Pitino on Michigan game: "Hopefully, it's a sellout and crazy environment."

Yep. When the team showed signs of life the crowd was right there.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how much juice the crowd had considering the lackluster effort by the team. The fans did their part.

How often has it been packed ? I have been to 5 games this year and there are tons of empty seats. I go to a lot of arenas that are sold out and SRO, filled.

I’ve been to all but 3 home games this year. The Wisconsin game was pretty rowdy and had to be a sellout. Other than that there have been plenty of empty seats. Attendance is nowhere near what it was 7-8 years ago. Even Tubby’s final season pretty much every game was a sellout.

Lots of empty seats last night. And the crowd never really got into it - the team never gave us a reason to

How many points did Coffey lose us when he would recklousely drive to the basket then either not get up after falling or complain to the officials as Michigan went the other way and toyed with us before scoring a wide open 3 or a layup.

Almost any coach would have benched the player for that happening twice. That didn't happen.

I am 0 for about 73 when standing and cheering and yelling on a defensive possession this year. Gophers score a couple, get a steal and score and coaches and players tell us to get up and cheer some more and then we give up a layup or a 3. Indiana game everyone stood up, I stayed seated and we got a stop. Last night I was up and yelling after Dupree's steal and boom- 3 pointer. and we all sat down again.

silly fingers promos and all the other canned promo's kill the vibe often also. The opportunity was there last night on throwback night to drop all the time-out commercial promos and let the band play or the crowd spend 3 minutes yelling at the refs or something. Instead we get to listen to the Gophers telling us what retro video games they like. On a side note, a video game from 2014 is not thought of as throwback to the average Gopher fan in attendance. Pong might be a little too far back, but 5 years is not far enough.

How many points did Coffey lose us when he would recklousely drive to the basket then either not get up after falling or complain to the officials as Michigan went the other way and toyed with us before scoring a wide open 3 or a layup.

Almost any coach would have benched the player for that happening twice. That didn't happen.

There are several guys who deserve to get yanked for a seat on the bench. The problem is who do you send in -- Stull? Hurt? Omersa? We're only playing basically seven guys now. And Stull got 12 minutes to IW's 3 last night???

There are several guys who deserve to get yanked for a seat on the bench. The problem is who do you send in -- Stull? Hurt? Omersa? We're only playing basically seven guys now. And Stull got 12 minutes to IW's 3 last night???

https://gophersports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=8153&path=mbball

Stull's stats line for those 12 mins: 1-1, 3 reb, 3 ast
IW's stats for those 3 mins: 0-2, no other stats

How about Coffey's stats line for 37 mins: 2-15, 0-5 3pt, 5reb, 4ast
Yikes

Top Bottom