Jerry Kill Slams PJ

What you write in a lot of your posts are complete BS and are slanderous! You just make stuff up , just like our President. I suspect you are actually a Russian hacker.
Cause...PJ...is a god?
Coaches at that level don't get there by being saints. They are self-promoting, ego driven, pariahs who use their players to stroke their own egos. The kids and parents will go along with it as long as they perceive that it will benefit themselves as well.
Are you really this naive about coaches?

That’s soooooo wrong! Funny but wrong![emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't meant to be a slam about his weight. i apologize if it came off that way....I was slamming his game and clock awareness.

I don't know what he means by no-brainer.

Like, they had local ties and obviously wanted the job (Whalen). Or, they had some local ties and were a hot candidate where this would be a premier job, and arguably one of the best at that level. (Motzko) Or does he mean that candidate was far and away the clear cut choice by how they were climbing the coaching ladder so an obvious choice for your #1 hire.

If it's the last, we've often been in the spot to try to hire the top choice and failed in executing that. So to me that's not a no-brainer. A no brainer to contact, but very hard to land.

I follow Gopher hockey very closely. Motzko was a great and safe choice. Only knock against him possibly could be his age. He will do some great things while he's here.

Fleck was the best up and coming coach out there at the time. The trick in the past is we didn't have a president or board that would pay those kinds of coaches. We do now.

The only one that's a bit outside the box is Whalen, but when you hear she is interested in the job I don't know how you say no to that.

Thanks. Very interesting.
I found one of the comments interesting. I can't say if it's true.
"That same Title IX investigation has since had half the decisions overturned on appeal, the accuser switch her story multiple times, and Minnesota is now facing a $45 million dollar lawsuit. It's the definition of messy."

Is UMN facing a $45 million dollar lawsuit?

I wasn't referring to you....but a parent of a player who played for Kill at a different school. I have no idea what happened, and never asked. But the mother did not like Kill at all, and it seemed to be more personal than just playing time.

I didn’t think you where but thanks.

Of course Fleck has an ego, what coach doesn’t? Doesn’t mean it’s just about him.

Name one other FBS coach that demands their PERSONAL trademarked brand embedded into the uniform.

Let’s say Fleck wins the Rose Bowl here three years in a row, and then is hired to replace Saben at Alabama.

Will we see oars on Bama’s uniforms???? Good ole boys down there might start donning some bed sheets and have themselves a “night ride” over that, if you catch my drift.

Sorry but that’s the one part of Fleck’s schtick that still sticks in my craw and I won’t be able to get over. All the other stuff, fine.

I know someone will immediately bring up the “Brick by brick” slogan, which was not Kill’s personal brand and was not trademarked by Kill. But someone will still try to draw a false equivalence.

It’s been discussed before.

Wait did Kill actually bring up Fleck’s ex wife or was that some dumb rube on this board! If Kill brought it up that’s really screwed up and he does need to apologize.

Fleck was in an awkward position coming here. He was supposed to represent a wholesale change from the previous regime, but he also had ties to that regime considering he was an assistant under Kill. That obviously opened the door to questions about what Fleck thought about Kill and his tenure in Minnesota. Fleck might not have exercised the best discretion in his answers, he might have been too harsh and insensitive about Claeys’ culture. But, you know what, it wasn’t that big of a deal. He didn’t exactly throw Claeys or Kill under the bus either.

Sounds to me Kill is jealous that Fleck inherited his program and is coaching in the B1G10 at such a young age while it took Kill decades to reach this level. Kill probably doesn’t respect Fleck’s X’s and O’s and he probably thinks the sprinting down the sideline thing is over the top and immature. What Kill fails to understand is that being a head coach in the B1G10 doesn’t necessarily require an elite offensive or defensive mind if you surround yourself with a great staff and execute a vision that builds a great culture. You can then recruit high-level talent that can win on skill. As far as the whole running down the sideline quip, has Kill ever heard of Jim Harbaugh? Dude still laces up on gameday. Not sure how that can be perceived as selfish or lame. They’re just marketing the fact they were former players. Kill’s obviously envious of Fleck’s youthful nature

Name one other FBS coach that demands their PERSONAL trademarked brand embedded into the uniform.

Let’s say Fleck wins the Rose Bowl here three years in a row, and then is hired to replace Saben at Alabama.

Will we see oars on Bama’s uniforms???? Good ole boys down there might start donning some bed sheets and have themselves a “night ride” over that, if you catch my drift.

Sorry but that’s the one part of Fleck’s schtick that still sticks in my craw and I won’t be able to get over. All the other stuff, fine.

In your short time on this board, you've typed a lot of words here.

You should rethink that strategy.

Let's think about this another way. Is Jerry afraid the Fleck is about to totally awaken this sleeping giant at Minnesota? Fleck is going to totally steal the spotlight?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Let’s see . . . both 5 and 7 wins > 9 And year 1 = year 0; Anything else I should be brainwashed to believe?

Not reading 13 pages on the matter, but seems Jerry believes not only in building brick by brick, but also believes in dismantling brick by brick. Dropped more than a few notches down my respect ladder.

Anything else I should be brainwashed to believe?

That anyone gives a **** about your irrelevant JV team?

I honestly don't know how they fared this year, and I really don't care. And 99.99% of the population of the US does not care either.

Let’s see . . . both 5 and 7 wins > 9 And year 1 = year 0; Anything else I should be brainwashed to believe?

That escalated quickly. Cranky in Fargo tonight Herd? Head over to 3 Lyons Pub. I love that place. Cheers.

It is interesting.

We fired Brewster but he has never said a bad word about the University or anyone related to it.

But Jerry throws snow.

Yup.
Kind of funny he knows how to handle himself with class yet here is kill half a decade later trying to rehash a program he quit on

Not his fault he quit. But the u of m had no obligation to give his top assistant the job

I don't really have a problem with anything Kill said. To those criticizing Kill ask yourself this.....if it's true Kill helped Fleck get the WMU job, even after he bolted on him when Kill was loyal to him and kept him on staff at NIU (shows me Kill has character helping him not once but TWICE), and then Fleck intimates Kill left a bad culture you wouldn't be upset? Come on.

I'm big on being genuine, I treat people the way I'd like to be treated and if Fleck really did start changing and becoming a jerk I'd be upset and if you were honest with yourself you'd be upset too.

I think this is more of a I helped you out and this is the way you treat me kinda deal. I liked and respected Kill, other than not taking care of himself he did some really good things for the program. People not giving Kill credit are making me sick. I was lukewarm on Fleck, he's growing on me - but that has more to do with how the team is doing than knowing him personally......don't understand the shots being taken at either one of them, I reserve that judgment until I sit down and have a beer with someone or meet them in person.

My view points are mine. Kim might feel the same as the player you’re talking about. You’d have to ask him. I would also say that the player your mentioning might have been of more use to Kill (treated better).....with 3 years of eligibility (that’s the key) and all.

I have nothing but good things to say about Claeys and Sawtel. Kill? He’s a worthless human being IMO.

My favorite Kill moment was him quitting mid-season to make a play for the AD job. Priceless.

7878512.jpg

That escalated quickly. Cranky in Fargo tonight Herd? Head over to 3 Lyons Pub. I love that place. Cheers.

Oh, 5 and 7 > 9 and the Democrats really care about us, they really do . . . Another thing that some are brainwashed to believe. Yes, give the democrates all our money and a 10 extension and watch them save the program.

Cranky no, just amused by the thorough brainwashing here. Talk to me when PJ wins 9, and cut Jerry some slack. He’s actually earned it.

And How are things in West Fargo, looking at a big winter storm here in St Paul.

Last edited:

I don't think the 2nd wife is a fair issue to be bringing up unless you have lost a kid the way they did and were somehow able to stay with your wife. I hope to never find out what it's like to lose a child. I can only imagine how difficult that would be.

Its not fair because you don't criticize other people for their personal life. You don't have to like his coaching style, or how he interacts with the players or how he runs up and down the field so the camera is on him. But you leave his personal life alone. That comment alone, by Kill, is quite dinkish. Jerry would be best served by shutting his mouth.

Don't forget the Golden Loafer jersey's that Kill made players wear....

Again, PJ throws his players under the bus as much, if not more than, Kill. This is the wrong tree to bark up here.

Top Bottom