Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Sorry- don’t get much Twins coverage out here- is there worry/knowledge about him having a dead arm or strain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've been saying for weeks now I was expecting an injury to be reported. I'm honestly surprised he's still pitching. I have no insider knowledge but I don't understand how a guy can go from being so dominant to just straight knocked around start after start unless something is wrong.
    Who hates iowa?

Must not be his elbow then. When Liriano's went, it was fast. Maybe it's a hurt rib or something. Can't use 100% force, but can still go out and give 85%.

With Berrios, there is a trend line showing that his performance always tails off the longer the season goes.

He's not a real big guy, and he just wears down. I saw a post from Reusse quoting an unnamed scout who said Berrios has problems with his mechanics - when he doesn't get on top of the ball, his pitches flatten out and become a lot easier to hit. Roy Smalley has also pointed out some issues with Berrios' delivery.

My thought - Berrios is known for very tough off-season workouts. I wonder if he over-does it in the off-season? Maybe he should back off on the off-season work and try to pace himself so he doesn't run out of gas in the fall. Barring that, the Twins might just have to manage his work-load - have him skip a start every couple of weeks to keep his innings down.

Either way, he is just not an "ace" pitcher. On most other contending teams, he would not be the #1 starter - might be the #2 on a couple of clubs, but on other contending teams, he would be a #3 starter. That just points out that the Twins' pitching staff is just not that strong. They might be able to hang on and win the division, or make the wild-card, but I don't like their chances in the post-season with the current starting pitching staff.

Those white uniforms might be the ugliest I've ever seen.

Twins losing to the Tigers 2-1 right now. Gibson throwing a lot of pitches.
    go Twins & Gophers go.

Our middle infielders will be the death of us.

Quote Originally Posted by gophersfan View Post
    Twins losing to the Tigers 2-1 right now. Gibson throwing a lot of pitches.
    They're playing very poorly so far, tonight. The hitters are making Jackson look like an all-star, Polanco made a costly error and then a costly decision on another play, and Gibson is pitching very inefficiently. He is throwing a lot of junk, and not many for strikes.

The one positive is that the Twins still have half of the game to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherlife View Post
    Those white uniforms might be the ugliest I've ever seen.

Blog Entries

Berrios needs a stint on the IL, even if it's just a dead arm and not a specific injury.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Berrios needs a stint on the IL, even if it's just a dead arm and not a specific injury.
    I agree, give him rest and see if he can come back and pitch down the stretch like he started the season. Maybe the season is just too long for him?
    Who hates iowa?

The weird thing is his velocity was back up in this last start. It had been down. Not sure what is going on with him.

Cleveland might be without Ramírez the rest of the season.

Nm
    Last edited by Angry; 08-25-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I agree, give him rest and see if he can come back and pitch down the stretch like he started the season. Maybe the season is just too long for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    The weird thing is his velocity was back up in this last start. It had been down. Not sure what is going on with him.
    Berrios arm is fine.
    On the broadcast they talked about his mechanics being off, which is causing him to miss his spots. Once September hits, expect him to have an extra day off and he can work on tightening up his fundamentals.

Had to share this - it's just too good. From an article in the Strib talking about why the Twins will sometimes leave early for a road trip, to let the players get acclimated to the new city.
    some players shared their opinion - and here is this gem from Trevor May:

Trevor May, for instance, prefers home to hotels.

“I’ve always got things I want to accomplish on our off days. And my internet connection is better here,” May said, so he flew commercial to Milwaukee this month rather than go with the team. But he flew to Chicago on Sunday, he said, in order to make sure he wasn’t in the air for the release of a new video game, “World of Warcraft Classic,” on Monday night.

ya gotta luv it.