agree he's not shy in front of a mic.
I agree he's confident in his abilities and the process he uses for developing young men.
I agree he uses hokey phrases and motivational methods.

Does that make him all about himself? I see the exact opposite.

He preaches a culture of service -- and actually expects players to live it out.
He apparently spends a lot of time meeting individually with players and connecting with them personally (the stories about his chats with Mo).
Sounds like the kids love playing for him.
He promotes the program harder than any coach I can remember.
He does things like send text messages to equipment managers on their wedding anniversaries. I barely remember my own.

I don't know that he's NOT all about himself (perhaps he's an arrogant, egomaniacal b@$tard IRL), but I don't think anyone can say that definitively based on the evidence.

Ol Jer is a ball coach....

Oh, so it is your opinion. Guess what, we don’t care...

Evidently not only my opinion, and evidently you do care since this thread exists and you are posting in it.

Top Bottom