Big Ten

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
I don't remember a Big Ten season with so many good teams and so much parity (I have been paying attentions sense 1990 or so)

Anyone can beat anyone at this point!

Rutgers at home is Very Tough
Illinois anywhere..anytime ( gave WI all they wanted last night)
Penn St. just beat Michigan
Iowa keeps getting lucky but winning none the less
Maryland ...don't really want to play them at any point
MSU - Well....MSU
Michigan.... So well coached
OSU..... jury is out...not sure what to think. they have moments
Gophers.... Jeckle and Hyde but can beat the best if they play their best.
Purdue.....Edwards is a stud
WI..... overrated at 22 but they are still Wisconsin

the only teams that are really back pedaling is Indiana, NW, and Nebraska

Curious how UW is over rated. I can not for the life of me find 22 teams that are better than UW.

I don't remember a Big Ten season with so many good teams and so much parity (I have been paying attentions sense 1990 or so)

Anyone can beat anyone at this point!

Rutgers at home is Very Tough
Illinois anywhere..anytime ( gave WI all they wanted last night)
Penn St. just beat Michigan
Iowa keeps getting lucky but winning none the less
Maryland ...don't really want to play them at any point
MSU - Well....MSU
Michigan.... So well coached
OSU..... jury is out...not sure what to think. they have moments
Gophers.... Jeckle and Hyde but can beat the best if they play their best.
Purdue.....Edwards is a stud
WI..... overrated at 22 but they are still Wisconsin

the only teams that are really back pedaling is Indiana, NW, and Nebraska

I think the B1G is almost always this "good." Actually, it might be deep, but it isn't very good at the top....especially with MSU's injuries. In 2014 the B1G had 3 teams in the Elite 8. In 2013 we had 4 teams in the Sweet 16. In the late 80's and early 90's the Big Ten was stacked. In 87 Indiana won the National Championship and Iowa had an unbelievable game against UNLV to just miss out. In '89 Michigan won it all and beat Illinois in the National Semifinals (Final 4). In '92 Indiana and Michigan (Fab 5 were freshmen) both made the Final 4 and Jimmy Jackson and Ohio State lost in the Elite 8. I'd be surprised if any team in the B1G made the Final 4 this year, and wouldn't be surprised at all if no more than two teams made the second week of the tournament. When is the last time the B1G had a national champion? It has to be Michigan State 15 to 20 years ago....and I would be shocked if that changed this year.

Just our luck. The "backpedaling" Huskers find just enough footing to beat us, and then basically go back to backpedaling. (just got their as* kicked by last place PSU tonight)

Just our luck. The "backpedaling" Huskers find just enough footing to beat us, and then basically go back to backpedaling. (just got their as* kicked by last place PSU tonight)

Yes, their two best players played out of their minds against us. Just our luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching PSU's drubbing of Nebraska reignited my anger at losing to Nebraska. If we don't finish with 20 wins for the regular season and fail to be selected, that loss will be the reason. All of our other losses were understandable but we really needed that one and it was there for the taking. And I'm not going to blame the refs. If PSU can beat them by 25, we should have been able to beat them by at least 3 to 5.

Watching PSU's drubbing of Nebraska reignited my anger at losing to Nebraska. If we don't finish with 20 wins for the regular season and fail to be selected, that loss will be the reason. All of our other losses were understandable but we really needed that one and it was there for the taking. And I'm not going to blame the refs. If PSU can beat them by 25, we should have been able to beat them by at least 3 to 5.

Spot on.

Nebraska is bad. Huskers now in a dead heat with Indiana and Northwestern in the race for worst team in the Big 10. Penn State playing a heck of a lot better than those 3.

Rutgers is improving, obviously, but if the Gophers want outsiders to look at them as a truly NCAA-worthy squad, you simply go to both Piscataway and Evanston and take care of business, get it done no matter how it looks.

Spot on.

Nebraska is bad. Huskers now in a dead heat with Indiana and Northwestern in the race for worst team in the Big 10. Penn State playing a heck of a lot better than those 3.

Rutgers is improving, obviously, but if the Gophers want outsiders to look at them as a truly NCAA-worthy squad, you simply go to both Piscataway and Evanston and take care of business, get it done no matter how it looks.

Agree, a bad call from the refs isn't what keeps them from the tournament, they need to show they belong, at least it is still in their hands.

The B1G gets the least amount of McDonald's all americans of the power 5. That is probably why coaching can get our less talented teams to the final four but not win it all.

They have always seemed to out-savvy, outwork, and outcoach the Gophers in our games with them since Miles has been there.

When is the last time the B1G had a national champion? It has to be Michigan State 15 to 20 years ago....and I would be shocked if that changed this year.

the last current Big Ten team to win a National Championship was Maryland in 2002, but they were in the ACC.

Top Bottom