Pitino on Michigan game: "Hopefully, it's a sellout and crazy environment."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Need a Gold, maroon or a black out Richard. Make the call.

I’ll be at the game Thursday. I’m giving some serious thought to acting crazy while there.

With several thousand upper deck seats left at $55 each, I would say a sellout is unlikely. It would take some aggressive BOGO offers to get this sold out.

Need a Gold, maroon or a black out Richard. Make the call.

This is pre-determined and printed on the tickets they send out to season ticket holders.

Don't have mine with me so not sure if this is a _____ out

I think 6pm lends itself to a less crazy atmosphere. On the one hand, you get some more people there because its a better game for kids. But if you have a typical 9-5 type of job, you're hustling to get there for tip-off. I'm trying to get down to campus around 3:30. Grab a few beers pre-game. Weather looks great. Can walk to Stubs or even hit up Surly pre-game. If they win, keep that party rolling!!!

With several thousand upper deck seats left at $55 each, I would say a sellout is unlikely. It would take some aggressive BOGO offers to get this sold out.

Season Ticket Holders can get those 55 dollar tickets for a cool 50!

Shameful to not sell out this game. I will be flying in for it to use my seats but i am buying 10 seats for some guys that volunteer at a local recovery center. I fully realize how many people do not have extra cash but damn, i sit in a section where there are a bunch of wealthy alumni. They could each do even 5 and we could sell 500 easy. If not , they are not interested in success. Of course many of them did not even come to the UW game. Last game i counted 26 seats open in a small area of 106.

Looks like according to the Gopher men's basketball twitter the game will be a "throwback" game. I can't wait for Thursday, how can you not get excited about the #7 team in the country coming to the Barn.

Looks like according to the Gopher men's basketball twitter the game will be a "throwback" game. I can't wait for Thursday, how can you not get excited about the #7 team in the country coming to the Barn.

What exactly does a throwback game mean?

My first year as a season ticket holder. I can’t afford to attend all games, so I sell some and attend some. I’ve managed to be there for both the Maryland and Wisconsin losses. They were both depressing, but especially the Sconnie game. I don’t know if my heart can take another loss like that. What should I do? Maybe attend the game but bring an EMT with my other ticket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of the Wolverines at the Barn - I remember watching them in '81. I marveled at Mike McGee and his non-stop motor - trying to get open along the baseline. Back and forth, back and forth cutting, moving, working hard! The Barn was always packed and LOUD. Those were special times.

My first year as a season ticket holder. I can’t afford to attend all games, so I sell some and attend some. I’ve managed to be there for both the Maryland and Wisconsin losses. They were both depressing, but especially the Sconnie game. I don’t know if my heart can take another loss like that. What should I do? Maybe attend the game but bring an EMT with my other ticket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself. Get in there, yo.

Jim Dutcher and Johnny Orr coming out to coach?
Course it would take a miracle to get Johnny to coach...

I'll be there, man.
4d8d62ce1dee04cbac910a1bd3b26507.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

When did we last beat Michigan at the Barn. Tubby's first year?

I will be flying in for it to use my seats but i am buying 10 seats for some guys that volunteer at a local recovery center.

Good on you, man.

Hate that you have badger in your name, but I love the perspective you bring to this board.

Also, glad that you have badger in lower caps. :)

3 years ago I believe

I think it was 2016-17. DJ Wilson hit a buzzer beater to send it to overtime, but the Gophs still pulled it out. But yes we seem to struggle against Michigan in general. Even their bad teams seem to beat us. I think we’ve only beaten them like 2 times in the last decade or so.

I think it was 2016-17. DJ Wilson hit a buzzer beater to send it to overtime, but the Gophs still pulled it out. But yes we seem to struggle against Michigan in general. Even their bad teams seem to beat us. I think we’ve only beaten them like 2 times in the last decade or so.

Beilin is a helluva coach

I expect the Gophers to win vs MI and Purdue. These two teams arent world beaters and we almost beat both on the road. Purdue really struggled vs Indiana.

Purdue really struggled vs Indiana.

Hmmmm I feel like there might be some other factor here that you’re discounting, but can’t quite put my finger on it. I don’t know, maybe these two schools have a bit of a rivalry game mentality against each other, for some reason??

Hmmmm I feel like there might be some other factor here that you’re discounting, but can’t quite put my finger on it. I don’t know, maybe these two schools have a bit of a rivalry game mentality against each other, for some reason??

only putting up 48 points? Unless they are playing the Badgers or Virginia, this would be a cause for concern.

Top Bottom