Jerry Kill Slams PJ

You've been backed into a corner you can never get out of fat boy. We have conclusive proof that not only did the ratings service not evaluate the recruit prior to giving him a rating, the player didn't even exist. The idea that this is a one-time event is laughable and the only leg you can try and stand on. The problem with your explanation is that the same people that gave the phantom recruit 3 stars due to his fake offers have evaluated hundreds of other recruits. So I have data that shows offers impact ratings, and you have no data that supports evaluations are unbiased.

So the next time a poster says offers affect recruiting rankings and you dispute it, they will only need to remind you of this example for you to be proven dead wrong. Again.

Checkmate

An isolated example isn't proof of anything. By your childishly idiotic logic, Zion Williamson's shoe blowing out is proof that PG 2.5s will blow out a significant percentage of the time.

I don't have to prove that evaluations are unbiased. I'm not the one making the claim. You're making the claim, it's on you to prove it. That's how theories work.

Prove that it wasn't a one-time event. Again, I await your data. You have nothing to stand on. You want so desperately to prove that your absurd notion is true, and it so desperately bothers you that you can't. You know that I'm right and you're wrong (as it is so on virtually every topic on GopherHole), and your only recourse is lashing out and name-calling. It's ok, little man.

I especially liked the "fat boy" comment. It's adorable - as if you know anything about me or what I look like. My seven-year-old girl likes to throw temper tantrums too.

An isolated example isn't proof of anything. By your childishly idiotic logic, Zion Williamson's shoe blowing out is proof that PG 2.5s will blow out a significant percentage of the time.

I don't have to prove that evaluations are unbiased. I'm not the one making the claim. You're making the claim, it's on you to prove it. That's how theories work.

Prove that it wasn't a one-time event. Again, I await your data. You have nothing to stand on. You want so desperately to prove that your absurd notion is true, and it so desperately bothers you that you can't. You know that I'm right and you're wrong (as it is so on virtually every topic on GopherHole), and your only recourse is lashing out and name-calling. It's ok, little man.

I especially liked the "fat boy" comment. It's adorable - as if you know anything about me or what I look like. My seven-year-old girl likes to throw temper tantrums too.

You've been boxed by Galt, Fat Boy. Let it go. Maybe you can win the next one.

Lol - an isolated example isn’t proof??? It’s data, and you don’t have any. Not only have you been proven wrong about recruiting rankings, you’ve also been proven wrong that you admit when you’re wrong. Rough day for you on GH.

Jerry Kill needs to decide whether he wants to be the Athletic Director of SIU, or the bitter ex-football coach of Minnesota. The two are incompatible.

I can’t imagine Coyle or any responsible AD going off on some interview about someone at another institution who had hurt their feelings. Seen in light of his current role, Kills comments reflect an attitude that he is bigger than the program he manages. Bigger than the University he represents, whose interests should come first.

Coyle [emoji216] is lucky if he has the coordination to tie his own shoes. He's never coached a day in his life. There is no comparison between coil and kill.

I just wish he would be more eloquent and more fully elaborate his points.

He only meant to claim that Fleck's ego got massively inflated after he took the WMU job, that he changed, and that his flashy style isn't for the players, it's about stroking his own ego. Those are simple statements, and obvious to me that is what he was saying.

But because of his speaking style of half-sentences and unfinished thoughts ..... it allows internet people to blow it way out of proportion and see things that aren't there. Go way out of their way to take things in a manner that wasn't at all intended.

Don’t go putting words in his mouth, that is not what he said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed.
Also, it's not a big deal if one former coach holds disdain for another coach. Look at the disdain Brew had for Bielema. It was comical.
I see no problem with Kill saying he doesn't like Fleck. So what.

It is pretty simple, had Kill been asked for his opinion of Fleck his reply wouldn't be a big deal. He wasn't asked, he went on a National show and took an unsolicited shot at the current head coach. That is the reason he is getting bashed by pretty much everyone for what he did.

So you have a special Jerry Kill decoder ring then?

You are one of the only people whole heartedly defending good ole Jerry. The bottom line is unprovoked he decided to go on National show and try and tear Fleck down. it was petty and childish and right along with the Jerry Kill that many refused to see while they gobbled up his humble ole ball coach schtick while he was here.

Fleck absolutely has an ego, all power 5 head coaches have massive egos for the most part. They get paid millions of dollars and are paid significantly more then their boss. Kill's ego was just as massive he just buried it behind his act which played better with people in this state who don't like flashy things or for people to be energetic.

This idea that Fleck's style is just for him is foolish. If Fleck was doing all the things he does and players were checking out or not following him he would fail miserably and get fired.

Is Fleck over the top at times, yep....but he also took a Western Michigan program to great heights and there are some real signs that what he is doing here is working as well. So while his style may tick off a lot of people it seems pretty clear that he at least has some idea what he is doing and that the players are buying into it.

+1000

Could care less what Kill says. To me he is just another guy who could not win here. Claeys is not hauling in power 5 head coaching jobs. And then we have Fleck, a guy not yet a proven loser in this job. As of right now he is the only one that can win here.

You've been boxed by Galt, Fat Boy. Let it go. Maybe you can win the next one.

The bloated bovine has not responded. This idiot should just stop posting and climb out of his basement. The fresh air would do him, well, I'm not sure?

It's for the brand.

If kill had started coaching again, he would not be able to use brick by brick because he didn't trademark it and Tennessee stole it.

Plus, fleck donated a bunch of money from the slogans proceeds to charity.

This is the stuff ppl get hung up on: he trademarked his slogan, he wears recognizable clothes, hes energetic. This makes the brand. It's not a show but there is a definite strategy to it. Its modern business practices
Sounds like a godfather...[emoji41]

Speaking only for myself, I would largely say that what Kill actually intended was largely misunderstood, and, perhaps purposefully (actually, I'd say that is almost certainly the case), mis-characterized and mis-framed.

He didn't attack Fleck for getting a divorce. He didn't say that Fleck doesn't care about his players.

The main thrust of the comments was that he thinks Fleck has a big ego, and that his ego got way bigger after he was no longer an assistant coach of Kill's and got the W Michigan job. That part, I actually believe is probably true.

And many people have already agreed that they really aren't bothered that Fleck has a big ego, and in fact even expect a P5 head coach to have one.

Yeah, he did, he pretty much said that verbatim. And he wasn't misunderstood. There was an agenda there. The timing within the interview proves that.

1511641201_10023221+1ufot112617.jpg

I agree with the other poster that he wears the above in order to stand out, and call attention to himself.

If TDS is a thing now PJDS must be a thing.

Last edited:

Top Bottom